Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1995 Grand Cherokee

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

$278 - $5,062  MSRP Range
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

4.4

Have You Driven the 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Great first car

by i live, i ride, i am a jeep, from Cedar Rapids,Iowa on Thu Jan 21 2010

Jeep has such a terrible rep and there usually from people that have never owned one. Me, this was my second car i bought. It is a 95 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2L V8 for $2700 with around 140,000 miles on it. i have owned the car for 2 and half years and the only thing i have had to replace is the m.a.p sensor which was a couple hundred bucks. My favorite part about the jeep is the massive engine, pushing 235hp and a, 0-60 in the 8.5 range, no its not great but it puts up one heck of a match. I also love the fact the it is rugged, not only does it ride fairly smooth on the road it is a champ off the road. I live in iowa and we have some pretty brutal winters with lots of snow and let me tell you, when i drive in the snow its as if it is not even there its pretty sick. No jeep isnt the best car but is is a great starter car and if you are looking for a fun ride, JEEP all the way

great vehicle

by momx3 from Kaneohe, Hawaii on Wed Nov 28 2007

I have 169,000 miles and car still has a lot of power. Only problem I seem to have is the front end shimmy. Took car in a dozen times, mechanics cant find anything wrong. Interior still great and comfy. Overall, best car I have owned. Now gonna buy a 2008 grand cherokee!

love my jeep

by Zippys lady from nelsonville ohio on Mon Jul 14 2014

I have a 95 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4, it was my first car of my own, I absolutely love my jeep. It hasn't ever let me down, although my jeep is about to be fixed for what most people call the jeep death shake I wouldn't chose any other vehicle. It wonderful in the snow even without being in 4 wheel drive. I'm feel so much more comfortable driving my jeep over another vehicle. In short if you are looking at a jeep, just do it you'll fall in love!

The BEST ever

by Willow from Utah on Sat Feb 22 2014

My 1995 Grand Cherokee i6 has been the BEST auto I have ever had in 50 years of driving. 300 thousand miles and will NOT quit. I call it "Timex". Takes a licking and keeps on Ticking. I will NEVER get rid of it even if it finally does stop.

Fun & gets the job done

by LacyB from York, PA on Sat Aug 19 2017

I love my Jeep (v8, Laredo, 5.2L). It's great for towing, moving stuff, hauling friends around, off roading, and winter driving. It's fun to drive, comfortable, and really simple to understand, despite being pretty technologically advanced for its time. The biggest downside is the upkeep. It requires quite a bit of maintenance (of course it IS more than 20 years old). If you're good with repairs and maybe have AAA, you'll be fine, haha. The engine is strong, so that's one expense I haven't had to worry about. The transmission has been good to me, as well. Repairs have been pretty typical (radiator, transfer case, sway bar & links, ECM, HUD, radio, A/C lines, brake lines, etc).

great jeep

by jeepster69 from Redding Ca. on Wed Feb 16 2011

other than a few electrical snafews its a great jeep! Gas mileage is not like a small hot hatchback, but then again its roomy and I can get WAY off the beaten path!! If you like the great outdoors this perfect!! I even sleep in it at the beach at the coast!!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Jacolek from Guelph,Ontario on Sun Aug 27 2006

Ride comfort is appealing in each version. Surprisingly, the less-potent versions have felt a bit more stable on twisting roads and mountainous inclines.With the V-8, this Jeep starts off with a leap. Acceleration is less assertive at highway speeds, but the automatic transmission performs well on steep upgrades by downshifting promptly when you push the accelerator.

Overall good car

by Miller01 from Round Rock, Tx on Tue May 22 2018

Good car. Usefull that it comes with 4wd. More a family car than anything else. Has given me some electrical problems but most are fairly easy to sort out. Good bit of room. The V8 has some get-up-and-go.

fun 4x4 vehicle

by SVT from Pensacola, FL on Sun Feb 01 2009

I have owned a '95 Grand Cherokee (4.0I 4x4, 215,000 miles) for about three and a half years. It has been a truly great vehicle. I have had no problems with the engine whatsoever. Though, I would recommend the 5.2 or 5.9 if you can afford the extra for gas, as my dad has had no problems with his '96 5.2 liter in the past 11 years (and he is very rough with it). If you are looking for one, be sure the "Jeep death shake" has been repaired...it is a costly repair. These are the parts I think that I have had to repair (control arm, U-joints, CV boots). These just gain wear after a while. The only unusual repair I will have to make is a transfer case rebuild (expensive, a bearing went out). I do not know what caused it. The thing just went out from one use to the next. I would definitely recommend this vehicle, it has been fun. The 4.0I engine is a little weak, but plenty torquey for some serious off-roading, or mudding. The reliability of the engine is outstanding. Other parts go out normally with time. The only real feature to note is the folding rear seats; they allow for a huge amount of space (very handy for three college guys heading across the country with all of our stuff). Buy one, it is worth the money.

Incredible-150,000 Miles and Still Rollin'

by New Englander from MA on Mon Nov 24 2008

This is the most reliable car ever built! It's so comfortable and excellent for long trips. With the 4.0 litre I-6 it gets about 18 mpgs average which is good for an SUV. It has never had a single problem, and at this rate, probably never will. The brakes were done twice, but at 150,000 miles that's routine. The leather seats in our Limited are so relaxing and soft. I love this car. I will drive this thing for ever. It's a truely incredibly reliable car!!! It tows our boat fairly well. The AC and Heat are still in perfect working order. Is drives smoothly too. This Jeep does excellent in the snow. The car handles very well in bad driving conditions. Jeep did a great job with this one!!!

1 2

Our Take on the 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

So why is everyone getting so excited about the coming "luxury" sport-utility vehicles when Chrysler has a vehicle decked out with every creature comfort and amenity known to man at $32,631.

Hmmm. $32,631. When did sport-utility vehicle's window stickers equal-and surpass-many people's annual incomes? OK, the price is steep, but here's a utility that rides and handles like a Cadillac Seville.

The optional ($616) 5.2-liter, 220-h.p., V-8 (a 4-liter, 190-h.p., in-line 6 is standard) is smooth and quiet, though like the Trooper LS the price you pay is in never being able to venture far from a gas pump. The rating is 14 m.p.g. city/18 m.p.g. highway.

When the snow gets deep, the Grand Cherokee... Read More