2011 Grand Cherokee

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

Best 4x4 for the money

by Don from Waterford, Mi on February 22, 2011

I drove everything from Toyota's to Ford's (except the new Explorer, not out as of purchase) and nothing even came close to the Jeep GC. GM, Hyundai, & Honda don't make anything that competes with it. Great ride, beautiful interior (everything is where it's supposed to be), fit and finish is excellent (not one gap or creak anywhere) and EXCELLENT gas mileage. Real world 70% city and 30% highway = 19 mpg with the V6. It will be a long time before any of the other makes can catch up to the value, feel and ride of the GC.

Epitome of Quality in Every Way!

by 4Wheeler from Ithaca, NY on July 31, 2010

The 2011 JGC Overland is the best vehicle I have ever driven. The ride, handling, interior refinement, transmission, exterior detail, paint luster, amenities and performance are unsurpassed. First rate materials inside and out! The pearl-coat paint is suburb. Rich authentic interior wood accents; sumptuous leather seating areas, dashboard surfaces and door trimmings are unheard of in such an affordable vehicle; and the contrasting color carpeting is gorgeous, appropriately tough and pleasant on one's feet. Everything rivals the costlier Range Rover. The large panoramic sunroof lights up the high quality interior whether opened for fresh air or closed. The sunshade is smooth to operate when less light is desired. When open fully, it is much like a well executed convertible! Even gas mileage is far better than anticipated, even for the brawny (yet silky smooth) Hemi V8. My ONLY complaint? Where is the 6.4 liter STR-8 Hemi V8? However, I cannot imagine anything better than my new Jeep Grand Cherokee!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Amazing! Just amazing!

by Rubicon Ron from Homer, New York on August 4, 2010

I looked at nearly ever SUV and crossover on the market today, including some costing $20,000 more. The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee immediately exceeded all of my expectations and impresses more with each mile. Our Overland is an enormous jump over the overpriced and too ostentatious Cadillac Escalade this amazing Jeep replaced. The GC rides far more like a luxury car, even on highly uneven pavement and bumpy back roads. No squeaks, rattles or shakes, but rather a smooth, highly compliant, controlled ride with outstanding sports car-like handling. The interior materials are rich, yet sturdy enough to take off-road to our rustic cabin, allowing us to use this all-wheeler for hard work and play, while benefiting from a car to bring to the opera and on long drives. The inside and outside quality is first rate. The over sized power sunroof is a hoot! Such fun in the sun and for star gazing at night. The leather seating and trim is Bentley-like and all switch gear works with precision. Friends, family and strangers simply marvel at the design. It is all new, but this "no excuses" SUV is pure Jeep from stem to stern. A modern interpretation of an American classic. I drove both V6 and Hemi V8 models and encourage potential buyers to do the same. If not for towing a large boat, the impressive V6 would have sufficed, but the V8 is extremely powerful, and at the same time, gets extraordinarily good gas mileage for a vehicle as spacious as the 2011 Grand Cherokee. I urge readers to visit their Jeep dealership or acquire a detailed catalog via mail since not all exterior colors are currently (as of 08/04/2010) featured on Jeep's website. There is also a very attractive "Saddle" brown interior color due out shortly that is not shown online.

possably The Best 4x4

by Traveler from Orange County, N.Y. on September 9, 2010

I had been thinking of buying an SUV for a while but since my wife bought the Seina XLE and I have other vehicles I had laid off the idea for a while. I first saw a 2011 Grand Cerokee on the highway and was impressed enough to go to the nearest dealer to drive one. They had a Limited V8 that I test drive and decided I wanted a Limited with the V6 instead. I took delivery on a Limited, Blackberry Pearl paint with beage interior with the open roof, towing, nav with 30G stereo and of course standard all terrain selectable all wheel drive. Love the performance of this Jeep, it is very quiet and rides like a luxury car, handles like a sports car and has a hidden agenda for ruggedness. Gas milage is better than stated so far and with only 700 miles on the clock I am seeing 19.5 to 25.1 on the onboard computer. I usually only purchase foreign vehicles, never thaught I would buy a Jeep, however doing the proper research and knowledge of mechanical engineering assured me this is a good purchase for the scarce dollar.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Better Then Expected

by Chris H from Tampa on January 27, 2011

I just purchased my first JGC 4x4 and I have to say it just keeps getting better and better. I didn't have the buyer's remorse that I thought I would coming from a fully loaded Cadillac CTS. The ride is smoother then any Nissan product and comparable to the similar Toyota line. My Laredo has the X package and tow kit so those were a few add ons I would recommend. I leased mine for under $600 with tax included 36 months and 50,000 and MSRP at around $39K. I cannot comment on its towing capability as I haven't pulled my boat with it but I would expect it to do just fine. Where I am really interested is the capaibility to get my boat out of the private lake as I have buried an Avalanche and Pathfinder trying....both 4x2. All in all interior not stellar but, again, I'm used to a fully loaded Cadillac. I was still surprised with some of the extra featured included and overall, I'm pretty happy to now call myself a Jeep owner.

GREAT CAR

by WVRICK from parkersburg, wv on December 27, 2010

Purchased the new 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited a couple of months ago. It has all the bells and whistles. Great options. OUTSTANDING gas mileage. Very comfortable. It is a winner! I have had alot of cars, and this is a great value for the money. I highly recommend it !

Pleasantly Surprised

by Car Connoisseur from Orlando, Fl on October 5, 2011

With hesitancy I traded in my '07 Infiniti G35X not sure that it would be a good idea. I have had two Jaguars, a Buick and an Infiniti and loved them all. I couldn't be happier with this Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X2. I bought it with all the options including a rear DVD player. Surprisingly, this had more options than my fully loaded G35X. It is the Blackberry with black interior. It is beautiful. I am very pleased with the Garmin GPS especially having the trip screen on. I like the air conditioned front seats, the heated rear seats and especially the Adaptive Cruise Control and blind spot warning. The UConnect Blue tooth is outstanding as is the memo recorder and CD player. I chose the V8 Hemi and am so glad I did. It is a powerful engine. I get about 23 on the highway and 16-17 around town. I put 3000 miles on it in the first month. My wife likes the comfort, roominess and the free TV channels that come with the DVD entertainment system. There is nothing I don't like about it. It is the best SUV on the market and the price was great. One of the side benefits is that my back does not hurt as much. I never imagined owning a Jeep but I couldn't be more pleased.

strong showing

by gold member from new jersey on March 6, 2011

this is my 5th jeep so i should no alittle about this truck it is strong for the money styling is good power is ok wish i had hemi but all and all this is avery strong all around and i would buy it again very nice inside and out alot of looks

A Real Off-Roader... the Best!

by 4x4 Lover from Lake George, NY on March 19, 2011

the best sat-nav in the business. everything beautifully integrated. seats are superior to all past model jeeps & of all new suv's & crossovers out there. quality is rock solid. the perfect well-rounded vehicle for off-roading & on. goes through feet of snow & gets you from point a to point b safely with the latest & greatest in technolgy. The overland & summit models have a std. dual sunroof that is a class leader. my blackberry peal overland model is stunning & runs as great. never been happier with a vehicle - car, truck or minivan.

Best impulse buy EVER!!!!!!!

by LOVE MY JEEP! from Aurora, CO on May 25, 2011

Traded 08 Xterra for 11 Limited JGC!!! LOVE IT!! Had intentions of trading early next year. I previously test drove 11 Ford Explorer and Edge Sport, also a VW Toureg TDI...sketchy reviews on the Fords and too high price-tag on the TDI. Test drove the Jeep....drove it home! So many bells and whistles for the money!! Took it on a road trip through the Rocky Mountains...25mpg! Absolutely NO regrets with this purchase! It's a perfectly sporty/luxurious SUV that doesn't feel like a soccer-mom crossover! If you are on the fence about which new SUV to buy...BUY A JEEP!! It has everything! Word to the wise....make sure you have a low deductible on glass coverage...I LITERALLY replaced the windshield the first week...thanks to a rock from a semi! Living in Colorado I know rock chips are a problem, but SERIOUSLY with rain-sensing wipers the windshield is like $900! $50 deductible the first week...no sweat! LOVE LOVE LOVE my jeep!! :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17