Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 Patriot

2009 Jeep Patriot

2009 Jeep Patriot

4.1

Have You Driven the 2009 Jeep Patriot?

Awesome

by Pitty from Bris-vegas, Australia on Sat Sep 13 2008

This vehicle is awesome..... I'm in Oz and have the LTD version but unfortunately not the freedom 2 option (not availble here) on it. I cannot fault this vehcile in any possible way other than the cup holder position in the back. They are at leg level on the back of the centre console which really only makes comfortable seating for 4 adults and a kid in the middle. Sure it doesn't eat mud and climb the wrong side of a mountain bit if that's what you want to do then buy a vehicle that does advertise this capability! I can personally vouch for the safety of the vehicle as I was hit buy another car when I was stationary at a train crossing. The other cars folded up against my patriot and I only had cosmetic damage! What can I say, if you do you your research like I did, there IS no better option in the class as all the rest have problems with them or there space negate the reason to get a SUV/crossover!

Great Vehicle for The Money

by Philbert from Minnesota on Mon Jan 12 2015

I have the 2009 with the limited trim, and overall I have been very pleased with this vehicle. I was able to get it with the 5 speed manual transmission, which I found to be much more responsive verses the CVT demo I drove. Mileage with the manual is around 30 on the highway even with the 4WD drive line. I see lots of problems reported out there with leaky sunroofs, and fortunately I do not have a sunroof so this is a non issue. The heated leather seats are very comfortable, handling is adequate, although not spectacular, but the best part is the 4WD literally goes through any snow covered roads with extreme ease. Considering the price I paid - with heated leather, 4WD, decent cargo space, and overall no issues, I can't complain one bit after 4 years of use. Great value overall.

Limited

by Luganathan from Pennsylvania on Thu Feb 11 2010

Purchased new. Very good in the snow and all weather conditions. The upgraded interior in the 09 models are nicely done. Love the sun and sound options. Leather seats look great and are very comfortable. The acceleration if fine for a 4 cyl. If you are coming from a heavy 6 cyl or v-8, the cvt transission will disappoint. If you are used to a 4 cyl it will feel fine.

My Cash for Clunkers Purchase

by Otho Nogo from Houston TX on Tue May 04 2010

I traded my 15 year old pickup in under the "Cash for Clunkers" program. With the program rebate and a Jeep rebate I paid an even $10,000 for this new Jeep. Best deal I have ever made. I got a trade in offer the other day for more than I paid. I miss power windows but otherwise I am very pleased.

Better than the 2008

by Joe from Edinburg, TX on Thu Oct 30 2008

I've had the opportunity to own both a 2008 and now a 2009 Patriot. The 2008 leaked from the dome light and was bought back by Chrylser as a "lemon". So they gave me a 2009 Patriot. The new interior is more luxorious looking and streamlined and has added features like padded arm rests and lock/unlock button on passenger door. Other than the interior, both years drive and handle the same and the gas mileage is great. Also, the auxilary input recognizes an MP3 player so no need to press Aux button on radio. Downside, the 2008 had a washable hard plastic floor in the cargo area, while the 2009 has a carpet floor that traps dirt and stains.

Great Buy

by Outdoorsman from NH from New Hampshier on Wed Sep 03 2008

I've had this jeep for eight months now and I almost completely saticefied. My only negitive about this vehicle is the engine, it is a little small and the tranmission is a bit noisey. The gas milage is great so is every thing else. I am glad I bought this vehicle!

leaking sunroof

by Texas from DFW, Texas on Sun Jul 19 2015

All you have to do to fix the leak is open the sunroof and clean out the drain holes.... a really cheap and easy fix... my wife's car was leaking and that's all I did to fix the problem......................

Good Car for the Money

by Chinacatrider from Apalachin, NY on Sun Jun 30 2013

We have owned the car for a month. It gets good gas mileage for a Jeep, approx 28mpg hwy. It has plenty of utility space. This was a perfect car for our family. The car we purchased was stripped down... ie. manual locks and windows. However they are "endearing" as my 18 year old puts it. The car has a nice sound system and air conditioning. It is a comfortable car even with the jeep suspension. Over all I would recommend this car for a family that is looking for a reliable utility vehicle.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Family Car

by Bassam from on Sun Jan 01 2012

Bought it three years ago, has been very dependable vehicle. Good value for the money. I bought an extended warranty which proved worth it.

Great car at a great price

by Jeep Owner from Tampa on Sat Mar 21 2009

I recently bought a brand new Jeep Patriot for under $15k. Most used cars are more than this! It included 0% financing for 36 months, lifetime power train warranty, and $1000 rebate ontop of the Employee Pricing. I have owned American and Japanese cars in the past, this car is superb. The only downside is that you have to floormats and cruise control are not standard for this vehicle and the engine is a 2.0. Regardless, its drives well with little effort and worth much more than what was paid for.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2009 Jeep Patriot

Everyone deserves a do-over.

That's not to make excuses or not to hold a company accountable for misdeeds, but do-overs are as American as apple pie. Few places in the world offer the chance to make amends and reinvent yourself like America.

So if that's our United States, why shouldn't a Patriot deserve a second shot?

The 2009 Jeep Patriot is the off-roader Jeep should have introduced when it debuted at the trailhead in December 2006.

It was the right idea: a little SUV that could get groceries while crossing the Rubicon Trail; that 2007 model was just poorly executed. What Jeep tried to sell as austere was just incomplete. Hey, they screwed up: Vinyl floors, chunks of hard plastic, poor craftsmanship and... Read More