2009 Patriot

4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Awesome

by Pitty from Bris-vegas, Australia on September 13, 2008

This vehicle is awesome..... I'm in Oz and have the LTD version but unfortunately not the freedom 2 option (not availble here) on it. I cannot fault this vehcile in any possible way other than the cup holder position in the back. They are at leg level on the back of the centre console which really only makes comfortable seating for 4 adults and a kid in the middle. Sure it doesn't eat mud and climb the wrong side of a mountain bit if that's what you want to do then buy a vehicle that does advertise this capability! I can personally vouch for the safety of the vehicle as I was hit buy another car when I was stationary at a train crossing. The other cars folded up against my patriot and I only had cosmetic damage! What can I say, if you do you your research like I did, there IS no better option in the class as all the rest have problems with them or there space negate the reason to get a SUV/crossover!

Great Vehicle for The Money

by Philbert from Minnesota on January 12, 2015

I have the 2009 with the limited trim, and overall I have been very pleased with this vehicle. I was able to get it with the 5 speed manual transmission, which I found to be much more responsive verses the CVT demo I drove. Mileage with the manual is around 30 on the highway even with the 4WD drive line. I see lots of problems reported out there with leaky sunroofs, and fortunately I do not have a sunroof so this is a non issue. The heated leather seats are very comfortable, handling is adequate, although not spectacular, but the best part is the 4WD literally goes through any snow covered roads with extreme ease. Considering the price I paid - with heated leather, 4WD, decent cargo space, and overall no issues, I can't complain one bit after 4 years of use. Great value overall.

Limited

by Luganathan from Pennsylvania on February 11, 2010

Purchased new. Very good in the snow and all weather conditions. The upgraded interior in the 09 models are nicely done. Love the sun and sound options. Leather seats look great and are very comfortable. The acceleration if fine for a 4 cyl. If you are coming from a heavy 6 cyl or v-8, the cvt transission will disappoint. If you are used to a 4 cyl it will feel fine.

Pretty Giid so far... Minus One thing

by YEE! from San Jose, CA on April 16, 2012

Great on gas, great design... the only thing was the dome light began to leak water under heavy rain. The "drain rails" in the sunroof got clogged and for $150.00 Jeep will fix it. Only terrible thing do far, I'm at 69,000 miles.. so we will see.

My Cash for Clunkers Purchase

by Otho Nogo from Houston TX on May 4, 2010

I traded my 15 year old pickup in under the "Cash for Clunkers" program. With the program rebate and a Jeep rebate I paid an even $10,000 for this new Jeep. Best deal I have ever made. I got a trade in offer the other day for more than I paid. I miss power windows but otherwise I am very pleased.

leaking sunroof

by Texas from DFW, Texas on July 19, 2015

All you have to do to fix the leak is open the sunroof and clean out the drain holes.... a really cheap and easy fix... my wife's car was leaking and that's all I did to fix the problem......................

Great Buy

by Outdoorsman from NH from New Hampshier on September 3, 2008

I've had this jeep for eight months now and I almost completely saticefied. My only negitive about this vehicle is the engine, it is a little small and the tranmission is a bit noisey. The gas milage is great so is every thing else. I am glad I bought this vehicle!

Better than the 2008

by Joe from Edinburg, TX on October 30, 2008

I've had the opportunity to own both a 2008 and now a 2009 Patriot. The 2008 leaked from the dome light and was bought back by Chrylser as a "lemon". So they gave me a 2009 Patriot. The new interior is more luxorious looking and streamlined and has added features like padded arm rests and lock/unlock button on passenger door. Other than the interior, both years drive and handle the same and the gas mileage is great. Also, the auxilary input recognizes an MP3 player so no need to press Aux button on radio. Downside, the 2008 had a washable hard plastic floor in the cargo area, while the 2009 has a carpet floor that traps dirt and stains.

Good Car for the Money

by Chinacatrider from Apalachin, NY on June 30, 2013

We have owned the car for a month. It gets good gas mileage for a Jeep, approx 28mpg hwy. It has plenty of utility space. This was a perfect car for our family. The car we purchased was stripped down... ie. manual locks and windows. However they are "endearing" as my 18 year old puts it. The car has a nice sound system and air conditioning. It is a comfortable car even with the jeep suspension. Over all I would recommend this car for a family that is looking for a reliable utility vehicle.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Family Car

by Bassam from on January 1, 2012

Bought it three years ago, has been very dependable vehicle. Good value for the money. I bought an extended warranty which proved worth it.

1 2 3