2006 Optima

2006 Kia Optima

2006 Kia Optima

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2006 Kia Optima?

My optima if my best friend

by Love my optima from Newark on Thu Feb 15 2007

I love everything about my optima. There is nothing I would change about it. I think everything under the hood was well put together.

SO FAR SO GOOD

by new KIA OPTIMA OWNER from oklahoma , oklahoma on Mon Apr 09 2007

As with any new car,you must drive and then time will tell. so far no problems and am loving the fuel economy. i bought the car after looking all day and doing alot of comparison shopping and value for the money it won my heart ....

What a Joke!

by rippedoff from buffalo,ny on Fri Dec 30 2011

This was the worst purchase ever!!! test drive was great, fit my family alright...6 months after buying check engine light is on and wont go out, i replace bulbs about every month, lights inside work when they want to,trunk has to be shut with ease in order for the light to go out on dash, just all around worse foriegn car Ive seen...when i bought this car it had 8,000 miles with a older owner...there was a recall on one of the parts that kia refused to pay for...In process of looking for something safe and AMERICAN!

piece of junk

by kia junk from Colorado on Thu Aug 11 2011

Bought a used 2006.5 a little less than a year ago. First problem was all the lights went out and had to replace lots of bulbs. Then power issues-would either surge or run sluggish. Check engine light on.Dealer tightened up the throttle control and it was better. Slow drain on the electrical system resulting n dead batteries which was traced to the stereo unit. Had to replace stereo and battery. Frequent TPS sensor on-mechanic fixed. Frequent air bag light on-mechanic fixed a few months ago and now it is on again. Check engine light on AGAIN and won't accelerate. Recalled for shift cable issue-dealer did not find a problem with it. Very unreliable. Will not buy Kia again.

About average

by Wish I had my Truck from Pittsburgh, PA on Wed Jul 18 2007

As much as I don't want to say, I should have gone for the camery of accord. This is a very sharp car but it has had problems since day one. Small things but things non the less. turn signal, brights, trunck pops when I hit a bump. But most of all it Lags and often, just not when i test drove it. But it is a good value and looks very nice, I just wish it would perform the same.

Dnt think Ill be buying a KIA again...

by N2carsSinceBirth from Augusta, GA on Fri Aug 24 2012

i have the EX V6 Trim and since I got it a year and a half ago...its been up and DOWN...had to replace 2 fuel pumps, throttle body, and now its acting funny by surging and sluggish acceleration. I honestly think I got a lemon. I would not advise anyone to buy this vehicle.

I love this car.

by Chris from Melbourne, KY on Sun Dec 31 2006

I just bought this car last night after 4 days of driving most other manufacturer's similiar body size and the Kia had more options for a much better price. The power of the engine and the handling are better than any other car I drove.

The best car i have owned

by Car Enthusiast from San Antonio, Tx on Mon Nov 13 2006

I got the base LX I4. This car has lots of power and good fuel economy and for the base model it has every option covered from power window’s and door locks to cruse control and cold AC this car is and exceptional value.

Hi mike here went to try this first time i60

by Drivenmike from Longbeach.calif on Tue Jan 28 2020

Well so far it's been good never let's me down the only trouble is at low speeds a scraping sound and the brakes shoe are not that old I did the front brakes and rotated the tires don't know what it is kia said it was trans but they were wrong had amco looked at the trans said good any one help me

love this car

by Mr CJ from Reno, NV on Mon Jul 31 2006

I bought this car on July 24, and I love it, I like the style and the comfort, I got the Deep Ocean Blue and its a nice color. It had a good price for my LX V6 with the blacked out grill and the dark headlights, traction control and the stability control, The power is awesome for a V6, can not tell about the fuel yet but so far it is much better than my Hyundai Santa Fe LX V6, My EMPG is at 22/30, What a smooth ride and quiet very quiet, and the stereo is awesome. I picked this over the Honda and the Elentra becauce of the room and comfort. I would tell my friends about this car. People are already staring at it because of the color. Once tinted all the way around they will stare even more. If your shopping try this or the EX and then buy it you won't be sorry.

Our Take on the 2006 Kia Optima

Kia’s slogan, “The Power to Surprise,” is one of many ambiguous catchphrases that automakers are using these days. In the case of the brand’s redesigned 2006.5 Optima, however, it manages to ring true. The Optima’s refined ride, strong engines and attractive interior make it an unexpectedly strong entry in the midsize-sedan segment and an enjoyable car to drive.

Exterior & Styling
The new Optima isn’t likely to draw a crowd with its appearance; to my eyes, it looks like a scaled-down Buick Lucerne. It is well-proportioned, however, and its conservative design doesn’t offend. In any case, looks don’t typically make or break a midsize sedan. (If they did... Read More