2024 Kia Sorento consumer reviews

• Exterior 4.0
Explore the 2024 Kia Sorento
Shop the 2024 Kia Sorento
2.0

Poor visibility and uncomfortable interior

I dislike this car very much and if there was a 30- day return policy, it would be back on the lot. We have over 5K miles on it and two long trips (6 & 11 hour round trips). I stand 5 foot- 10 inches tall and find that the sensors that are housed behind the rear view mirror obscure my view out of the windshield. There are some intersections where I won’t see a car stopped to my right. When the sun visor is down, it makes visibility even worse. I cannot see around a curve without ducking or trying to look around the windshield sensor. It is not safe. The three headrests in the backseat almost take away the need for a rearview mirror. I removed the center headrest so I could see out the back window. I have been driving for about 35 years and this is the first car I have owned where the speedometer is on the left and the RPM on the right. I thought I would get used to it, but I have not. The MPG gauge at the bottom of the screen is probably the most useless gauge on the car and wish I could make it go away. The door arm rest is too low and made for a very uncomfortable long drive. There is no room at the top of the door to rest your elbow because the curve on the top of the door is too steep. I plan on taking a pillow to rest my arm on for longer trips. There center console has some room below the climate controls to store belongings. It is a natural place to set your phone. I find that there are times that when I place the car in park, I can’t get my phone out because of the gear shift. I must restart the car and put it in gear to remove the phone. The seat warmers work great, but sometimes when I have cruise control on and I bring my right foot back, my knee hits the button and turns on the warmer- annoying. The back of the passenger and driver seats typically have a kangaroo pouch, but the sorento does not. Very poor that there isn’t any storage in the backseat area. I would like to have some small spot to toss coins, but there really isn’t. When I place the back seats flat, I must remove the headrest to allow the seat to be back in a comfortable position. The spare tire storage area is roomy and items like jumper cables can be stored there. Overall, the interior is uncomfortable and poorly designed. Visibility is poor and I would be surprised to learn the engineers evaluated this before going into mass production. I regret buying this car.