2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid consumer reviews

$33,590 starting MSRP
side view of 2021 Sorento Hybrid Kia
Explore the 2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid

Great car at a great $

It is exactly everything I wanted. The turbo helps with acceleration and all of the added options make for a comfortable commute everyday. The 3rd row leg room is more than expected.

I went hybrid as gas prices are increasing

So far, so good. I have owned it for a week and am getting nearly 37mpg driving city and highway which is what they advertise. I'm sure I will be happy not to visit the gas station as much. It has great get up and go if needed, smooth shifting, & ride. The only thing I don't like is it does not come in SX trim level as of now. I would have liked leather seats and cooled as well as heated seats.

Good MPG and stylish looks

I graded reliability in the middle because I've owned it for 76 days. So far, 36.3 mpg overall for 3,000 miles. Would be higher except for 600 miles in the mountains with strong crosswinds = 31.5 mpg. Onboard display says I'm getting higher MPG, so I keep track of miles driven and divide by gallons to fill. Have already received multiple compliments on its looks. Kudos for LKA (Lane Keeping Assist). At first, it is unnerving to have the steering wheel turn on it's own to keep you centered in your lane. But, I quickly learned the movement is easily overpowered if I'm pointed the way I want to go. Additional kudos for ISLA (Intelligent Speed Limit Assist), commonly called adaptive cruise control. On one of our first outings, the vehicle in front of us suddenly braked for a right turn (without using signal) and ISLA slowed us faster than I could have reacted. Another feature is red triangles in the outside mirrors that light when a vehicle passes. That should reduce the risk of side swipes as they let other drivers know they are getting close. Due to these safety features, our insurance premium is about the same as our previous vehicle - which is five years older! There are a few concerns: Scheduled maintenance is 6,000 mile intervals. Many turbocharged vehicles similarly require more frequent oil changes. There is coolant for the electric motor (Inverter) that is supposed to be changed at 36,000 mile intervals. Spark plugs at 42,000 miles. Brake fluid at 48,000 miles. Note: This is more important in hybrids due to the regenerative battery recharging. All of the above intervals are sooner than non-hybrid vehicles. Currently, there are two trim levels for Sorento Hybrids: S and EX We have the EX - I don't recall the differences. But, paddle shifters are included WITHOUT a tachometer. (Don't let your teenaged son drive it without first strongly discouraging use of the paddle shifters, which could over rev the engine.) There is no CD/DVD player option, or powered outside mirrors. Seats are heated, but not cooled/ventilated. I miss that! Steering wheel controls are not intuitive, at least for me. There are numerous ways to customize the driving experience - and I still struggle to remember how to get to specific settings. So, if I have a wreck due to distracted driving, it won't be because I'm using my cell phone ... If you live in snow country, consider a Hyundai Santa Fe hybrid. It has the same power train, but includes all wheel drive. And, some of the missing high end trim options. But you will lose some MPG.

2021 EX Hybrid Kia Sorento

Incredibly comfortable, standard 3 row seating which is extremely spacious. Absolutely loaded with safety features. It even applies the emergency brake automatically when you park at an incline. Super good looking inside & out! Amazing fuel economy too because it's a hybrid! GO KIA!!!!!!!!

100% love it!!!

100% love it!!! It fits all my needs and its really classy. And the dealership was really clean and the personal were great and helpful.