2022 Kia Soul consumer reviews

Explore the 2022 Kia Soul
Shop the 2022 Kia Soul
3.0

Beware-Kia doesn't live up to 100k miles Warranty

I almost don't want to write this review because I have always believed in Kia as a brand. But my experience with the Kia Soul that my daughter and I bought and the company's duplicity regarding the engine warranty has made me feel it is my duty to write it. The car started burning oil at a prodigious rate at 60,000 miles into its life. I'm talking about quarts and quarts overevery 500 miles. She took it to the dealer who asked her to do a controlled oil burning test. (three different times). In each case, the car failed the oil burn test, demonstrating without a doubt that there was something wrong eith the engine. However, on each ocassion, the Kia corporate office refused to address the issue. They claim that, because she doesn't have paperwork at hand for every single oil change (though she has the majority of them) , the problem is likely her fault. This is hogwash. She has been careful about changing the oil on time since she purchased the car (new). Kia has exteded the warranty on these models from 100k miled to 150k (obviously admitting that there is a problem) but what good does that do if they won't actually fix what is wrong with their engines. So beware. The 100k mile/10 year warranty sounds good but if Kia doesn't actually live up to the advertising, what good is it?

My Beautiful Boy

My first Kia Soul was bought 10/2010. Sloan green. This was one of the first Kia Souls made! I traded my Kia Soul in 7/2017 on a Kia Rio. (I definitely would not recommend Kia Rios!) Then In April 2022 I traded my Rio on a fiesta red! A beautiful spicy red car! I love Souls! They are roomy built for comfort and they have speed when I need speed! My new Soul lets me know when I am going out of my driving lane, has a built in camera to help me see behind me when I am backing up and let’s me know when a car is near me when I am changing lanes. It also lets me know when there is going to be a possible wreck. I am definitely in LOVE with KIA SOULS!!!!

3.1

Lemon

In less than a year this car has been in the shop for service 5 times! That doesn’t include scheduled maintenance. I own the GT model and it started going in for repairs at the service center just two days after I took it off the lot.

Very Happy With My Kia Soul!!

My first car was a 2017 Kia Soul, and I quickly feel in love with its speed and gas mileage. I exchanged earlier this year for the 2022 version, which I have not regreted in the slightest. I love the way this car looks and drives. It is a car that lets you take the reigns. It speeds up so quickly (without sport) and is pretty smooth. It isn't as chunky as an SUV, but provides so much space under the hatchback that it could basically rival. The engine shuts off at stop lights, but I barley notice it like I do in other cars. Its suttle and doesn't jerk the entire car, and if you slow the car gradually then the engine doesn't shut off at all. The interior design isn't as sleek as other cars for this year, but its enough for me. It's very spacious and comfy on the inside, and has all the digital requirements I wanted. I also want to note that my car was not a push to start, and the stick shift is still there (which I prefer over buttons like in newer cars). This car ticked everything off my list. My only thing is that I live in a hot state, so I opted for the orange/red version (which i love). The air conditioning takes a while to cool down after its been in the sun, but it heats up in the winter pretty quickly.

Love my KIA Soul

Great car, I love my KIA Soul. Garvey KIA and Brian Mcmenimen were the best. My car was so warm when I got in it, I didn't want to get out. Driving in the snow has been fun, it handles amazingly. I thought this car was going to be too small for me when Brian showed me it, I was amazed in how much room this car has.