2013 Sportage

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Bragging Rights . . .

by Bobby D from Utah on February 21, 2013

I purchased a 2013 Sportage EX (AWD) because the SX Turbo was nowhere to be seen at the time (they don't stay around). I loved the vehicle and was willing to settle for the 2.4 L engine (although I had driven the Optima SX Turbo and thought I could never drive a normally aspirated engine again). Then came available the black cherry beauty Sportage SX unexpectedly at my local Kia dealership. I immediately traded my EX in, with a little $$ hit sorry to say, but I have not regretted it one bit. The SX turbo is awesome and a blast to drive. The sport handling is better also than the EX. Performs excellent with inclimate weather. The bottom line is that this car rocks and has all you need, inside and out, with exhilarating performance and technology. If you can find one or wait for one, spend the little extra money for the SX turbo package. I am grateful to Kia for raising the bar for the consumer. You won't find a better all around package for the value anywhere, period."

My first Kia passes the test

by New Kia fan from Charlotte, NC on June 20, 2013

The old expression "you get what you pay for" doesn't necessarily apply to Kia. Their brand has really improved the last few years and the Sportage SX is testament to their focus on engineering, style and value. After test driving several of the EX models first, the performance of the SX turbo model is vastly different. The 280 horses are a dream to have in almost every situation and it makes the Sportage a lot more fun to drive. So far I have had no mechanical problems. As others have said, sight lines are limited due to the large body pillars, but the backup camera is a great feature. And by attaching a small blind spot mirror to both sides of the car, I have no problem seeing other drivers. My gripes are minor but one of them is the cheap feeling of the doors. They close smoothly but are very thin and light. They just feel inadequate and I hope I never have to see how they do in a crash. While MPG is acceptable, my lead foot is only eeking out about 18 MPG in the city. That's probably because I mash the accelerator frequently in order to feel the joy of the turbo. For a 4 cylinder car I expected better mileage. I'm also disappointed that black leather was the only interior option for SX. It just makes everything feel smaller and closed in. Opening the twin sun roofs helps, but I wish a tan or light gray option had been offered. I absolutely hate the horn. It makes a weak sounding 'meep' and I can barely hear it. Not that I want to be a frequent horn blower, but with the number of distracted drivers on smartphones these days, I like being able to remind people that the light turned green. If Kia had not had the SX version with it's high performance engine I probably would not have purchased a Sportage. But all in all a great little crossover SUV that should keep me happy for a few years.

best car i have ever owned

by chris of middletown ny from middletown, NY on December 10, 2013

I brought my kia sportage 13 mnths ago I use it going to work and just getting around, excellent gas mileage, love the xm radio do wish the jukebox held more songs. safety is excellent. recently was hit on an icy day, although my car was totaled all I walked away with was a simple bruised hand due to the air bag deployment. no other injuries to myself. cant wait to get another kia sportage.

'13 Kia Sportage LX AWD

by The Dude from Syracuse, NY on November 20, 2015

Bought this car with 45,000 miles on the odometer. Coming from a 2006 Volkswagen Passat, which I've been trying to get rid of for a while, couldn't be more pleased with the car and whole car buying experience. The new ground clearance is nice. AWD will help in the winter. They put brand new tires on the vehicle at the time of purchase. Has a decent amount of power for a 4 cylinder. Still have the rest of the 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty . I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. Highly suggest anyone buy this car

there is a few flaws

by sportage audio problems from new york new york on January 7, 2015

my kia sportage audio is out I had it only 2 years I called kia on hillside and they said Monday to go in for service mind you I have no audio meaning my radio my phone my rear view camera noise nothing is working,I am reading on reviews many kias are having electrical problems.

Super car

by Moochmans from Homosassa fl. on January 18, 2013

Everything about this car is great, the exterior looks are very dynamic looking, the interior feels like you're in the cockpit of a fighter jet, if you have been driving a luxury sedan that takes away the driving experience come over to a Kia Sportage.....reliability wasn't checked as I have not driven it for to long, but the warrantee with Kia is fantastic....

Very Impress and Love it!!

by New to Kia from Elk Grove, IL on November 20, 2012

I bought 2013 LX AWD from schaumburg Kia and boy this car is amazing. I've had it for 3 weeks and already drove 600 miles (cant leave it parked!!). I average 23.5 mpg highway / city and its great for AWD. The 5 year bumper to bumper warranty is amazing. No worries about repair cost for a long time. Thanks Kia... Heard rumors that car sort of drives rough on the road. To me, the car takes over the road. Hands free device and radio button all on steering wheel and that said; Kia's first priorty are customers safety. Plan on getting Optima 2013. Well done Kia!

No audio

by Maryland driver from Md on February 24, 2015

First two years, no problems. Currently have no audio and five lights out. Electrical issue? Sure sounds like it. Kia thinks it a bad radio, and that lights going out is a known problem with Kias. Not good. This is my first issue, and customer service has left me unimpressed. Been waiting 3 weeks for new radio which may or may not fix the problem

Does not recommend this car!!

So far so good.

by Slush from Wisconsin on July 3, 2013

I've only had my Sportage for a month, so I don't feel qualified to write a review. I test drove a few small SUVs and checked reviews and available vehicles on line for several months before purchasing this one. So far I really like it, it's fun to drive, has a few nice upgrades and has surprising power for a small engine. ( I had a 2003 Chevy Blazer with a 4.3) so I'm amazed that this one seems to have the same get up and go. It's definitely not a luxury ride but for the price it covers what I really need, reliable and AWD are more important to me living up here where the winters are long and the snow is deep.

My "Grown Up/Big Girl" Car

by SgMon from Minnetonka, MN on March 23, 2015

This is my "big girl" car because it is loaded! It is the Kia EX with leather, heated and cooled driver seat, cruise, satellite radio, electric adjustable seats, panoramic sun roof - everything except heated steering wheel and rain-sensing wipers! It rides like a dream, accelerates quickly when called on to do so, very comfortable and roomy; loads of storage! Love the compartmental storage under the rear compartment for keeping smaller items from just rolling around. I love this vehicle! Sitting up higher and being able to see, feeling more secure, is a good feeling!

1 2 3 4 5 6