2013 Sportage

2013 Kia Sportage

2013 Kia Sportage

4.4

Have You Driven the 2013 Kia Sportage?

Bragging Rights . . .

by Bobby D from Utah on Thu Feb 21 2013

I purchased a 2013 Sportage EX (AWD) because the SX Turbo was nowhere to be seen at the time (they don't stay around). I loved the vehicle and was willing to settle for the 2.4 L engine (although I had driven the Optima SX Turbo and thought I could never drive a normally aspirated engine again). Then came available the black cherry beauty Sportage SX unexpectedly at my local Kia dealership. I immediately traded my EX in, with a little $$ hit sorry to say, but I have not regretted it one bit. The SX turbo is awesome and a blast to drive. The sport handling is better also than the EX. Performs excellent with inclimate weather. The bottom line is that this car rocks and has all you need, inside and out, with exhilarating performance and technology. If you can find one or wait for one, spend the little extra money for the SX turbo package. I am grateful to Kia for raising the bar for the consumer. You won't find a better all around package for the value anywhere, period."

best car i have ever owned

by chris of middletown ny from middletown, NY on Tue Dec 10 2013

I brought my kia sportage 13 mnths ago I use it going to work and just getting around, excellent gas mileage, love the xm radio do wish the jukebox held more songs. safety is excellent. recently was hit on an icy day, although my car was totaled all I walked away with was a simple bruised hand due to the air bag deployment. no other injuries to myself. cant wait to get another kia sportage.

My first Kia passes the test

by New Kia fan from Charlotte, NC on Thu Jun 20 2013

The old expression "you get what you pay for" doesn't necessarily apply to Kia. Their brand has really improved the last few years and the Sportage SX is testament to their focus on engineering, style and value. After test driving several of the EX models first, the performance of the SX turbo model is vastly different. The 280 horses are a dream to have in almost every situation and it makes the Sportage a lot more fun to drive. So far I have had no mechanical problems. As others have said, sight lines are limited due to the large body pillars, but the backup camera is a great feature. And by attaching a small blind spot mirror to both sides of the car, I have no problem seeing other drivers. My gripes are minor but one of them is the cheap feeling of the doors. They close smoothly but are very thin and light. They just feel inadequate and I hope I never have to see how they do in a crash. While MPG is acceptable, my lead foot is only eeking out about 18 MPG in the city. That's probably because I mash the accelerator frequently in order to feel the joy of the turbo. For a 4 cylinder car I expected better mileage. I'm also disappointed that black leather was the only interior option for SX. It just makes everything feel smaller and closed in. Opening the twin sun roofs helps, but I wish a tan or light gray option had been offered. I absolutely hate the horn. It makes a weak sounding 'meep' and I can barely hear it. Not that I want to be a frequent horn blower, but with the number of distracted drivers on smartphones these days, I like being able to remind people that the light turned green. If Kia had not had the SX version with it's high performance engine I probably would not have purchased a Sportage. But all in all a great little crossover SUV that should keep me happy for a few years.

there is a few flaws

by sportage audio problems from new york new york on Wed Jan 07 2015

my kia sportage audio is out I had it only 2 years I called kia on hillside and they said Monday to go in for service mind you I have no audio meaning my radio my phone my rear view camera noise nothing is working,I am reading on reviews many kias are having electrical problems.

Super car

by Moochmans from Homosassa fl. on Fri Jan 18 2013

Everything about this car is great, the exterior looks are very dynamic looking, the interior feels like you're in the cockpit of a fighter jet, if you have been driving a luxury sedan that takes away the driving experience come over to a Kia Sportage.....reliability wasn't checked as I have not driven it for to long, but the warrantee with Kia is fantastic....

No audio

by Maryland driver from Md on Tue Feb 24 2015

First two years, no problems. Currently have no audio and five lights out. Electrical issue? Sure sounds like it. Kia thinks it a bad radio, and that lights going out is a known problem with Kias. Not good. This is my first issue, and customer service has left me unimpressed. Been waiting 3 weeks for new radio which may or may not fix the problem

Does not recommend this car!!

Very Impress and Love it!!

by New to Kia from Elk Grove, IL on Tue Nov 20 2012

I bought 2013 LX AWD from schaumburg Kia and boy this car is amazing. I've had it for 3 weeks and already drove 600 miles (cant leave it parked!!). I average 23.5 mpg highway / city and its great for AWD. The 5 year bumper to bumper warranty is amazing. No worries about repair cost for a long time. Thanks Kia... Heard rumors that car sort of drives rough on the road. To me, the car takes over the road. Hands free device and radio button all on steering wheel and that said; Kia's first priorty are customers safety. Plan on getting Optima 2013. Well done Kia!

Get One

by ChasL from Kansas City on Thu Mar 26 2015

Talk about the Power to Surpise I have an Optima and a Sportage. If I had to get another car It would definitely be A KIA. These things still look and drive great. I have around 90000 on by sportage and 40000 on the Optima. I have had GM Nissan Datsun Ford and Mazda vehicles. I have been a heavy equipment operator for over 30 years And I know what I'm talking about when it comes to mechanical things. The dealer has been a great partner in my ownership experience and I appreciate the good deal and regular maint support they've given me. Don't spend more for less..... Get A KIA........

So far so good.

by Slush from Wisconsin on Wed Jul 03 2013

I've only had my Sportage for a month, so I don't feel qualified to write a review. I test drove a few small SUVs and checked reviews and available vehicles on line for several months before purchasing this one. So far I really like it, it's fun to drive, has a few nice upgrades and has surprising power for a small engine. ( I had a 2003 Chevy Blazer with a 4.3) so I'm amazed that this one seems to have the same get up and go. It's definitely not a luxury ride but for the price it covers what I really need, reliable and AWD are more important to me living up here where the winters are long and the snow is deep.

Ridin' in Style

by DrummerDude from Bucks County, PA on Sun Mar 03 2013

Purchased a 2013 Sportage LX (FWD), Sand Track exterior, black interior. Opted for FWD because AWD for where I live is pointless and most people that have it rarely use it. This car is awesome!!! Forget the optional 710 watt sound system, the base sound system is great. Compared to other car makers, Kia gives you a lot for your money. The UVO voice command system is really cool. Having Bluetooth is also great to have as well. The ride & handling are responsive and the interior has a lot of space, especially with the rear seats folded down. With the rear seats up this thing has plenty of room for 5 adults and cargo. My only complaint is that the rear window is a bit small. Definitely get the backup camera. For me reliability is a bit of an unknown so I only gave it 4 stars as I've only owned it a week. It's probably worthy of 5 stars based on other reviews I've read.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2013 Kia Sportage

The 2013 Kia Sportage remains sharp inside and out, but increasing issues with the car demand attention — from Kia and shoppers alike.

Stylish and nimble, the five-seat Sportage SUV remains compelling for shoppers who drive solo, but it hasn't evolved like some of its competitors have to accommodate small families. And too many issues — a poor crash test here, a steering problem there — cause concerns. I evaluated an all-wheel-drive Sportage EX, which is a middle trim level that's higher than the base and LX and just below the SX. (The base comes only with front-wheel drive, while other trims have front- or all-wheel drive.)

For a photo gallery, click here.

Going & Stopping