2018 Stinger

2018 Kia Stinger

Have You Driven the 2018 Kia Stinger?

Too early to tell

by Digitalguru from Hendersonville, NC on Fri Feb 09 2018

I have the base 2 liter RWD in silky silver. I’ve only had it a few week and put about 150 miles on it. It is too soon to tell about reliability so I gave it an average score there. Everything else seems to tell me this will be the best car I’ve ever owned. There are a few, so far, minor gripes..... The engine stop/start feature cannot be permanently disabled. This is annoying as it still involves wear and tear on parts. You have to remember to turn it off every time you get in the car. Gas savings with such a feature is not significant. The front parking sensors are highly sensitive. Tall weeds will set them off. If you are going to put hood vents in, at least make them functional, not some cheap black plastic embellishment. I plan on painting them to match the side vent brushed silver look. As with most OEM tires, the Bridgestone Potenzas are bad. Maybe good for dry roads and better mileage but a quarter inch of snow will strand you. Plan on changing those out before next winter.

Does not recommend this car!!

Stinger checks all the boxes!

by Marchforth from Phoenix, AZ on Wed Mar 07 2018

As a young professional and car enthusiast with 2 kids and another on the way, my wants and needs had changed from the days of loving 2-doors and a big American V-8 with muscle and decibels aplenty. I knew I needed a couple more doors, a bigger trunk, and a real backseat, but was I really ready to give up owning a car that was exciting to drive? No, I wasn’t. Not even close. Apparently, execs over at Kia decided people like me shouldn’t have to make that soul-crushing choice and they created a car that circumvented the dilemma altogether. Enter the 2018 Kia Stinger GT. Kia’s Stinger instantly won me over with its 5 doors and tons of interior space. It will comfortably seat 4 adults with ample legroom. The 5th door/hatch also means I have plenty of room to haul groceries, luggage, or the kids’ soccer gear. The roof is a little low and my hair brushes the headliner sometimes (I’m 6’) but it’s a small price I’m gladly willing to pay for the styling. Speaking of styling this car looks GOOD! It turns heads everywhere I go without being flashy or gimmicky. The silhouette is sleek and powerful, aggressive yet refined. Mostly people just stare muttering things like “wow” and “that’s a good looking car.” It goes without saying the design speaks for itself and the car is just at home parked in front of a 5-Star restaurant as it is in the kids’ elementary school parking lot or soccer practice. Now speaking about performance I must say this car is just plain fun to drive (I got the RWD V-6). It is blisteringly quick off the line and makes great torque on the high end for quick passes on the highway. It may not be the fastest car on the road but it’s certainly quicker than most. Put it in sport mode and it pulls hard whether 0-60 or 60-100, all with an elegance that makes it appear effortless. That twin turbo V-6 punches well above it’s 3.3 liter weight. There are many things to love about the 2018 Stinger that I haven’t mentioned here like the driver assist technologies, safety features, premium audio, etc. Ultimately, it’s hard to find a vehicle that so nimbly straddles the line between sporty and practical. Not only does the Stinger accomplish this “best of both worlds” feat but it does so at an exceptionally competitive price point with an exceptional warranty to boot. I had my eye on the Stinger long before it hit the market and I indulged a healthy skepticism about this seemingly too good to be true offering. Now that it’s in my garage, I’m happy to put that skepticism to rest and relish every mile with a car that truly delivers on all its promises.

Unfortunately I bought a yellow one

by Valued customer from Texas on Sun Oct 07 2018

As the title states, I bought a yellow stinger and for the few months I had it i love it and could have easily given it 5 stars. Then I found out about the recall on the paint (only affected the yellow stingers). No big deal at first, Kia was going to repaint it no charge. The car was sent to a body shop and I was provided a rental car by Kia (far from comparable but only temporary so I didn’t mind). It was then that my concerns about reliability came up. With no estimate given to me on how long the car would take to be repainted, I waited patiently for three weeks. Finally I called the body shop only to find out that pieces of the doors had broken due to them being flimsy. And on going for weeks now the car’s completion has been delayed due to flimsy parts breaking. I’m honestly not sure who is completely at fault, the body shop mishandling the car or Kia using cheap parts. I suspect a combination of both. Either way a simple paint job has now turned into genuine concerns about the reliability of the car. And when I contacted Kia with the concerns, their response was ’if you aren’t happy we’ll buy the car back from you’ I sure feel like a valued customer.

Does not recommend this car!!

Awesome styling. Great value.

by Trixie from Orlando, Fl on Sat Dec 23 2017

Love this car white is definitely the way to go. Style and comfort. Very sporty looking. First ride was to Atlanta and no complaints. Great pick up and sound system.

My Kia has got all the gear except.......

by Gary in Lincolshire from Burgh le Marsh on Fri Jul 06 2018

.......the ’Sport mode’ in what is a luxury Sport GT sedan. The V6 doesn’t disappoint even though there is no manual mode. My only one criticism with the overall driving experience and yes you did just read ’only one’ is that the sport mode isn’t sporty enough. When I choose sport I expect my bones to be rattled to an inch of their life. What Kia has produced is comfort minus. That said there’s nothing much else wrong with this car. Style, luxury and practicality have all been beautifully balanced to produce a car for all occasions. I’ve yet to try launch control (my wife believing that Kia have somehow fitted ejector seats to give you that birds eye reversing parking view) and to my defence It’s not because I’m a chicken in my rear wheel drive only Stinger, it’s because I’ve only owned the car for 2k miles and the dealership said best to leave it until 1000 have been clocked up, that my excuse. 5 Little touches I love: The pop up sunroof fly catcher, the dipping side mirrors when you reverse, the fully adjustable HUD, the air cell side bolsters and the petrol filler release which is a good thing as I seam to be using it quite a lot. 5 little touches I wish I could wish away: The fake air vents (Singer you are the real deal so let’s have it all real and that include the engine note), the small amount of foot room under the seats for those lesser mortals who have to ride in the back, the numb bum given to the middle back seat passenger, the lack of retractablity in the 8inch touch screen and the cost of petrol in the UK (not quite sure if this is Kia fault). In summary a lot of people when talking about the stinger mention the number 365. Is this the amount of luxury equipment the car has or the width of the smile in inches the car puts on your face, probably both but It also say’s, if you can get over badge prestige, 365 is how many light years Kia has moved forward producing a car being a total complete package called the Stinger.

The best of both worlds

by Weareblondi from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on Thu Mar 01 2018

I was still driving my 1998 Mustang after our 2015 Juke Nismo was stolen. I finally decided it was time to stop mourning and find a new car. My decisions were down to a Mustang (style) and a Soul (practical) and then I saw the Stinger. Lots of trunk space for hauling stuff but luxury trimmings inside and a stunning exterior. This vehicle is truly the best of both worlds and I couldn't be happier. Now, if I just keep my husband from taking it to work with him.....

The value for what you get is second to none.

by DQLarry from Saxonburg,PA on Thu Feb 08 2018

Owned KIA’s before and always were reliable, and very good value. When I’m saw KIA came out with their version of a European sports car, I was impressed with reviews and overall performance.

Great touring performance sedan

by StingerIwner from Liberty Lake, WA on Wed Dec 20 2017

All the tech, performance, and styling of a sports sedan. Great value without compromise. Great drive, sports mode high performance while comfort mode great for road trips.

Well handling with performance

by Speed freak from Charlotte,NC on Fri Apr 13 2018

Rear window way too small with very large rear pillar blind spots. Info center should have been intergrated into dash or designed to be retractable. With that being said, design is outstanding, vehicle seats are very supportive and comfortable and both seats are extremely adjustable. The design Dept was ?on the money?

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Car so far, happy with my choice

by mjeanes from Stafford, VA on Wed Jan 10 2018

The car is new to the market and one of the first ones out on the street. Everyone looks and takes notice. Ride is smooth and comfortable, and layout of everything is great.