2009 Range Rover Sport

2009 Land Rover Range Rover Sport

2009 Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Have you driven the 2009 Land Rover Range Rover Sport?

Most classiest vehicle ever owned

by Fedcop from Greenbelt, Md on Sat Mar 10 2018

This vehicle I have been spying out for awhile so I decided to buy one. I purchased a 2009 RR Sport with 112,000 miles on it. I can say it has not disappointed me yet the ride is nothing short of super. The vehicle sits high so you see all of the road and the looks I get as I go down the road. I added a 5 yr. 50,000 miles extra service warranty for some insurance on the cost of maintenance/ repairs. I have had plenty of high end vehicles but this one so far is the best. This Range Rover is British luxury at its finest.

Great car

by Roverman on Sun Jun 17 2018

I heard some concern about reliability, my personal experience has been great, I did. get the extended warranty just in case. This suv runs strong, took a trip from LA to SF this suv ran flawless.

Service rides in the back seat at Land Rover.

by Tony B. from Victorville, CA on Tue Nov 10 2015

I purchased a 2009 Range Rover Sport HSE as my wife's dream car. We also purchased a 7 year 70,000 mile warranty. When the car hit the 4 year 50,000 mile mark an entire series of problems began. From rear wheel sensors, hood latch alarm module, low tire sensors, front end suspension and lastly a broken rear drive shaft. This vehicle never left the pavement. Most all dealerships in Southern California are closed on Saturdays for service as well. Used several vacation days to service this dream. I recently traded it in.

Does not recommend this car!!

Range Rover 2009 with 35K

by JVitak from Baltimore, MD on Tue Apr 03 2012

I just purchased the Range 09 with 35K factory certified up to 100K. Heard a lot of nasty stuff about the reliability and everyone told me not to do it but I've had nothing but luck so far. Just get something factory certified with the 145 point inspection 100K warranty and you'll have nothing to worry about. I don't drive it like a race car even though its quick for the most part. It handles more like a truck but I love the interior and its by far the best looking SUV on the road. Gas millage is around 14 miles per gallon. I just drive around town since i live in the city. The porsche SUV handles better/more like a sports car but the Range looks better and is more comfortable in my opinion. Go for the Range and good luck!

Attention catcher

by 7K_Islands from Las Vegas, NV on Sat Jul 18 2015

I purchased a 2009 RR Sport Supercharged although its used but I'm getting a lot of attention from family, friends and co-workers. It is not as comfortable and spacious as my 2010 Lincoln Navigator but it's more fun to drive. It has the power to put you against the seat when you floor the gas pedal and better sound system. My main complaint is getting out of driver seat, not as easy for short people and the overhead handle should have been installed by the windshield side frame to help you lift your weight getting in and out and to minimize the wear and tear on the driver's bulging side of the seat. All in all it fun to drive, attractive and able to handle rugged trips.

'09 Range Rover Sport Elation

by RR Sport Fan from Dallas, TX on Tue May 14 2013

Recently purchased the RR Sport Luxury Edition, which just happened to be in better than excellent condition. The vehicle handles like a dream. It's surprisingly more comfortable than I thought/expected, with an awesome audio system. The only negative that I can speak of is the fuel consumption, but what full-size SUV is economical when it comes to fuel economy... My wife has been beaming since I brought it home, which could be a direct result of some of the comments that she's received from her friends... :-)

Best SUV & Best Vehicle Overall I have ever Owned!

by SUV Fanatic from Hingham, MA on Sat Oct 03 2009

This is my 7th SUV I have had an Infiniti's, BMW's, Mercedes Benz, a Porsche, 2 Full Size Range Rover's and a Range Rover Sport. Out of all of these my Range Rovers have all held there value longer and stonger than the other. It is also the safest and best handling SUV I have ever owned. I always buy because I drive to many miles to lease. Even though the lease specials on Range Rovers are very good. I drive 20,000 miles a year so I always just buy. Well when it comes time to trade in I always get the most money for my Rover's than anything else. There is no other SUV that matches up to a Range Rover and now that I have owned them there is no other SUV that satisfies me besides Rover's. All of the others are either under powered and don't as well. I would recommed the Range Rover and Range Rover sport to all of my friends and family before anything else. My friends all said I am crazy and I was going to spend more money on maintenance and fixing a Range Rover because they always break down. That wasn't true at all. They get a bad wrap because in the 1990's they had issues but they have come a long way since then. I keep track of all the service and money I spend on my vehicles. I spent less money on my Rovers in service than any other SUV I have owned. I can combined the money I spent on the three rovers and it is still less than the money I spent on the Mercedes. I spent almost $10,000 on the Benz I had and about $7,500 on the Porsche. That doesn't include the schedualed maintenance i.e. oil changes, tire rotation, etc. If anyone doubts my review go drive one for yourself. There is nothing like a Range Rover.

great truck

by safety first from Westfield, NJ on Sun May 03 2009

This is the second Range Rover we purchased for our daughter. We leased the first one and now we bought this one. The truck is reliable and safe and solid. It is good on gas, much better than my BMW X5, which is smaller. I have alot of confidence in this truck and I would highly recommend it. People think I'm nuts to spend this kind of money on my child, but safety first for me. I realize that nothing is fool proof, but I want my kids surrounded by steel when they are on these roads. Great job for creating such an extraordinary truck. Thanks.

Ingredients to a pot of driving

by Lucho from Rancho Belago, CA on Tue Jan 05 2010

If you had sporty, attractive, sexy, reliable, comfortable, appealing, powerful and just beautiful to a melting pot you would get a 2010 Range Rover Sport. I love the power and also the classy look. Definately the new design sold me.

Great, Safe SUV

by Mom4Life from San Diego, CA on Sat Jan 14 2012

I wanted a safe, reliable vehicle that was sporty and attractive without the high maintenance costs of the Benz. I've been very pleased with the car. It drives smoothly, handled our rare trips to the snow very well and was low maintenance.

1 2

Our Take on the 2009 Land Rover Range Rover Sport

When I first reviewed the Range Rover Sport, I said it had a nice chassis but wouldn't blow you away with its acceleration. Since then, I've driven the 2009 Range Rover Sport with a supercharged engine, and the difference is notable.

Now, if your idea of mind-blowing acceleration is, say, a Top Fuel dragster or some other car with ferocious, scary performance, the Range Rover Sport will still come up short, but for people who aren't trying to kill themselves and just want to get where they're going very quickly, the Range Rover Sport has good real-world power.

Put another way, most folks I know don't live on drag strips, but they do have to merge and pass on the highway, and that's where this car shines... Read More