2005 GranSport

3 out of 5 stars Interior Design
3 out of 5 stars Reliability
4 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2005 Maserati GranSport?

Overall a very enjoyable experience

by Maserati Fan from San Antonio, TX on Wed Aug 20 2014

I'm going on one month now owning my 2005 Gransport and haven't regretted a single minute of it. Previously owned with 37K miles, it drives like a brand new one. Power is very good although I think I expected more low end torque along the lines of a Shelby or ZO6 Corvette despite them having an additional 100 hp. Regardless, the 400hp still is plenty sufficient to satisfy the sports car enthusiast in me. Handling is very good as well. Taking corners and turns, I feel very little drag or curb weight as would be expected. However, I have been able to fish tail the car on occasion when pushing the limits. Braking is excellent and visibility is remarkably quite good from the driver's position considering all angles including "blind" spots. Comfort is decent but I can attribute that to being an average sized male. Not sure how a taller or heavier person would fare being still a sports car despite more room than the average. Front seats hug the rider well and surprisingly the back seats are spacious even for an average sized adult. The interior unfortunately is lacking in luxury and details. Perhaps due to being an 05 vehicle, I would have expected a more quality or appealing interior but not a deal break by any means. I just scheduled my first oil change which the dealership wanted to charge $350 for. I found a private mechanic though that works only on Maseratis and Ferraris and will do it for $225. Still expensive but better. Hence, my next topic is maintenance. Here's one of the kickers for this vehicle. EXPENSIVE. Judge it by the oil change cost. Next is fuel economy. Of course dependent on how you drive, my car does seem to get about 12 mpg city/ 17 mpg highway as advertised. Top that with premium fuel costs and well it's not going to be cheap. I didn't buy this for economy though either. Best of all though is it's exclusivity. A real head turner and not very common on the roads, I relish in every compliment and gaze. You will not be disappointed. Overall, I am enjoying this vehicle very much. If you can deal with maintenance and fuel costs then it will be an extremely enjoyable experience owning and driving this beauty of a car.