2017 Quattroporte

All Reviews

TEST DRIVE REVIEW 4 out of 5 stars

Very nice car overall

by Brinsoj1 from Martinsville, IN on September 18, 2017

I really wanted to love this car, and, for the most part, I did. Here's the thing; I drove a 2017 Maserati Quattroporte S Q4 GranLusso. It was Bianco with the Nero/Grigio interior. Very striking and aggressive styling. I loved it. I love the 3.0L Ferrari F160 Twin-Turbo 404hp V6. I love that Ferrari designed and assembles the engines in their factory in Modena. I love that the blocks are cast and milled in Kokomo, IN and shipped to Ferrari. I love the growl the exhaust makes. I love the interior, for the most part. It's very nice and well put together. Seating comfort is great all around. Front and rear legroom/headroom and shoulder room are more than enough, and the controls are easy to read, use and understand. Here is what I don't like. $121,870 is the sticker price for a car that has, what I feel, way too much FCA switchgear. The 8.4 touchscreen is FCA Uconnect. There is nothing wrong with that because the system is easy to use, but it looks way too Chrysler 300, and those are $35,000. It doesn't look like it belongs in a $120K car. The starter button is also FCA. As is the light controls. Nothing was done to doctor them up or anything. And, while there is nothing wrong with them and they perform their functions very well, it just looks out of place in this car. Performance is exactly as you would expect. Very quick acceleration, fast shifts from the ZF 8HP70 8-speed, and FANTASTIC flappy paddles. They are huge, aluminum and attached to the steering column, where they belong! Ride quality is really nice in Normal mode. Switch to Sport and Sport Dampers and the ride and steering become more firm with adjustments to the shift schedule. The car is two-in-one, basically. Overall, very very nice car. Just not 100% Maserati.

Best exhaust sound car I have owned

by Humairc from Indiana on August 7, 2017

The car is amazing with awesome handling and exhaust sounds great. The car can be driven year around since it is all wheel drive.

Our Expert Review: 2017 Maserati Quattroporte