1996 Millenia

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
4 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1996 Mazda Millenia?

Most dependable car I've owned.

by Jewelbird from St. Louis on Wed May 28 2008

I purchased my '96 in '98. It came off lease and had 24,000 miles. It now has 156,000 and still handles like a new car. The steering is tight and it is a fun comfortable car. The most dependable car I have ever owned. I am now looking for another 2002 with low mileage. I have never had a car that I loved so much. I hope I can find another one. Sorry they quit making them. Minor repairs and general up-keep. Starting to use a little oil but she is an old gal.

Our Take on the 1996 Mazda Millenia

Stalin banned The Grapes of Wrath from theaters in Russia because he didn't like the fact that poor people in the movie owned cars.

Wonder what he'd think of the relatively new "near luxury" automotive segment created by the Japanese that includes the 1996 Mazda Millenia S. With the Millenia - and other mostly Japanese offerings in its class - you can have a relatively "modest" paycheck and still drive a big-shot car.

He: Oh, good. Now our readers will think you're a closet Marxist.

She: Yeah, Harpo. Just because I go to the library and actually read about automotive history doesn't make me a Marxist. You're missing the point. This is a $35,000 car with a new-tech engine that gets terrific... Read More