2007 MX-5 Miata

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Have You Driven the 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata?

"Quite Simply The Very Best"

by MX-5 Alpha from Greensboro, North Carolina on Tue Nov 27 2007

I have owned Z cars, RX-7, even an Opel GT in the early 70's.... this MX-5 outshines them all. Only the Opel GT came close to the 'smile factor' that this car exudes. I thought about the S2000, BMW Z4, and even the RX-8.... after trying them all, I found myself coming back to the MX-5 every time. Within a few short days of ownership, it was obvious that I made the right choice. I can't recall ever having an auto that I enjoy more and more every day !!! I have absolutely NO regrets, I only wish I had purchased one sooner. The world would truly be a better place if everyone had the chance drive one of these on a regular basis. If you drive this car with the top down on a sunny day.... all is right with the world.... HOW GREAT IS THAT !!!!!! My old '06 C-Class Mercedes could not compare with this auto. Buy one ! Treat yourself to a great experience. My car... '08 MX-5 Grand Touring Cloth Top (the key that stays in your pocket is a great option to consider)

have fun going to corner store

by wheels from Monterey Ca on Sat Sep 01 2012

I was looking for a sedan but just happened to notice an MX5 on the car lot. I have always dismissed these cars as being to small for my 6'00 frame to fit into. The redesign in the 2006 model year changed all that. Once I drove one I was hooked. I can drive it no problem and so can my 6'3 son. And we do not look silly. In fact just the opposite. Because of a disability I have a difficult time driving a standard. I did test drive a couple and the shifting is very tight and smooth. But had to settle for an automatic with ratchet shifting. I give up some horses and control but it is still a lot of fun. If you are willing to give up a little comfort for a lot of fun, this is the car for you.

Not my first S.C.

by beer&wings from Pittsburgh on Sat Mar 14 2015

In my young days I have driven quite a few Sport Cars, TR6, Mini, MG's and I can say this ranks right up their with the best. This might be my last hurrah being in my 60,s but while I can I'm loving it.

I just got a 2007 Miata MX 5

by Ex-biker from Indiana PA on Mon Oct 20 2014

This car is a trade-in for my motorcycle- 14 years of biking without an accident, made me seriously think of getting out while I could, unscathed. I researched this car for 3 months, and just got a 2007 soft-top with 38,000 miles on it. A beautiful car, and amazingly fun to drive. More comfortable than I thought- handles amazingly well, and the top is easy to get down. I knw the trunk was small- it turns out to be bigger than I thought. I plan on keeping this for a long, long time. It is no wonder this is the all-time 2-seat roadster best seller- no over a million units, and still going strong.

Close to a Perfect "10" for under $30,000

by Brake4me from Maryland on Thu Oct 12 2006

This is the only coupe I know of that put a smile on a driver's faces while sitting still or pushing 80 MPH. The manual shift is crisp and precise, along with a body frame that seems glued to the road. The car might be a little rev happy, but hey what do you expect from a 6 speed shift. Someone 6' to 6'2" can easily fit under the closed roof and boy what a retractable thing of beauty the roof is. Just have your friends sit back with a beer and watch them tell you again and again to take the top up and bring it back down in 12 seconds. Mazda knows what they are doing when they make sports cars and the 2007 MX-5 RHTR is going to sell like hot cakes in the coming months.

Instant gratification

by Roadster fan from Washington DC on Wed Nov 14 2012

This car should be prescribed therapy for anyone looking for fun. From the moment you turn the key the Miata will take you on a mystery tour of wonder and sheer joy. The only disappointment comes when you arrive at your destination however you will be grinning for a while longer. The ultimate joy is of course with the top down and the wind in your hair, instantly all your worries and stress are a distant memory as you get back in touch with the basics of life. Suffice it to say I will be owning this car for a very long time, after all it's a lot more than just a car, it's a way of life.

07 Miata MX5 GT

by Mike from Advance, NC on Mon Apr 23 2012

Purchased the car in early March 2012. So far have not had any problems or concerns. Mileage at purchase was 42,000. Drives and handles very well. Ride is good considering small frame and sport suspension. Economy is good at 32 mpg average. Fun to drive and looks great.

Modern day "MG" without the reliability hassle.

by Brian In SoCA from Orange County, CA on Sun Mar 18 2012

I purchased a 2007 Grand Touring convertible, used and low miles, in 2010. I purchased a new battery and new tires shortly after I purchased it. I modified (upgraded) the springs, shocks and sway bars; I believe that's how Mazda should have sold it from the factory! Driving experience and handling is much improved. 6-speed manual gearbox is excellent in terms of "feel"; but ratios are too close: I "skip" gears unless I'm in need of brisk acceleration. I shift from 1st to 3rd to 5th or 6th. Very pleased overall; I don't worry about its reliability as I did when I owned my "other" weekend car. The MIata has an excellent balance of handling and power; it's a blast to drive.

My 2007 Miata MX-5 Grand Touring

by David from Long Island, NY on Thu Feb 05 2009

Just picked up my 2007 Grand Touring, Love,Love,Love it! Drove it home & then took it for a spin on Sunday. The weather has been bad here in NY, snow & ice, Not the best conditions for my new baby. Can't wait for the weather to break. Car handles like a dream, pleantly of power with the 6 speed. Sound system is incredible. Love the advanced keyless entry, no key to use. Seat are real comfortable for a small car, it's like a cockpit. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!

Great fun car.

by Old Guy Reliving the Past from Southern California on Wed May 09 2007

Best sport car for money that I have found. Sure, you'll lose if you drag race a Porsche or BMW, but for all around fun it can't be beat, and in my opinion the styling beats the Porsche and BMW. It handles great. I put an aftermarket exhaust system on mine, from Mazda Speed,and it now sounds and looks like a true sports roadster of the 1950 & 60's era.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata

The Miata hardtop has arrived.

And if you thought the soft-top Miata was a great little car, you'll probably be thrilled with the hardtop version.

I realize that some convertible fans don't care for hard tops, believing that only a soft top truly makes a car a convertible.

For those people, the soft-top version of the Miata is still offered. But for those who want the conveniences that a hard top offers - including more security, a quieter ride with the top up, and better protection from the weather.

Our test vehicle was so quiet with the top up at highway speeds that it wasn't anything like riding in a ragtop.

Mazda completely reworked the Mx-5 Miata for 2006, with a beefier new look. The... Read More