2003 Mazda Tribute consumer reviews

$18,455–$20,155 MSRP range
side view of 2003 Tribute Mazda
Explore the 2003 Mazda Tribute

Own 2

1st one is a 2001 manual 4...just keeps going and going...still haven't replaced timing belt at 120K + miles...want to keep it going - so will soon (as a precaution?) 2nd one is a 2003 V6 auto...just bought used - very quick and stable...so far, so good...gas mileage is suspect at 17 mpg overall with a combo of street and highway. Overall, Tributes do give you an SUV with a "car feel." They are SPECTACULAR in snow, but would not attempt off-roading. I live in NJ now (after Colorado), and find it to be a nice balance of vehicle after owning (in CO) a Chevy Blazer.

most reliable car I've owned

I traide this vehicle for mecedes-benz clk 320 cupe bud i miss my tribute very much.To las day i have no problem.

Love the Mazdas

I've been loyal to the Mazda make for a couple of decades (I had a Protege for about 12 years) and was (as suspected) not disappointed in this purchase. I've been good to it (keeping up maintenance etc. on or close to schedule) and it has been good to me. I think it is quite worth what I paid for it, brand new.

Best SUV ever

I bought this car used. It had right around 100,000 miles on it. I love this car. The only problem I have with it is the trans. This is not the cars falt the person who had it before me towed a boat that was to heavy for the vehicle and damaged the trans. I put trans condtioner in it from lucus oil and had no more problems with the trans. That is a testimony to Ford and Mazda's toughness. Stil driving and loveing it. This vehicle blows away the comp for GM Honda and Toyota

I love this SUV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a new SUV owner...and I absolutly love this vehicle, it's super comfy and ride very nice! I got a great price and believe this car will last a long time! Very pleased!

4.4

Great Gas Mileage and Great Handling

This is an exceptionally good vehicle for the money. Handles well. Great gas mileage. Great in snow! Lots of room and comfortable. Only negative is no low range or hill decline feature for off roading. Going down steep grades in low gear you have to burn the brakes to keep the vehicle in control.