Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2018 AMG E 63

5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG E 63?

Best car I've ever owned

by Dr. Martin from Squamish BC on Wed Sep 26 2018

I love this car, and would buy the same thing again if i had to do it over. Having owned 28 vehicles in my lifetime, this is leaps and bounds above the rest.

Our Take on the 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG E 63

The verdict:

Beautiful to behold and a blast to drive, the perfect high-performance sports car may just be a family wagon.

Versus the competition:

In the United States, there is no competition for the E63 wagon. No station wagon sold in the U.S. can do what the E63 does. Moving to a high-performance SUV like the Mercedes-AMG GLE63, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S or Maserati Levante Trofeo is one option, but those come with higher seating positions and less adept handling. Until and unless Volvo makes a V90 Polestar or Audi imports the RS6 Avant, this is the high-performance wagon of choice.

Not too long ago, I wrote an article about how the Mercedes-Benz E400 wagon should be your next Mercedes-Benz. I extolled the virtues of its fine interior, the spacious cabin, the smooth and highly responsive turbocharged V-6 and nine-speed automatic. I said that its price tag, while lofty, was eminently reasonable for such a fine automobile, and that all these things made it the perfect model to buy if you were thinking about a new Benz. I also said that the more expensive, faster, more athletic E63 wagon really wasn't necessary because the E400 was more than enough car.

I was wrong. I was so wrong.

After spending a week in the 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S wagon, I rescind the verdict I... Read More