2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE 53 consumer reviews

Explore the 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE 53
Shop the 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE 53
2.3

Very DISSAPPOINTED with this car

My 2021 AMG GLE is the worst car i have ever owned. It has been Towed to the dealer now 3 times in less then a year. My battery has died 2 times. Mercedes told me this is very uncommon but after reading the reviews it looks like they have a MAJOR BATTERY issue. DO NOT BUY! Very EXPENSIVE and NOT RELIABLE

3.1

2021 AMG GL 53-Gorgeous & Sleek, Dud on the Street

I purchased this 2021 GLE53 and have had multiple issues with the suspension and transmission since the 1st month of ownership. It has been in the shop for software updates and adjustments but they don't provide a permanent solution. It also won't hold an alignment. It is currently in the shop again. The service mechanic drove it home to experience all the technical difficulties I was experiencing firsthand. They cannot at this point find a fix. I am at round three with the suspension and transmission problems. The thrust forward at stop signs and then lack of acceleration are software issues. It is now covered under the Lemon Law and MB is about to take this vehicle back whether they want to or not. I'm sad because I love the look of the vehicle inside and out but the $120K price tag doesn't warrant these issues. This was a long term purchase and I certainly don't want to deal with this when it is outside my extended warranty. This is my 5th MB and I never had issues on any of my others. Sometimes things happen on the assembly line but after reading others comments it appears this is becoming a common issue for this model.

3.3

Better ways to spend nearly $100K

Like others, recurring problems nearly from day one of owning the car (June 2020). It's in the shop, again, today. Not quite two years later and been in the shop numerous times. Do not buy this car.

New Mercedes Amy 53

The only complaint we have is when your slowing down to stop and the SUV goes to electric. Sometimes it is very abrupt with a chunk sound, to me its not right, I will be checking in with the dealer for answers for $90,000+ dollars Mercedes I expect better.

3.0

Beautiful car when it’s not in the shop

3,400 miles /six months and the car has been in the shop 3 times. First two where seat belt sensor malfunctions about a month apart. Now the car won’t start because the 48v battery died. They are out of stock so it may be weeks till I can get my car. Seems like MB is having this battery problem across a number of these cars. Time to go back to BMW. Sin because car is nice.

2.7

Lots of issues, 91k mistake

Its an eyecatcher and overwelming at firts but owning and driving everyday it became a big headache. Windnoise driverdoor, Windnoise Sunroof, Inetriorlightning and cluster reflex in side windows and front windshield. Airsuspension noise. You cant lock the vehicle from the outside when engine is on for example you want to leave it running and go shopping. if you want to use a carwash be careful, the vehicle neeeds to be in carwash mode in the settings, to get in and out of the vehicle, you need to change the settings every single time to the easy exit feature in the settings and wait till the vehicle lowers his suspension, 4 matic does not work at all times for examample if your drive in the rain, the 4 wheel drive will not be on, only when you take off up to 50 mph( crazy ) dangerous when its wet with those big tires 325 in the back and 285 in the front, the mercedes app on your phone will only work for things you dont need, changing settings gives me always an error message, the airsuspension is not worth the money because its not a soft ride, windshieldwipers are terrible they very soft and wobble, changing them to somethingelse good luck, Brakes omg the vehicle has the big AMG brakes in the front but not in the back ? they are soft and sponchy, you better turn all the assistens of to make the vehicle driveable, like Brakeasisst, but there different options deeper in the settings to change the sloppy brakes, i own the vehicle for 2 month and have 7000 miles on it, i trade this week for an 2018 Ford F 150 Platinum witch cost half the price and is a lot more comfortable, My Verdict, stay from as far as you can !!!!

3.7

If Toyota is reliable, this is the exact opposite

The worst reliable car I have ever driven and keep in mind this is the most expensive car I have ever owned $100k. In the shop for 1 week to fix the low voltage battery. Whoever designed this part of the car should be fired. The next time was 1 day in the shop to fix the letters "Turbo" on the outside of the car as it was falling off. Now I am getting the low voltage warning once again, this is quite embarrassing by Mercedes. Keep in mind this is a 2021 brand new GLE 53 AMG car with 1,500 miles! I will never own a Mercedes again. Will stick with Porsche and Tesla.

Fast, Fun and Classy

Plenty of leg room for 4 adults, smooth ride and very stylish. It’s fun, fast and classy. 1st Mercedes I’ve ever owned but definitely not the last!

4.1

Battery went dead at 600 miles

I love the car, the way it looks and handles, still working on the MBUX system and then one morning it didn't start, im told it s the battery that needs replaced?? too soon for a brand new $90k vehicle! Not happy

3.6

Georgeous car. Not too dependable !!

Nice vehicle but not too sure if I can rely on its performance. Yesterday it wouldn’t start. Called roadside assistance and they couldn’t fix the problem. Suddenly the alarm started going off like about 4 times and the car shook. Then I tried to start again and it started. Weird. Hope it doesn’t happen to me on the highway. Too many glitches. App doesn’t work well either.