1997 Grand Marquis

1997 Mercury Grand Marquis

$298 - $5,802  MSRP Range
1997 Mercury Grand Marquis

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis?

Great Value Overall

by Fix it if ya have to... from Philadelphia on Tue Feb 12 2008

Six months ago, I bought a 97 Grand Marquis with 42K from the original owner for $2K. It now has 49K and is above and beyond anything I could have expected. I use this vehicle 95% on the highway about 100 miles roundtrip. I have gotten as high as 26 mpg and average over 23 mpg. It has power (4.6 SOHC V8), and is smooth and quiet as anything. My wife won't ride in it as it is "old Fogey", but I could care less as it is just for my getting back and forth. It is definitely old school, but it works for me. Also, it has 3.08 rear axle and Auto/OD trans so the engine hardly turns over at 70mph.

The greatest used car I've ever had

by Morgan from on Fri Nov 21 2008

I bought a '97 with 50k miles in 2006. Outside of minor maintenance, it runs like a dream. I'm averaging Highway (Atlanta) 19-20 mpg & highway 25 at a sweet 85 mph.

I love the merc

by CAG from Wareham on Thu Aug 21 2008

The mercury was my first car. I have driven it since I received my license. My grandparents bought it and I hated it until it became mine, then I fell deep in love. I definitely recommend it for a younger driver. It is not the best on gas, but it is very safe and reliable. Its big and comfortable. I have 200 thousand miles on mine and it is still kicking. I love my mercury! When I find a new car it is definitely going to be in the Mercury family.

Cars.com Saved The Day/Found A Beauty

by Full-size 4-Door Sedan from Spartanburg, SC on Mon Dec 13 2010

Cars.com helped me find another car like the one I lost in an unavoidable accident with a deer. The deer hit my 1995 Mercury Marquis on the interstate at 65MPH and totaled it, I was not badly hurt. I inherited the car and was sad to see it go. But I went on line with cars.com and found a wonderful newer model (same color), great price, runs like a new one from a great dealership and I feel like I"m back home in it. The dealship was in Tennessee and I live in SC and he delivered the car to me unseen and it was everything he said it was and more. The Murcury Marquis cars are safe, good on gas and look good going down the road, LOL. Thanks, cars.com you saved the day. I am with very good wishes, PLH

GREAT CAR

by JIM from INDIANA on Thu Jun 07 2007

ALWAYS 25 MPG ON HIGHWAY @ 80MPH WITH AIR. NEVER LET US DOWN IN 100K MILES. HAD TO CHANGE THE INTAKE MANIFOLD AT 95K. $850 IN REPAIRS IN 100K MILES IS PRETTY GOOD. EVERYTHING ELSE IS ORIGINAL EXCEPT FRONT BRAKE PADS.

Very Very Nice Car

by MadRussian from Rockville, MD on Wed Apr 29 2009

I have had this car for about 4 years. Bought it used at 40k miles on it. Never had any problems with it, other then the handling in the rain. So much power in this car, every time I press on the gas, i hear the whizzing of the engine, and it sends a chill down my spine. LOVE IT!! The only thing it could use, and the newer Grand Marquis also, is a revamped interior. Green is not really my color. Huge, sturdy, and very reliable. Although I'm about to trade it in for an Acura TSX '06, I will greatly miss this car. Also, make it an all wheel drive please :)

I wish Lincoln Mercury Still produced this car !

by Dan the Man from Clearwater, Florida on Fri Jul 27 2018

I have owned Every Model Lincoln since 1973 until I made the mistake of Buying a Cadillac w Norstar Engine. Unlike my Lincolns it died after overheating just 1 time, aluminum heads...GM Junk !! The fit and finish was embarrassing. So I bought a used 1997 Grand Marquis...this car is remarkable.....all I do is replace Tires & brakes...if Ford still made this car they would go under...it never dies !! So IF IF IF you can find a 1997 out there...buy it and Keep it. And Lets make America Great Again !! Like this car...lol

Might be an "Old Man Car" but it's great!!!!

by Ziplocsdad from Rocklin, CA on Tue Aug 23 2011

This is the last car i'm going to buy for myself. It runs great, drives great, and is unbeliveably economical (18 city and 25 highway). You can get parts for it everywhere, and they are inexpensive. Before you buy one, make sure the intake manifold has been replaced with the improved design part, and be ready for people make fun of your old man car. Plenty of room, huge trunk, freezing A/C. Tint the windows and drive!!!!!!!

Blue Puppy

by Blue Puppy from Oceanside, Ca. on Sat Jan 22 2011

Mercury Grand Marquis is the best car i ever driven. This car is a dream car, a reliable car, a car with power. This car will not let you down it will alert your to it's needs. it will perform at it's best when fuel is low will aleast get you 15 miles to service station. Car gives me 30 miles to gallon in these tough times gas wise. Huge rear trunk regal in it's looks businesman car luxurious looks sleak design. Powerful ride this car is for Grown Folks o.k? Put new tires on it this car is a show horse. Did i mention i love the Blue Puppy?

fantastic cars

by cw from on Mon Jun 12 2017

You'll get sick of this car before you can ever wear it out. Unbelievably reliable. best car for the money anywhere !!

1 2

Our Take on the 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis

With the demise of General Motors' large, rear-wheel drive sedans, the "Grand" in Mercury's Grand Marquis name has taken on a grander meaning.

The full-sized 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis is the embodiment of a big automobile whose body is mounted on a separate frame, is powered by a V-8 engine, offers comfort, easy of ride, and luxury accommodations.

It obviously is not designed to be a piece of drag or road-racing equipment, but owners of this luxury sedan aren't interested in driving it that way.

Ford Motor Co. has the good sense to leave well enough alone for the 1998 model.

"There's not much change," said Tom Roush, head of Tom Roush Lincoln-Mercury-Mazda. "The grille and the tail lights, some... Read More