2012 i-MiEV

4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.9 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

The EV is back and with a vengeance

by Niagara EV Driver from Niagara Region, NY on August 14, 2012

I have owned this car for six weeks and have enjoyed every minute of it. There is nothing like drivng an electric car, they are so smooth, quiet and comfortable. Not having to pay for gasoline or routine maintenance is a huge reason I bought this car. Mitsubishi did an outstanding job on bringing this car to North America, we get a wider version that is safer and more comfortable and gets a great NHTSA rating of 4 stars. This car is fully equipped with all of the latest safety technology like six airbags and active stability control. I use the car for my daily commute of 45 km (27 miles) each way putting on over 100 kilometers daily and still have plenty of range left. The car is very quiet and comfortable for this type of driving, I like the interior is like the op art funky seat fabric. I don't find anything cheap or lacking in this car. It may not be as fancy as the competitors but I'm also not paying $6k more for those fancy features. I got it a great price and took advantage of government subsidies to pay for it. Along with my trade in and the amount I used to pay for gas, this car is very affordable. The amount I used to pay for service is now money I can put towards going out more often.

Love it so much I had to get 2!

by EV Zealot from Memphis, Tennessee on July 17, 2015

My first electric car was the Chevrolet Volt, which runs the first 40 miles on electric then switches over to gasoline. The Mitsubishi i-Miev was our second EV. Real world is 65-70 miles range, or 55-60 with A/C running. This car is fantastic! but unfortunately, most Americans can't wrap their head around this car, which makes it a poor seller. This car excels at what you do most with your car. Take you to work and back! Or run errands, go to the store, or haul stuff! Interior is well designed with a lot more room than you'd think from looking at the outside of the car.Easiest car to park on the planet! Everything you need, nothing you don't need. It's strange design, Electric fuel and tiny size keep it off most people's radar which is a shame! We bought ours used with low miles at a fantastic price (Which is the only way to buy this car that makes sense IMHO). Our car payment is less that we used to spend for gas for our old car. Budget wise that makes the i-Miev a "FREE" car. We love it so much we just bought another one (gently used) for our daughter, so now we have three electric cars! A Volt and two i-Mievs. Life is good and we don't like to waste time at the gas station. Beware what it's not good for: If you're looking for a road car...Forget it! It doesn't do that!

Fun to Drive Go Getter

by sandman from Montreal, Quebec, Canada on September 4, 2012

Very versatile comfortable car, on the commute, running chores, or out to dinner, you get there economically and in style. Once you are familiar with the distances you drive on your regular routes, The range limit anxiety is gone Then you get comfortable planning longer & longer trips with stops using public charging stations. Two drivers, 5000 km in 2 months, and we're loving it

I Love This Car

by Plug Me In from Los Angeles on November 19, 2012

This is a great "get around" car. I drive a 40 mile round trip commute and charge up my i-MiEV overnight from a regular house electric outlet. No gas, no oil changes and get ride. If you're looking for a great SECOND car, this is it.

This car is fun to drive

by Myev from Buffalo NY on July 9, 2015

Fun to drive and only costs less then 2 cents per mile to drive. Love this car zero to 30 time is very respectable. love to drive in stop and go traffic. Not as lice on the highway. 85 city 55 highway is what I estimate. can be charged in about 4.5 hours using a 30 amp 220 volt j1772 charger. I installed a blink hq charger works great. Easy to park and turns on a dime. I think I am the only person to own one of these in buffalo NY. This car has one of the best battery maintenance I have seen. It should translate into a longer lasting battery. Worth the buy.

A Great Car

by MIEV from San Antonio, TX on August 26, 2012

The i-MiEV is not getting the respect it deserves. It is a fine car. It is great for in town use, and the cost to operate is extemely low. Go test drive one.

An excellent electric car

by New Electric Car Driver from Saint Petersburg, FL on July 15, 2014

The Mitsubishi i-Miev is an excellent electric car! I purchased my i-Miev approximately 6 weeks ago and I am extremely happy with the car. By purchasing the car very lightly used I was able to maintain the same car payment as my previous gas car while enjoying far lower operating costs. No gas, very little maintenance! And if you do need maintenance Mitsubishi 100% stands behind its products. If you routinely drive 50 miles or less per day you should have an electric car, and the i-Miev is the best electric car for the price.

Most Affordable Electric Car on the Market

by genec from Morristown on July 28, 2017

The I-Miev allows you to get into the pure electric car market at the most affordable price in electric cars. The acceleration on the I-Miev is like nothing you have experienced in gas cars. Since there is only one gear there is no pausing during acceleration, it is pure. The rear seats fold down which gives you a tremendous amount of cargo capacity. Electric cars have many less moving parts than gas cars so maintenance is much cheaper. Drive one and you will be a believer.

So Far So Good

by thomashjr from Tucson, AZ on May 3, 2017

What is old is new again: the electric car from the dawn of the auto age is back reinvented, modernized, improved and advanced. No the i-MiEV is not perfect but for in-town urban running about, it has no equal.

Best value EV

by All EV for me from Louisville ky on May 29, 2017

Does everything a car should with no pollution. I will never buy a petro burner again. Got my 2012 new at dealer for 12.5k

1 2