2007 Mitsubishi Outlander

This car turned out to be more than I expected!

by from Richmond, Virginia on August 17, 2017

This car is very reliable. Good on gas. Does great on the highway. Roomy inside like an SUV but drives like a car when handling.

Most reliable car I have ever owned.

by from New Tampa Fl. on July 23, 2017

Perfect for day to day driving in any weather. Had same car overseas absolutely no problems even after 6 years. Comfortable, save and spacious ride.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from FL on July 15, 2017

A very reliable car. Only one minor repair. It has a V6 engine which makes it powerful and quick to accelerate. It is comfortable and has ample leg room both front and back. A third person can sit comfortably in the back. Ample cargo area too. The rear window has a defroster and wiper which are very convenient when it gets cold and rains.

The car is powerful and strong

by from Nairobi, Kenya on June 3, 2016

I bought a used Mitsubishi Outlander 2007 model in 2014 April from Japan. It is a popular car and many people in Kenya are now importing the car. The car has been performing well for the last one and half years. However, the car is now jacking as it moves slowly from start and the jacking disappears as the car gains speed. When you slow down the car also jacks. Sometimes the car comes to a stop when jacking and l have to switch off the engine and start it again for the car to move. Have also noted the review of one owner of the car in Kenya who imported the car last year experiencing the same problem. What is causing this problem in these cars?. Is it a mechanical problem with the Mitsubishi outlander 2007 moels

a reliable and powerful car

by from Nairobi kenya on February 21, 2016

l imported a used mitshubishi outlander 2007 from Japan last year. The car is spacious and powerful. Infact many people are now importing the car to Kenya because of the good performance and fair price. The has been performing well for the last one year and is still in good condition. However, it has now started jacking whenever l start to slowly drive off and the jacking disappears as the car is moving. Has anyone experienced this and what is causing the jacking as the car slowly starts to move.

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned

by from Newcastle, Washington on February 14, 2015

I bought my Outlander new in 2007 and after 8 years and 85,000 miles, I felt compelled to write a review on the value & reliability of this car. First the value, for the price this thing was packed with features. I looked at several of the competitors, mostly the highlander, RDX, and Kia but this thing was a way better value. When you add in the Bluetooth, proximity key, clamshell tailgate, AWD, 3rd row seating, you were looking well over $10K in other make/models. Also The V6 gives excellent acceleration. I blow buy other cars going up hill easily. Second the reliability was incredible, and for me why I felt compelled to write about it. Other than oil changes & tune ups and 2 interior dome light bulbs, I have never, I repeat I have never had to had one quality/reliability issue that I needed to get fixed. This is incredible considering the number of miles I have accumulated. Same battery, same belts, AC still pumps out cold air. Our other car is a Toyota Sienna and we've had nothing but quality issues, failing trim, stuck sunroof, draining batter due to electronics. Anyways, I will probably get another Mitsubishi soon, but this one still keeps going.

It's cheap for a reason!

by from Louisiana on March 26, 2014

I've owned this 07 Outlander LS for over 4 years and 50k miles. Good: Very good value for the money. You can find a good used one at a great price. No mechanical issues. Bad: Like riding in a tin box. Seats are not "all day" confortable. Hard plastics inside. Not a great SUV.

Love this Vehicle

by from Harrisburg, IL on May 30, 2012

Researched this vehicle for several weeks before purchasing. I wanted an economic SUV that was sleek and sporty looking but not overly expensive. Having owned 2 Mitsubishi's in the past, I was already a fan of the interior design and sleek look of the body. I must say I love this vehicle. The XLS model is definitley the way to go, man this thing has some get up and go. The optional rear folding 3rd row seat is great when you need that extra space and folds down when you aren't using it. Mine is black with tinted windows and the nice wheels, it is very very nice looking and I get compliments on it all the time. There are a few things that could be improved: leather interior seems kind of thin visors are cheap, mirrors need lights in them dome lights need a lower switch to be able to turn them on easier. The fuse for the charger seems to go out, this was a problem in my other mitsubishi's as well. Turn signal sound very low Lights for the radio are dim, can't read the display at certain times of day. Fog lights seem to run all the time, or I haven't figured out how to turn them off. Other than these minor things the thing runs like a dream and I love it. My dog loves it too and he sometimes refuses to get out the vehicle when we get home. No problems mechanically yet, on my 2007 XLS model bought with 67,000 miles. You won't find a more fun, sleek and affordable SUV! Gas mileage is very good!

better than , honda CR-V. toyota RAV4.

by from port arthur ,tx on August 27, 2011

i love this small suv .lot of for the money. if you want . good miles on. this suv , used chevron. cheap gasolines. used low quality ,pay less but you spent more money ...... belive me.

First-time SUV owner

by from Indianapolis on December 20, 2010

When it comes to the Outlander, I like the fact that it looked like an SUV and not like a van or a station wagon. I also like that it runs smoothly and is a comfortable ride even at high speeds or through semi-rough terrain. The only draw back I found was that the lighter components (i.e. tires, rims, spark plugs) for this automobile along with many others suv models tends to be more expensive to fix or change. That tends to be the way manufacturers are designing these days. It's lovely automobile, it just seems like they didn't maintanence in mind.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander