2015 Outlander Sport

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

4.5

Have You Driven the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?

2015 Mitsubishi, what a pleasant surprise!

by JC from Milwaukee from Milwaukee, WI on Fri Aug 12 2016

I didn't even have the Outlander on my radar while looking for a vehicle. The comfort, looks, reliability, fuel economy, but most importantly warranty blew my mind. If they are willing to stand behind their product with a 5K/6yr bumper to bumper & 10yr./100k drivetrain w/$0.00 deductible PLUS a lifetime warranty after that w/$100.00 deductible they must be proud and confident of it's performance. Unbelievable bang for the buck! Best kept secret in the country!!

2015 Outlander Sport SE 4X4

by defbrizzo from WV on Fri Jun 05 2015

Are you kidding? Buy it! We mulled around for two weeks trying to decide between the Honda CRV, Subaru XT and the Outlander Sport. The Mitsubishi had the best warranty by a long shot (not the warranty was much of a concern with Honda or Subaru). It boiled down to bang for your buck. We got a LOADED SE Outlander with the glass roof for around the starting price of the other two. We bought the Mitsubishi thinking we just got more bells and whistles but a cheapo car. Well, we were wrong. We just wrapped up a 2000 mile road trip and we were stunned. Economy: This car averaged 31 MPG over the full distance. (Keep in mind this is the 4X4) The insurance rate was lower than the other two SUVs we were considering. Comfort: I have a very bad back and that is the most comfortable I have been in a car since I drove a Lincoln. It rides, handles and stops very well. Power: Many people comment the power is lacking in this car. My wife and I feel it is just right. It is not slow by any means. 70 -80 mph with no issues through the mountains. Acceleration is actually impressive. MPG is the concern for us and this car finds that balance between power and MPG. The CVT transmission is a little weird at first but you soon get used to the shift or no shift depending on where your foot is on the accelerator. I have fun working with the transmission keeping the MPG maxed out. Design: The interior is not Lexus quality but it is as good if not better than Honda, Toyota or Subaru. We LOVE the Rockford Fosgate stereo system with the touch screen and deep bass. The illuminated glass roof is a treat at night. The exterior is aggressive and sporty. It turns heads. We had several people ask us what kind of car this was and they liked it. Value: We feel we could not have done better with any other car. The Mitsubishi dealers seem happy to have our business instead of considering it a chore to sell us a car (Honda, Subaru). We bought this car for work commuter duty. We have already decided it will be much more than that.

Great Value

by The Mitten from Grand Rapids, MI on Thu Aug 04 2016

It was time to replace my 2000 Galant, and I knew I wanted a CUV that sat up more than a car. I liked the styling of the Outlander Sport and gave it a test drive. After reviewing and test driving other similar models, I decided the Sport was the one for me. The value ( mine was only around $17K), styling, 10yr/100K warranty, and knowing the reliability our other Mitsubishi gave my family, were the main selling points for me. Now, if you haven?t ever driven a vehicle with a CVT tranny, they do take a little bit to get used to. I actually really like it, and the gas mileage is great. I am averaging around 30MPG in the city, and over 33MPG on the highway. If you have to run you?re A/C a lot, it does impact the mileage, regardless what ?experts? may say. To get that mileage, you do have to really dog it. Slower and easy work fine for my commute and driving. I bought it knowing its not race car, but with that being said, it does get up and go, if needed. The engine noise may be a little louder than some, but I only notice it when you have to really get on the gas. The interior is laid out fine. Nothing to fancy, but the amenities the Sport comes with are ahead of other vehicles There is plenty of room in both the front and back seat, but exiting the rear seats can be a little awkward for large people. Its fun to drive and is very nimble in tight quarters. My biggest issue with the Sport are the tires. The OEM tires on the Sport are the worst snow tire in the world. No traction or grip for a Michigan Winter. Those will be replaced for the winter months this year for sure. The Sport is a different breed, but that?s what makes it so unique. I?m very happy so far with my Outlander Sport.

Diamond in the rough

by Andy from New Jersey on Sat May 07 2016

First, let me state the obvious: because Mitsubishi does not spend the amount of money Honda or Toyota do, their vehicles are highly underrated. Before purchasing my 2016 Outlander Sport SEL 2.4 AWD, I had Lancer Sportback 2.4 GTS. Loved it. Yes, it was pretty noisy and original tires sucked big time, but value for the money-GREAT!. In 5 years I had Lancer, the only money spent was on routine maintenance. Now, my new Outback Sport is much quieter, has about the same peppiness, features AND 4WD for almost same price. AWESOME! What gets me, how paid reviewers compare it to CR-V, RAV4 or MX-5. They compare 2.0L engine to 2.4L for noise and acceleration, but same size for fuel economy. Did they actually sat in the back of CX-5?? Did they really like plastic of RAV4?? Does CR-V's interior really that much more exiting?? My answer is a big 'NO'. PS. For those, who like to compare cars, just look at Lincoln MXC next to Outback Sport. You will laugh all the way to Mitsubishi dealership...

Nice little cuv

by Very pleased from Silver Springs, Fl on Mon Jul 04 2016

I just purchased a 2015 Outlander Sport. It was a demonstrator model, so I got a good deal. I needed something that was easier on gas than what I traded in! I went from a 2012 Ram 2500 HD crew cab, 8 ft bed, to this car. I will miss the room I had in the truck, but I didn't need the truck anymore. I picked this particular vehicle, because of the fact that I have had several Mitsubishi cars over the years and they were very reliable. My Outlander is black/black, with the 18" rims. It has the 2.0l with the cvt. My only complaint with the drivetrain, is that the cvt is jerky. I am very pleased with the fuel mileage. I bought the car on Friday, drove it home and was getting 31 mgh on the highway, compared to 14 mph on the way to the dealer with my Ram! Another thing I like about the car is that it sets up higher, even though it is not awd. That makes it nice, especially because I live in Florida, and we have some rough sandy roads. I don't bottom out and scrap the exhaust. It is so easy and fun to drive, easy to park and maneuver, and looks great doing it. The ride is exceptional with this size of car. The interior is roomy, the seats are comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a cuv. I am very pleased and satisfied with my purchase, and will probably buy another one. I am 45 now, so this car should last me till I retire!

great vehicle

by satisfied from manlus ny on Wed May 18 2016

bought my outlander sport 4 months ago. I just luv it. you get so much for not really a lot of money. nice looking vehicle with very good gas milege. very comfortable. I have had people come up to me an ask me what kind of vehicle it cause they say that they like it very much. mine is blk/blk, real sharpe looking.. I think it is very underated. its fun to drive.

Fourth Mitsubishi for Me!

by Sporty Mom from Andrews, SC on Thu Feb 04 2016

What can I say, I am sold on Mitsubishi! I drove a Montero Sport for years and it was in great shape when I sold it. My son is now on his second Eclipse. His first one has 190,000 miles on it, and my husband still drives it! This is MY NEW SUV and I love it! I love to open the panoramic roof and crank up the radio. I might be over 40, but I don't feel like it in my new ride. Mitsubishi is very underrated in my opinion. Take it for a spin, you will be glad you did!

Happy car owner

by Nurse Car from Hempstead, New York on Wed Sep 03 2014

A car that has all the simple, driver friendly features. Drives smoothly, no fuss interior and exterior looks sporty elegant. Audio system is superb. Reliabity will be updated in few months

Nice Car for the Price

by Robvn29 from Braidwood, IL on Tue May 31 2016

I bought this car a month ago. Love the ride. Love the features I got with the car heated seats, keyless entry and start, and backup camera. Only concern is that the back seat and cargo area are rather small. I don't usually have many passengers, so that isn't too concerning, but will have to get used to the reduced cargo area. If you drive a lot of people, I would definitely get the regular Outlander.

Love my 2015 Outlander Sport

by Nikki from PA on Thu Aug 20 2015

I got my 2015 white pearl Outlander Sport ES 4x4 with the 2.4 liter engine 2 months ago and absolutely love it. The ride is smooth and the pick up is perfect for my needs. The 2.4 liter is a must. Very comfortable seats with plenty of leg room. The exterior is great and sporty especially with the shark grill and 18 inch wheels. Plenty of room in the back for groceries, luggage and with the back seats down, I can fit some larger items as well. This is my second Mitsubishi with the first being a Lancer which I really liked, but this I really love. I recommend it highly. A lot of bang for your buck and a great warranty - what is there not to like.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9