2016 Outlander Sport

2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

4.5

Have You Driven the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?

Outlander Sport SEL

by LMGRx from Wantagh N.Y. on Thu Sep 01 2016

I have been driving Mitsubishi vehicles for 20 years and have never had any serious problems. The great noise reduction improvement in the 2016 Outlander sport is absolutely fantastic.It's like driving in a vacuum!! The styling is great as is the performance and sound system. Would I recommend ANY Mitsubishi,, without a hesitation. They are definitely a sleeping secret company. The service at Mitsubishi is the best I have ever used. Friendly,honest and NOT pushy. Service is fast and done right the first time.

Japanese SUV Actually Made in Japan

by Mike from Dallas, TX on Fri Apr 20 2018

The Outlander Sport is the best vehicle I've owned. This is the highest quality, most dependable, and most affordable small SUV anywhere. It feels like the traditional gold standard Japanese made vehicle. Affordable made in Japan SUVs are getting harder to find, so it's great to be able to drive this.

Top pick in my mind

by Dave from Liberty lake, wa on Mon Mar 20 2017

I spent two months researching and looking at all SUV's. We just got back from 4000 mile trip to California. Our 2016 outlander has the cvt tranny and 4 cylinder. Averaged between 30 and 35 mpg. The quietest interior of them all. Steel timing chain in motor. No belt to replace. Super easy to change oil and filter. 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. And cost twenty grand plus tax and license. Plus the wife and I and two small dogs can sleep in it. Don't need four wheel drive model, drove through snow all winter. Had a heated seat installed for $250, now it's perfect.

Sometimes Less is More

by Eastsider forever from St. Paul, MN on Wed May 09 2018

I bought the standard trans mission model (only comes with front wheel drive) 2016 used. Dealer offered me all of the advantages of a new car buy for thousands of dollars less than a new car. I received the bumper to bumper lifetime warranty for almost nothing compared what it would cost me to actually to pay for repairs myself (I keep my cars at least 20 years) so this is a serious value to me. They also gave me a lifetime warranty on the drive train FREE. I was looking at the same vehicle at another car dealer - Not Mitsubishi - and I am so glad I did not buy from them. I would have missed out on all these perks. I bought the most cut down model available because I don't spend a lot of time in the car and just don't need all the bells and whistles (more things that require fixing) also less attractive to thieves (like manual transmission). I do require a car that does not have lots of road noise or engine noise and this car is very quiet. On bumpy roads the cars ride I would rate as good. I did not get lots of electronics but so far they are all adequate for my needs. Controls for heating and cooling are within easy reach, onboard computer console is easy to understand and operate (not while driving). The computer also has voice control, very handy while driving. Lots of room for cargo when the back seats are folded down, more than adequate for my needs. Interior cloth material seems very strong, durable, and soil resistant. I have fitted mats on the floor installed when I purchased the vehicle. Roomy back seats. Room for 3 thin people. the seats are very firm and sound. Airbags everywhere - even for my knees, Nice. I even got a real key for the ignition. The car was a great buy for the money, overall comfortable and well made, should last for 20 years or so.

Thumbs up for price & features

by As Good as it Gets from Smithtown, NY on Sun Aug 27 2017

Having owned a number of SUVs during the past 17+ years, the 2016 Outlander Sport SEL is as good as it gets. It has a great price, warranty, good features and crash-worthiness. Based on my experience (almost 1 year), if you want a reliable SUV that has 2WD, automatic 4WD, and locked 4WD capability, then this SUV should be considered. BTW, the other SUVs I have owned were (1) Ford Escape, (3) RAVs, and (2) Subarus. If you're in the market for a new SUV, I believe Mitsubishi is worth a look.

More than I expected!!

by Mr. Nick from Gainesville, Fl on Tue Feb 28 2017

Had a 2015 sport with a five speed manual trans. Got tired of shifting so I traded at Gainesville Mitsubishi with Willet the salesman. He was topnotch no hassel and very knowlegable. My 2016 outlander sport is awesome and so very quiet. Shifts smoothly. Five stars for willet and Gainesville Mitsubishi.

Greatly Surprised!

by FrancyFrill from Northern Utah on Sat Feb 18 2017

I just drove my new little SEL puddle jumper the 170 miles home from the dealer, through the sometimes rain almost snow, canyon. I decided it was time to put my 11 yr old Suzuki Grand Vitara 'out to pasture' (only because I was tired of it) but actually sold it to a young relative who needed a really reliable car that will go another 150k miles in Utah. I had previously had 'shift-on-the-fly-4WD' which I loved, but the newer Suzuki's just had AWD (then switched back later with the SX4's). I had researched these Outlanders and drove the first ones they built way back when and was not too impressed. Today is a totally different story. OMGosh. First, I always drive a 5 speed because of the mountains and automatics have always been lacking. Today I bought a CVT automatic and could not believe the response, I know they had a recall to tweak some of the older ones but mine is great. I was used to having a 6 cyl, then my son-in-law said, that is a 4 cyl. I said What? It has a lot of get up and go, with no hesitation (if there was I would be out the door) it went up the canyon in the rain, I wondered if I should switch to 4WD and 'Pop' a snowflake appeared on my dash computer, so I switched to 4WD. LOL. The best thing I will enjoy is the ability to switch between 2WD and 4WD because AWD eats up the tires and this is easily 5 times more quiet than I am used to. It is a tad smaller than my other one and there aren't as many cubbies but it has a lot of new stuff to make things more convenient. I can't believe people are saying it is noisy...Not! And the interior dash is fine and very functional, I drove all that way, in the dark, with very little knowledge of the car and did very well, but the readouts are smaller than I am used to. I am hoping to put this one out to pasture in 20 years or so or when my kids take my license away. So far so good, I loved it and actually turned the radio on because I felt safe enough in it that I didn't have to 'listen' for any weird highway noises. Plus, I got a deal of a lifetime with a multitude of rebates. Yay!

Nice Outlander

by David Go Dawgs!!! from Alto on Mon Jul 16 2018

My wife really loves the vehicle that we bought it fits her needs perfectly. The vehicle is what she wanted and is happy thus far with it.

Good and Bad

by Dan the Car Man from nicholasville,ky on Sun Jul 09 2017

This car has a very good price tag for its class but also lacks some of the quality of the others. The motor has plenty of pep for a four cylinder but the cvt transmission is a disaster . It lags at times and seems to jitter in city traffic. The dash is about average with no thrills to brag on. The ride is pretty smooth but the cvt and motor is pretty loud for a small engine. The exterior of the vehicle looks pretty sharp with the eighteen inch wheels. The warranty is what made me buy this vehicle pretty much being the best in the industry. I would recommend this vehicle to a person that is on a budget and needs a great warranty to keep costs of repairs not a problem on down the rode.

Love my Outlander Sport 2016

by MrsTaylor415 from Reno, NV on Mon Mar 06 2017

Excellent car for the money I didn't go for a lot of the upgrades and Gidget's gadgets I still love it. Drives exceptionally well in bad weather and I love the option of 2 Wheel Dr. and four-wheel auto or four wheel drive lock with just the push of a button.

1 2 3 4 5