2016 Outlander Sport

2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Have You Driven the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?

Outlander Sport SEL

by LMGRx from Wantagh N.Y. on Thu Sep 01 2016

I have been driving Mitsubishi vehicles for 20 years and have never had any serious problems. The great noise reduction improvement in the 2016 Outlander sport is absolutely fantastic.It's like driving in a vacuum!! The styling is great as is the performance and sound system. Would I recommend ANY Mitsubishi,, without a hesitation. They are definitely a sleeping secret company. The service at Mitsubishi is the best I have ever used. Friendly,honest and NOT pushy. Service is fast and done right the first time.

Japanese SUV Actually Made in Japan

by Mike from Dallas, TX on Fri Apr 20 2018

The Outlander Sport is the best vehicle I've owned. This is the highest quality, most dependable, and most affordable small SUV anywhere. It feels like the traditional gold standard Japanese made vehicle. Affordable made in Japan SUVs are getting harder to find, so it's great to be able to drive this.

Top pick in my mind

by Dave from Liberty lake, wa on Mon Mar 20 2017

I spent two months researching and looking at all SUV's. We just got back from 4000 mile trip to California. Our 2016 outlander has the cvt tranny and 4 cylinder. Averaged between 30 and 35 mpg. The quietest interior of them all. Steel timing chain in motor. No belt to replace. Super easy to change oil and filter. 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. And cost twenty grand plus tax and license. Plus the wife and I and two small dogs can sleep in it. Don't need four wheel drive model, drove through snow all winter. Had a heated seat installed for $250, now it's perfect.

Greatly Surprised!

by FrancyFrill from Northern Utah on Sat Feb 18 2017

I just drove my new little SEL puddle jumper the 170 miles home from the dealer, through the sometimes rain almost snow, canyon. I decided it was time to put my 11 yr old Suzuki Grand Vitara 'out to pasture' (only because I was tired of it) but actually sold it to a young relative who needed a really reliable car that will go another 150k miles in Utah. I had previously had 'shift-on-the-fly-4WD' which I loved, but the newer Suzuki's just had AWD (then switched back later with the SX4's). I had researched these Outlanders and drove the first ones they built way back when and was not too impressed. Today is a totally different story. OMGosh. First, I always drive a 5 speed because of the mountains and automatics have always been lacking. Today I bought a CVT automatic and could not believe the response, I know they had a recall to tweak some of the older ones but mine is great. I was used to having a 6 cyl, then my son-in-law said, that is a 4 cyl. I said What? It has a lot of get up and go, with no hesitation (if there was I would be out the door) it went up the canyon in the rain, I wondered if I should switch to 4WD and 'Pop' a snowflake appeared on my dash computer, so I switched to 4WD. LOL. The best thing I will enjoy is the ability to switch between 2WD and 4WD because AWD eats up the tires and this is easily 5 times more quiet than I am used to. It is a tad smaller than my other one and there aren't as many cubbies but it has a lot of new stuff to make things more convenient. I can't believe people are saying it is noisy...Not! And the interior dash is fine and very functional, I drove all that way, in the dark, with very little knowledge of the car and did very well, but the readouts are smaller than I am used to. I am hoping to put this one out to pasture in 20 years or so or when my kids take my license away. So far so good, I loved it and actually turned the radio on because I felt safe enough in it that I didn't have to 'listen' for any weird highway noises. Plus, I got a deal of a lifetime with a multitude of rebates. Yay!

Nice Outlander

by David Go Dawgs!!! from Alto on Mon Jul 16 2018

My wife really loves the vehicle that we bought it fits her needs perfectly. The vehicle is what she wanted and is happy thus far with it.

More than I expected!!

by Mr. Nick from Gainesville, Fl on Tue Feb 28 2017

Had a 2015 sport with a five speed manual trans. Got tired of shifting so I traded at Gainesville Mitsubishi with Willet the salesman. He was topnotch no hassel and very knowlegable. My 2016 outlander sport is awesome and so very quiet. Shifts smoothly. Five stars for willet and Gainesville Mitsubishi.

A Hidden Gem

by Rob from Pa on Wed Aug 31 2016

This 2016 Outlander sport SE 2.4 AWD is the best kept secret. As others have said it is underrated for sure, it is quiet, good MPG, CVT transmission is far better than the DCT (duel clutch transmission) many makers are putting in their models. So called expert reviews are really lopsided on this vehicle, Before you buy one of the EXPERT best rated models, go with the consumer ratings and give this hidden gem a try, I did and I am more than satisfied I made the right choice.

it's so far so good

by loveit2016 from n.y. on Tue Jan 03 2017

bought my 2016 2.4 litre in june,2016.Had a great summer with it,decent amount of power on hills,good gas mileage,pretty comfy interior.Interior space a little lacking for riders and luggage.only complaint in winter,on slushy roads,slush gets in wheel and makes car "shimmy" bad.It's ok when slush melts or freezes.Quiet ride,like handling and 4wd.Satisfied so far.

great car

by nice from wantagh on Mon Aug 01 2016

great car very dependable very comfortable love series radio love the black interior very roomy great on gas

Rental car

by KJ from Prescott Valley, AZ on Fri Oct 28 2016

This review is based on a rental for 9 days. This was a base model, which came with the smaller engine, no backup camera, and cloth seats. Overall this was a decent SUV, had really good gas mileage, solid and comfortable ride. Visibility was good looking forward but bad backing up. The CVT was quiet and adequate with the 4cylinder engine.

1 2 3 4