2014 Altima

2014 Nissan Altima

2014 Nissan Altima

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Nissan Altima?

Great highway vehicle

by Bj4528 from Raleigh, NC on Tue Mar 18 2014

I purchased this car three weeks ago and now literally been driving at almost 1000 miles. Gas mileage was the reason I bought the car besides heard great things about Nissan so figure would have a dependable car. Its worth everything from resale value to better quality on lots of things. Downsized to 2.5 SV includes bit more options got came with leather seats in the zero gravity position they knew what they were talking about when giving so much comfort even has available heated seats, Navigation system, Nissan connect system, vehicle information display, blind spot warning, Bluetooth and more. The Altima is very quiet, it handles the best with great performance and ride is pretty solid. Has more room space from interior to trunk which is bigger love the intelligent key position and buttons on front outside doors while tapping the button without taking key out of pocket. I love my car from everything being more standard with nice options, safety ratings and great gas mileage is 38 per gallon as window sticker said absolutely right on being a roadrunner.

So happy with our purchase

by Nissan Lover Now from Muskego, WI on Mon Mar 10 2014

We considered Nissan like most of the makes available in the Milwaukee area. Eventually we were under a time constraint as we wanted a new car to use for a trip to Florida. We settled on the Altima S based upon my review stars given (all 5's). We never owned a Nissan prior to this purchase. We just got back from a 4000 mile trip lasting 3 weeks. The car performed exceptionally. We averaged 34 mpg. The "gravity seats" were not just some fancy name for an adjustable seats, but really added comfort to a long trip. We exited the car after driving 8 hours with no backaches. We love the car.

Gets er done

by tdiddy from Southwest VA on Mon Feb 22 2016

Got 2014 altima model SV, 19000 mi used. In the past I had AWD SUV then a 6cyl sedan. This car performs well, I got this mostly because I am tall and 4cyl gas mileage as I now commute all over southwest Virginia and it does look sharp! I had to get tire chains due to weather, but you can get them for under 100$ (get the good low profile ones). Love it so far, speedy pick up and great gas mileage and it is roomy! I have no problems and have gotten nothing but compliments on it! Would definitely go this route again!

2014 Altima SV

by First time car buyer from Texas on Fri Apr 18 2014

Have had this car only 3 weeks now but so far I love it... Very comfortable, love all of the displays on dash, gas milage is great for a car this size , trunk is huge larger than my moms SUV space. I am very pleased with this vehicle and all of the amenities for the price great value

2014 Altima 2.5 S They just keep getting Better !

by ImportJockey from New England-Snowbirds on Sun Oct 16 2016

We purchased a CPO 2014 Altima 2.5 S a little over a year ago. We had a Nissan Maxima in the mid-1990's that we purchased as a dealer's demo, then we went back & forth between Honda & Toyota until 2015. We trade our sedan every 5-yrs, and never buy a model in its 1st year of production, just to avoid any bugs. We have been buying 2nd year of production cars that are 1-yr old & CPO, such is the case with our 2014 Altima 2.5 S. It's a great sedan that's very comfortable, and we avg 40+mpg on road trips, and get mid-30's around town. The cvt transmission is unique and plays a big role in helping us get our great mpg. There is a sport mode that allows you to get more performance out of the 2.5L 4-cyl, but it also hurts the mpg's, yet makes the cvt act more like a 6-spd rather than a cvt. The S-trim is all one really needs, but higher trim levels provide more features & upgraded technology options & std equipment. We have had several Honda Accord's, most being EX or EXL, & or next car will be a 2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV or SL, for Nissan has exceeded Honda with the 2013-18 Accord vs Altima hands down. The Altima 2.5 SV is similarly equipped to the Accord EX, just as the Altima SL= Accord EXL. For 2016 each company did its mid-cycle refresh, plus Nissan added the SR trim level on the Altima to better compete head-to-head with the Camry SE & Accord Sport. If I were to buy our Altima all over again I would have purchased the SV trim level with the convenience pkg(power moonroof, exterior mirrors with built-in turn signals and so on), unfortunately we had sold our Accord to a couple who were w/o transportation so we didn't have as much time to shop/wait for our preferred dealer to get a 1-yr old low mileage(<10Kmi) CPO qualifying unabused, accident & ding free Altima in our preferred color combo. We could have gotten the SL trim but it was in a 2013 & the 2014 model year Altima's were made with additional sound insulation that the 2013 did not have, so once again we stuck to our rule of not buying car's in their 1st year of production, and it would have thrown off our 5-yr trade rule too. You see, the family sedans we have bought in the past from Honda, Toyota & Nissan all use a 5-yr body-style and Honda & Nissan are on the same cycle, years ending in 3 or 8 denote the start of a new body style since the 2003 Honda Accord or earlier, but since 2008 as I have followed, the Accord & Altima have been on the same 5-yr cycle & same mid-cycle refresh cycle as well.

Ended up in a rental

by Random Anonymous Blackmail from Rochester, MN on Sun Jul 06 2014

Ended up having to rent this vehicle due to an unexpected vehicle repair. Anyway. The styling is decent although I am not really fond of how far the taillight lenses go up the rear quarter panel but all in all it is a sharp design compared to others in its class. We had the Altima S.... pretty much bone stock and stripped, I priced it out on Cars.com at just under 22K. It had power windows, locks, mirrors, traction control, A/C and cruise so it I was not driving a tin box with crates as seats because it had all the expected creature comforts, I guess the only thing it was really missing from the high end Altima was power sunroof, leather and the 6 cylinder engine. The thing that really blew me away was the fuel efficiency. With 2 adults, 2 kids and literally a trunk full of items we averaged 35 MPG with the A/C on and doing 80 MPH. Granted were were in a flatter part of the country so hills were smaller so the vehicle was allowed to just do its thing without a lot of extra work. The interior was plastic abundant, granted we had a pretty much base model so that is to be expected but there is a good amount of space and things are well laid out. from the drivers chair. I also sat in the back seat to check out the leg room, no I could not stretch out a great deal but I was not uncomfortable. It is very good space. The steering wheel controls are responsive but are not instantly intuitive because I could not find a way to reset the fuel efficiency without changing the radio channel to verify that i was in fact getting 35 MPG instead of the just assuming that the person who rented this car before me drove down a 290 mile hill. The only real concern I had was the location of the on/off button to the over drive, if you reach down to scratch your thigh you may inadvertently hit the button on the side of the gear selector. The engine has decent power, but I found myself sometimes expecting more than I got. It is capable and I guess more time with the car would allow me figure out more how to get what I want from it. In all, if your price range is 22K this is a great vehicle, add more for the more luxurious options but the bones of it are very good and worth the time to look at.

I LOVE MY NEW ALTIMA!

by Cookie from Palmdale, CA on Thu May 01 2014

This car is awesome! A great price for its class. The zero gravity seats are amazing! I have not had any sciatic pain since I started driving it two months ago. The interior design is flawless (to me), roomy, huge trunk, electric seat adjustment, the audio (rear view camera, XM radio, Bluetooth,etc) and sports packages (rims and spoiler) are awesome! It is voice command at the touch of a button on the steering wheel, reading text messages quite accurately, making calls, and lots of other features. It also gives you stats on tire pressure, warnings, average MPG speeds, distance, and time, incoming call and station display on a small screen placed near the odometer and speedometer behind the steering wheel. There is more but I have not figured it out yet. The key less start is very convenient, and so are the lock buttons on the outside on the door handle, also it does not allow you to lock the keys in the car by beeping at you in a "warning" tone and not locking the car. I am getting 32-36 MPG, majority high way driving, and some city driving. Idling at stop lights and low speeds do not seem to affect the MPG much at all. Its fast too! For a four cylinder this thing has pick up and drives smooth. Great disc brake system, and the body style is sexy and sleek. Safety features- The car will not unlock, nor will the button work if you are not close to the vehicle to prevent creeps climbing in to your back seat, or someone coming up and pushing the button on the door when u r just far enough away and can not see them, in order for the door button to work you must be standing within about 5-8 ft of the car. It has a separate key built into the hand piece to lock valuables in the trunk or glove box when giving your keys to valet, or in the instance it is stolen. The car is designed to push the engine underneath the cab in the case of an accident instead of into the cab, also collapsing the trunk upon severe impact when the car recoils to push through the trunk not allowing it to add to the weight of the impact, further protecting passengers within the cab. Great air bag system. Watch the videos on Youtube, especially in Slow motion! Don't forget to ask your dealers for/about GAP Insurance, and extended warranties that come with nationwide Roadside assistance. Do your homework guys! I test drove and haggled with over 25 different cars and 10 rentals, this one is officially the best luxury sedan for the price. **The CVT transmission is very similar to a manual transmission, I highly recommend setting your e-brake when parking to prevent wear on the transmission, especially on any form of an incline. Happy car hunting!

LOVE IT!

by Robin Reid from Los Angeles, California on Fri Apr 04 2014

I like this car so much I bought 2. A black SV for my wife and a silver SV for myself. What more could I say?

Transmission Recall 2014

by Ace from Gladys, Va on Thu Dec 01 2016

This is hands down the worst vehicle I have ever purchased in my life. he transmission went out and Nissan will not replace it. It is a 2014 Nissan Altima. I am just outside the warranty. They have extended the warranty on all Nissan's from 2003 to 2011 because the CVT transmissions are pieces of junk. Do not but this vehicle, do your research. Ace of Gladys, Virginia

Does not recommend this car!!

Transmission

by Tish from I am a nurse car purchased August 2014 on Sat Apr 16 2016

I bought this car brand new 2014 and I have had nothing but trouble. The car shutters and shuts off upon stopping. It cut completely off at the light. I barely made it to the dealer buyer beware. Less than two years ownership and the transmission is gone. I have read on other sites there are many other consumers with the same problem.

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 2014 Nissan Altima

Editor’s note: This review was written in June 2012 about the 2013 Nissan Altima. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

With the 2013 Altima’s redesign, Nissan stays true to the car’s sporty identity and adds to its appeal with impressive EPA-estimated gas mileage and available high-tech features.

I spent a day driving the Altima near Nissan’s U.S. headquarters in Franklin, Tenn. The 2013 Altima starts at $22,280 (including a $780 destination charge). I tested both the midlevel 2.5 SV four-cylinder sedan, which starts at $24,880, and the V-6-powered... Read More