2014 Altima

2014 Nissan Altima

2014 Nissan Altima

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Nissan Altima?

love my altima

by bobbie from delray beacfh, florida on Mon May 19 2014

bought the car at auto nation. lloyd price was an excellet salesman. very informed very helpful the car is very comfortable and is fully loaded.

Love it

by Denise from Boston, MA on Mon Jun 09 2014

This a a comfortable car with great gas mileage. Sharp looking on the outside and the interior is great!

Sonata to Altima

by jmb from NY on Fri Jun 06 2014

Went from Sonata Limited to Altima SL. The Altima SL has all the bells and whistles, rides smoothly and quietly, has a nicely designed interior, sharp exterior styling and provides really good gas mileage. The straight 4 cyc engine is fairly quiet and provides adequate power for everyday driving needs. To be sure...this is a nice car. Historically, Nissan has always been one of the top rated cars, hopefully my new 2014 Altima SL will maintain that tradition.

2014 Altima poor mpg

by SheDevil from TriCities nt on Sun Mar 16 2014

Bought the car on Halloween. Now have around 6,000 miles on it. Have three trip on it that were several hundred miles, and several trips that were 100 miles each. Absolutely love the car. Extremely comfortable ride. No stiffness after getting out even after 6 or more hours nonstop drive. BUT extremely disappointed in hwy mpg. City mpg is 26-27 consistently. But the best hwy we have gotten even using cruise control on flat interstate and tach mostly below 2,000 rpm, was 32. That is pretty bad for sticker estimated 38, which is one big reason why we bought this car over the competition. The only thing dealership could tell me is that 38 is "an estimate only". I could understand if I were only 2-3 short, but at times, I am nearly double digits below the 38, and every single new car I have owned for the past 35+ years (at least 6), I have always, always gotten at least the sticker estimate mpg, and usually higher. Have been on forums and see no one else having the same issue, so given that and my personal history makes me still think something specific about my car despite dealership saying it is performing as it should. So bottom line, other than the poor hwy mpg, I have no complaints. LOVE the car otherwise.

Best car we have ever owned yet

by Joe from El Paso, Texas on Wed Apr 01 2015

We have owned our 2014 Altima S for almost a year now and have 11,000 miles on it. To this date we have had no real problems with it. The ride is comfortable the acceleration is adequate for a 4-Cyl. engine. The interior is fantastic I love the controls on the steering wheel and I love the fact that it has Bluetooth. The cruise control is very good adapting very well to hills and to flat areas as well. The trunk space is great quite large for the size of the car. Everything that we wanted in a car is on or in the Altima. The gas mileage for the Altima is outstanding getting around 27 in the city and about 38 to 39 on the road that is a real asset. One thing that I wish they would have done was put fold away outside mirrors on the Altima S sometimes it helps when parking. The only minor hiccup that we have seen so far is the passenger air bag light It seems to come on sometimes when there is a passenger in the seat going to take it to the dealer to see what they can do about it. Otherwise it is by far the best car that we have purchased to this date.

7th Nissan I have owned.

by RW from Knoxville, TN on Thu Feb 06 2014

Purchased 2014 Altima SL 2.5 from Ted Russell Nissan in Knoxville, TN. So far I love it. Very comfortable to drive and I am a big person, (over 6 foot and 250 lbs) Smooth ride and averaging 27 mpg local. Nice luxuries such as moonroof, SXM Radio, Nissan Connect and navigation. Heated seats and remote start are nice on cold mornings. I would recommend.

The advertised gas mileage is for real!

by Nissan Man (300000 miles on last one) from Oakland, Oregon on Wed Jul 23 2014

This car just eats up rural roads. Gets more than 38 MPG on rural roads at 62 MPH. The hardest thing to get used to is looking at the Tach and seeing the engine is turning around 1700 RPM at 62 MPH. It gets +/- 36 MPG at 75 MPH on the freeway Seats are far above average. Very comfortable. They look cheap but they are not. Besides being comfortable they breath keeping the sweat off your back. All controls are easy to understand and operate. Car is much larger than the older Altimas. More space everywhere. Trunk lid doesn't fit like it should. It has a larger gap on one side than the other, The only negative I have found. We have over 5000 miles on it in all kinds of driving conditions. I wouldn't even look for another type of car if I were buying again. To me, this car is outstanding. We had it undercoated so it is a little quieter than normal. The dual climate controls are nice but probably not necessary. A Great Car so far. The engine should run for ever because it turns such low RPM's.

2014 Nissan Altima SL

by Cam from Bossier City, LA on Mon Mar 31 2014

I purchased a new Altima February 28, 2014. It was a good experience. I had an interest in several other cars: Mercedez, Lexus, Audi, Volvo, and Maxima. While making sure I did reviews on the internet and test driving each of them, and looking at how comfortable/roomy that they were, gas mileage, and all the features they had, the Altima had almost all of their features. The things that encouraged me to purchase this Altima were the gas mileage, its look and knowing that it had the same features (for the most part) as the vehicles listed above. The Altima that I purchased is a four cylinder vehicle. My Altima has a sunroof, back up camera, gps, leather seats, dual air and heat control, bose radio and speakers and much more. I got it at a cheaper price than almost all of the vehicles listed above. I purchased a Nissan Maxima several years ago and kept it for 12 years. I am almost sure I would have kept it longer had it not been for a wreck that I was involved in (that was not my fault). Knowing the history of the nissans and the great service received several years ago were added pluses for me. I haven't driven my new car a lot yet due to me having a second vehicle that I use most of the time. However, the times that I have driven the Altima, it has truly been fun; I already see that it is a gas saver.

run away!..fast!

by me from Georgia on Sun Jan 12 2014

Just bought new 2014 Altima...853 miles..needs new transmission...Lord help me..hope the state lemon law can kick in..very concerned about long term reliability

Does not recommend this car!!

BREAK DOWN

by GARBAGE from on Mon Aug 29 2016

Most horrible vehicle I have ever purchased. Had the Transmission replaced 3 times before it even had 70K miles. I contacted Nissan and they refused to do anything to correct the problem. The overdrive seems to be malfunctioning as well currently. The car is only 3 years old and has had more money poured into it than it's worth. STAY AWAY from these vehicles!

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 2014 Nissan Altima

Editor’s note: This review was written in June 2012 about the 2013 Nissan Altima. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

With the 2013 Altima’s redesign, Nissan stays true to the car’s sporty identity and adds to its appeal with impressive EPA-estimated gas mileage and available high-tech features.

I spent a day driving the Altima near Nissan’s U.S. headquarters in Franklin, Tenn. The 2013 Altima starts at $22,280 (including a $780 destination charge). I tested both the midlevel 2.5 SV four-cylinder sedan, which starts at $24,880, and the V-6-powered... Read More