2022 Nissan Frontier consumer reviews

side view of 2022 Frontier Nissan
Explore the 2022 Nissan Frontier
Shop the 2022 Nissan Frontier

2022 Frontier Awesome truck for the money

This is my third Frontier, 2022 SV crew cab 4x4 Premium. Prior 2 were 2007 SV crew cab 213,000 miles (traded for 2018) and 2018 SV crew cab 61,000 miles (totaled). I love the frontiers, very reliable and rugged little to no issues in either previous. Comparing to my new 2022 it is like VW bug going to Mercedes, period, day and night. New truck rides great, is quiet and comfortable. I transferred my sliding toolbox (no longer offed with frontier accessory (WHY NOT Nissan), running boards, and lower bed utilitrac rails(not added to 2022, previous had 5 tracks 2022 had only 3 I do use the ones on the floor) from my totaled 2018, no sense in buying them again. What would I change? Nissan should have put the extra length into the cab (big bragging rights against competitors, back seat fit for kids only). SV premium should have come with the 2 tone SV wheels and painted fender flares. Other than this, I would not trade it for any of the competition. Note to Nissan, you have to keep constant updates as we go, no more wait 15 years and only difference between my 07 and 18 was really wheels, front bumper and radio :(. Keep it relevant against competitors at all times. This is only way you can ever gain the crown. you got my vote for crown, but you needs 100's of thousands more to win it. Keep up the good work awesome truck.

Very pleased, great truck

Great truck, love everything about it so far. Josh at Nissan of Streetsboro was a big help and very knowledgeable about any questions I had. He helped make this experience easy. I will keep recommending this dealership and working with Josh.

3.7

A decent truck

It looks like a truck, drives like a truck, feels like a truck. It is a truck. It's biggest drawback is the balloon tires. They make it a bit wobbly. It took quite bit getting used to it, and I think the first chance I get I will upsize the rims to reduce the sidewall height. 9 Speeds is a bit over the top. I have never had it past 7. The hood is skewed. Paint is thin and not the best quality. I put a cardboard box in the bed and it scraped the paint down to the primer. Come-on, really? I went and paid to have Line-X sprayed on as it had already started rusting where the box went through the primer. You think with 9 gears it would get better mileage. I get about 18 combined, although I must admit I live in the NEPA mountains so there is not a lot of flat land around here. The one thing that was lacking was a tow hitch. This will be my next purchase for it.

2022 Nissan Frontier

Performance is great. Roomy interior. Gas milage is good, a little less than my previous car, but not that much for the difference between a 4 and 6 cylinder.

great looking vehicle

great looking vehicle, always did love nissan i have been waiting for this new frontier to come out for years. it is way better looking than the tacoma.

4.1

22 ProX

After owning 5 of the previous models, I knew what needed to be improved. I bought a fully loaded ProX. Love the new design. There is zero wind noise, big improvement. The 3.8 runs much better than the old 4.0. 50 more hp and better mileage. The fender radio is pretty good, but I like the old Rockford Fosgate better. The led lighting in the bed and the led headlights are great. The charging pad for the phone works even with an otter box. There are a couple of things I don’t like. The ride is terrible. Stiff stiff stiff !!! The leather seats are nice but the side bolsters on the bottoms are really hard and narrow. Cuts into the side of your legs. It is improved, just needs a few things made better. BTW I traded it in at 3500 miles.

First midsize

My first mid size and my first non american truck. Downsized because full size trucks are just getting to expensive. It was between this and the Ranger. I chose the 22 Frontier because the redesign is amazing. Truck is handsome and muscular. Ranger is too out dated. I got the PRO4X trim. Love the truck so far! A few things to note: Truck rides like a TRUCK. A little rough but i like the feel. Because of this it feels bigger than it is. Steering is very heavy and takes effort. Not a negative thing just noting for other buyers, i like it for this reason… feels rock solid and masculine. a guys truck. Gas mileage could be better… i am averaging 19 and my daily commute is 90 percent highway. Overall i 100 percent recommmend and i would buy it again if i had to. Give the new Frontier a look! I prefer it over Tacoma any day.

Modern Nissan Of Hickory

I just bought me a new 2022 Nissan Frontier truck in Feb. from Modern Nissan Of Hickory NC and its the best dealership for all your vehicle needs the staff there is great and really go out of there way to help you the customer get in the right vehicle They work hard and i just want to give a big big Thanks to salesman that help me there Wesley Starnes great job Thanks Anyone looking for a good car are truck are any vehicle go to Modern Nissan Of Hickory NC see Wesley Starnes

4.1

Good midsize truck.

The Frontier has plenty of power and good gas mileage considering. The size is right if you need a truck but full size trucks are too large. The ride is firm and truck like. On the negative side the steering effort required is very high, it almost seems like manual steering. I have the base S model and it doesn't have daytime running lights.