2015 Murano

2015 Nissan Murano

2015 Nissan Murano

Have you driven the 2015 Nissan Murano?

Well done, Nissan!

by Luv Cars from Dallas, TX on Sat Jun 04 2016

Took advantage of an excellent trade-in opportunity, great offer from dealer inventory, along with 0% financing to purchase a nicely redesigned 2015 Platinum edition Murano. Through a little less than 12K miles, really happy with the purchase. Ride is smooooooth, performance is more than adequate, and cabin is incredibly comfortable. Ample room for 4 adults (maybe 3 children in rear seat). Front seats are especially comfortable and ventilated feature on the Platinum edition works well and is a clutch feature in a hot climate. If you're willing to go for the SL trim, spend the extra $$ to get the Platinum - well worth it. And gas mileage is as advertised - consistently around 20-21 MPG around town and have only taken one highway trip where average was about 25-26. Cargo space is excellent - this is a "big car" without feeling like you're driving a big car. There are many great cars out there but to me what sets Nissan apart is 2 things, styling (you love it or hate it) and technology. This car is a perfect example. The NAV screen in this car is nearly as big as my iPad and the around view monitor makes parking and backing-up a breeze. It should be standard on every car. The driver assistance technology is also a great feature, blind-spot warning, collision warning, smart cruise control.....all makes me wonder how soon it will be before we have driver-less cars. The only drawback I can force myself to point out (so far anyway) is the legroom in the rear may be a bit tight for tall adults, but not to the point of being uncomfortable. If you are looking for a 7-passenger non-minivan, this isn't it, check out the Pathfinder. But if you don't need more than 4-5 passenger capacity and want a nicely designed, comfortable, smooth-driving, technology-rich car - that happens to get decent gas mileage, keep the Murano on your list.

Great car

by EMDoyle from Colora MD on Sat Nov 21 2015

My wife knew that I was eyeing the 2015 Murano and so for my 60th birthday she bought one for me. Imagine my surprise when I saw my new Platinum Murano in Pacific Sunset with a big red ribbon on top waiting for me in the garage when I got home from 3 weeks on the road. I really like this car. It drives great and has a lot of power. The blind spot safety feature is great, and I love the technology package. I'm 6'1 and don't fell cramped in. The seats are comfortable with plenty of leg room. The interior has a quality look and feel. There are so many nice features I can't name them all but if you're considering a Murano you will not be disappointed.

Love my Murano!

by DancingGal from North Carolina on Tue Jan 19 2016

This is a new Nissan purchase for us and we love our 2015 Murano! It handles the road with FWD efficiency, great gas mileage so far, and the comfort and spaciousness is fantastic. The safety features are wonderful and, therefore visually, I do not feel that blind-spot issues are a problem for me. The seats and ride are the most comfortable of any SUV (Edge, SanteFe, Venza, etc.) that I test drove and I can't say enough about the beautiful interior! What a great job Nissan did with their re-design of this very nice truck! They thought of everything!

Buy it!

by Ricksters from Boston MA on Thu Jun 30 2016

This is my 3rd Murano. I owned a Gen 1 for 6 yrs and LOVED IT. even tho it started to have some problems, but I traded it in at 117K and the engine was still strong. I bought a 2013 Gen 2. Loved the styling. But when I saw the new 2015 and the total new design..I kept eyeing it until I found a great deal and traded in the Gen 2 for the new Gen 3. The styling is awesome. The technology is fantastic. I will say the only thing I miss is the AWD LOCK button. I liked that, being in New England and the winters here, This new Gen 3 drives so smooth, and handles like my Audi's used to. VERY responsive. I hope to keep this new one for a long time.

Best crossover for price range on market.

by Muranist from on Sun Aug 09 2015

Fantastic vehicle. I've only owned for a month but I must say so far I can not fault this vehicle on looks and performance.. Extremely comfortable, responsible, and agile. Superb balance of everything you would want in a crossover, except that rear view visibility is not as good as I would like, which is the opinion of the professional reviewers as well, and there is a bit of a clicking sound coming from the sunroof which I am scheduled to have resolved.

Excellent value for the $$$

by Mura_Dim from Tampa bay on Wed Feb 03 2016

Comfortable vehicle with very nice interior(all soft padding and nice materials). Engine has enough power and torque. My previous car was a 2010 Passat wagon(had thinner cheaper plastics that creaked in the heat and the engine suffered from carbon build up/hesitation due to Direct Injection, plus the DSG transmission exhibited lurching/bucking forward when hot, very un-refined). The CVT compared to that is day and night. Also, the Murano engine is port injected, in theory i shouldn't have the same issues. Only thing missing, compared to my previous vehicle, is Sport mode on the transmission, but I do understand this car is mostly built for comfort/touring. I avg 26.5 mpg in mixed traffic(some days with really bad stop and go traffic). Have seen 33mpg on the hwy. So far no major complaints, the car comes close to be near perfect for what was built for.

Great SUV!

by Psand from Albuquerque, New Mexico on Wed Jun 08 2016

I bought the 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum, now that the 2016 have arrived at dealerships, LOVE this car, it is my second Murano previously had 2003. I have had the car 3 weeks and took a road trip to lake mead and the car performed beyond anything I could have imagined. Nissan has truly taken this car to the next level! I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to get more bang for their buck!

Great car!

by John from Westlake Village on Fri May 29 2015

I owned a few cars in the past years (Lexus IS250, Infiniti G37, Audi A4/A6, and Toyota Prius) but never SUV. Since I welcomed a new member to my family a few weeks ago, I was in dire need of a small/mid-size SUV (mostly due to additional cargo room and safety). My budget was $30-35k. As a result, I spent a lot of time researching the following cars: Toyota RAV/Highlander, Mazda CX-5, Subaru Forester, Nissan Rogue, Acura RDX, and Infiniti QX50. I also considered preowned certified Acura MDX and Lexus RX/NX. I test-drove all these cars. After my first round of tests, I decided to remove from my list RAV, CX-5, Rogue, QX50 and RDX (I just needed a bigger car). After additional test drives, I found Murano to offer a perfect mix of size, comfort, and features. I decided to go with 2015 Murano SV. Although I liked Highlander, I preferred Murano styling to Toyota. I also liked MDX and RX/NX, but I did not want to spend $40k for a used 2012/2013 car with reasonable mileage. All in all, I am very happy with my Murano. Although I owned a few luxury cars in the past years, Murano really feels like a luxury car to me. If you shopping for a small/mid-size SUV or even luxury SUV, you need to add Murano to your shopping list. You may be really surprised by Murano.

Great redesign

by Goose from Des Moines, Iowa on Tue Mar 03 2015

Had no interest in the car at the outset. Went to look at the Rogue at the dealer when the new Murano caught my eye. Beautiful interior, bold and brash exterior, and the most comfortable ride I have ever had. Family loved it. Test drove the RDX and Lexus NX as well. Both drove well, may have been a little sportier, but no comparison on comfort, interior, super cool technology and pricing value. Felt that the 18" wheels drove smoother than the 20 " wheels. Love this new car, I think it will be a hit for Nissan.

2015 Murano

by Ashley from Idaho on Tue Oct 06 2015

Amazing stylish very futuristic!! Inside not so good: very stiff steering wheel. The 2014 Murano steering wheel is so responsive and light. I'm 6'2'' and I have no issues into my 2014 Murano but the 2015, my right leg hits the new padding installed, so lower leg room. Front A bars and rear styling has reduced visibility. 2014 Murano: much better visibility. Also the gear D plus minus is slightly confusing for new users and even dealers here don't know very well.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2015 Nissan Murano

Gas price instability and the economic downturn got shoppers rethinking how much SUV they really need, with most deciding a compact SUV was enough. Consumers with a few kids, who needed more room, chose a three-row crossover. That left the midsize, five-seat SUV body-type an unwanted commodity by most.

The redesigned 2015 Nissan Murano is a quiet, comfortable, roomy five-seat SUV, perfectly executed for empty-nesters or others who prize a spacious cabin and cargo area, but who have no desire for a third row, where kids routinely wind up.

There may not be much excitement in the Murano driving experience, but these shoppers want a solid road-trip vehicle, not a rally car.

I tested a variety of... Read More