2016 Murano

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Fabulous SUV

by thompss from Canada on May 13, 2016

Just a wonderful SUV. Very smart looking and good on gas as well. The sunroof, sound system and seats are all in the class of far more expensive vehicle. Two negatives...the back rear window on either side of the suv are so small it makes it very hard to see vehicles on either side. The other negative is the material they used on the front instrument panel by the seat heaters and starter, Very cheaply done.

Handles great!

by Realtorangie from Vine grove, KY on April 6, 2017

I love my murano! I usually trade cars once a year but I'm keeping this one a long time! We had a snow and ice storm and other cars were in the ditch and I couldn't even tell it was slick out while driving my murano! I love the AWD and it averages 22.5 mpg. It has plenty of leg room (I'm 6 ft tall with 34" inseam). Seats fold all the way flat too. The murano handles great and is excellent for road trips. I get lots of compliments on how nice looking it is.

Looks, Safety and Performance!

by DV-CPA from Daytona Beach, FL on September 19, 2017

I'm an over-analyzer! Before I ultimately purchased this car (2016 Murano-Platinum AWD), I looked at Subaru Outback, Ford Edge, Toyota Highlander, and Hyundai Santa Fe. The Subaru had all the safety features I wanted, but I didn't like the style and I couldn't get my right leg in a comfortable position to drive. The Highlander was comfy and nice, but pricey and looked a bit too "mini-van-ish" for my taste. The Santa Fe's interior didn't seem as "upscale" as the Murano's. So I narrowed down my decision to the Ford Edge Titanium and the Murano. The Murano Platinum with the Technology Package had all of the advanced safety features that I wanted - adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning, rear cross-traffic alert, moving object detection. It was near-impossible to find these features on the Edge without a custom order, and all of the Edges that I saw had black interiors. I'm in Florida, so I absolutely did not want a black interior! Also, the Murano just LOOKS more sporty than the others. A few other plusses include the ventilated cooling seats, dual temperature controls and the cream-colored interior. It drives so quietly and smoothly, and the "zero-gravity" seats are really comfy and supportive. The touch-screen functions were easy to learn, and the voice-activated controls respond correctly to my commands. A few "down-sides". I could have done without the sun roof. I don't really use it, but it's standard with the technology package so there's no way to get all the advanced safety features without getting the sunroof. I also can't get roof rack cross-rails with the sunroof. Towing capacity is only 1,500 lbs, even though it's got a powerful V-6 engine, which doesn't make much sense. Gas mileage is in the low 20's right now, which I guess is ok for a mid-size SUV, but my last car was a VW diesel and I was spoiled by 35 mpg! Overall, this is the best looking, best driving, best featured vehicle I have ever owned, and I am very happy with my choice.

Good SUV

by Yzhang from Chestertown MD on April 14, 2017

This suv is comfortable, all the things you need can be found. The space in the car is big enough for daily life. The car is quiet in low speed. However, when the speed higher than 70mph, the noise is a little bit too large. This is caused by the tires and if you changes better tires, this can be solved. Also the headlights is xenon bulbs, so the light is not bright enough in the evening.

Uses car for Towing

Foreign made in USA!

by s12601 from CA on June 26, 2017

Great amount of space and well laid out. Performance is nice with good mileage. Exterior styling is very nice. Just do not really like the Nissan Connect, otherwise it is a very nice car.

by 1st Time SUV Buyer from Oklahoma on August 12, 2016

This is my wife's vehicle, so she should probably write the review. Prior to purchase, in addition to the Murano, we tried out a Toyota Highlander, Mazda CX9, and a Honda Pilot. Our criteria were: Comfort, equipment, reliability, value, and price. The Toyota Highlander driving position was extremely awkward, just downright uncomfortable. Eliminated immediately. The Honda Pilot (despite all the rave reviews by automotive editors) just felt too much like a truck. The Mazda would have been our 2nd choice, but you could get any color interior you liked as long as it was black. My wife hates black interiors. The Murano touched all the right bases. The SL version that we purchased, had leather interior (in a light tan), very comfortable rear seats. Far and away the best driving position of any of the other SUV's tested. And best of all, we could get it well equipped without having to buy a sunroof (hate sunroofs). It didn't hurt that the sale price was also better than the other vehicles. For a mid-sized SUV, all things considered, I don't believe you could go wrong with the Murano.

Unreliable Power Train

by Murano from Kelowna, BC on August 18, 2016

I would have rated this vehicle highly other than the fact that it is not at all reliable. I am not certain how this vehicle received a five star rating for reliability. Our vehicle is only 6 months old and has been in the shop 4 times due to a major transfer case oil leak. The manufacture cannot figure out how to fix the problem, they even installed a "modified" transfers case but the oil still leaks out at higher speeds. It seems that Nissan is at loss on how to fix the problem, which may be the result of a design flaw, as there are three other vehicles from the same dealer that are experiencing this issue.

Riding on butter

by Trubador's Master from Los Angeles, CA on January 22, 2016

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! It's not only gorgeous on the outside but an absolutely incredible, smooth ride. I am so happy!

Great Looks, Interior, Technology, Poor Handling

by Rich W. from Point Pleasant Beach, NJ on April 28, 2017

This is a sharp looking SUV both inside and out with super comfortable high-quality leather seats. The Bose radio, Bluetooth connection, panoramic moonroof, surround view camera, and tech safety features are all awesome. However, in the most important category, drivability, this vehicle is severely lacking. It feels overpowered and disconnected from the road during most driving situations. Even the simplest driving maneuvers require the utmost concentration and focus. It is even worse at highway speeds, and tends to drift with each turn in the road or gust of wind. I had the dealer check and adjust the alignment, which was way off after only 750 miles. This improved the situation slightly, but it still does not handle like a $40,000 top-of-the-line SUV should. I've owned Nissan and Infiniti SUV's in the past and they always handled excellently. I am very disappointed in this car and will be looking to get out of it as soon as possible.

Worst Audio/Bluetooth system I've ever experienced

by AYD from Toronto, ON on May 2, 2017

Everything is good. But the Audio and Bluetooth system is terrible. They said that the problem exists in all Muranos and they do not have any resolution yet. They are selling these cars! This is not an acceptable answer. The customer service is terrible.

1 2 3 4 5