2014 Rogue

4.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

My first SUV - picked a winner!

by Mike from White Plains, NY on June 23, 2014

I wanted an SUV because, as a weekend musician, I needed room for schlepping equipment. Comparison-shopped for awhile (Honda CR-V and Chevy Equinox were also in the mix) and finally decided that the Rogue would fill the bill. Roomy interior, plenty of cargo space for my stuff (even with the rear seats up!), smooth ride, decent gas mileage, comfortable seating, nice bells and whistles. Many co-workers were impressed enough that they are also looking into the Rogue. Would highly recommend this car.

The First 1000 miles

by Truetech from Northern Califonia on September 14, 2014

For the last 6 years I?ve been driving an `08 Rav4 Sport with a 3.5L V6. The engine is strong and quiet, but the ride is noisy and stiff. We live in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains at 3300 ft. Our Rogue has about 1000 miles on it and we have been getting over 28 mpg on the 40 mile round trip to town. It?s been an adjustment to the 4 cyl engine. It has a growl at low speeds and hard acceleration. The performance is O.k., but not what I?m used to. When decelerating below 40 mph it has a tendency to ?glide? to the point that you must apply the brakes when coming to a stop. It does good going up and down the hills at highway speeds. The ?active engine braking? is very good at sensing the downhill slope and shifting down. My wife and I just returned after a 271 mile round trip to Reno with the A/C on all the way. We left our home at 3300 ft drove over the Sierra Mountains, including an 8600 and 7200 ft. mountain passes to Reno at 4400 ft. I calculated 31.7 mpg, the car computer read 32.2mpg, fantastic. There were several times I took it out of overdrive to increase engine braking it responded beautify. Passing slower vehicles was another story, at that altitude the mediocre engine power is degraded. If I would have had four adults in the car, I would not have tried to pass. If you live at a higher elevation you need to give this car a long test drive. The ride is a welcome change after Rav4. It?s quiet and comfortable, but not mushy. Most of my complaints are offset when you consider a 3400 lb. vehicle gets 30+ mpg. Overall I like the car, but I?ve really had to change my driving style.

Comfortable, great tech features

by MassMan from Boston, MA on February 7, 2014

Got the SL w/Premium Package - not many of them around so didn't have much room to haggle, but still not a bad deal overall. Really like the styling, exterior & interior. Very comfortable seats, enough room to squeeze in my family of 5 + large dog. The technology is outstanding - I've yet to see a better built-in navigation system, bluetooth is reliable and super fast connecting. The mini-screen that you can see through the steering wheel is a great touch. I love the AroundView monitor, moonroof is huge, power liftgate is excellent. Now, if you read the reviews you'll know that the engine is under-powered and can be a little loud. As far as those who have said that it drowns out the radio and conversation - I wouldn't go nearly that far. Just know what you're getting into...if you're not an aggressive driver and really just care more about getting from A to B without it being 'fun to drive', then you're good. And the real world gas mileage...it is winter and I'm still breaking it in, but I'm only getting around 25-26 mpg driving fairly conservatively on the highway.

Just got it

by Lots of Miles from Eau Claire, WI on February 24, 2014

Compared all the major brands in the mid/small CUV line. Bought the Rogue. For the money, couldn't do better. Yes the engine is a little underpowered, and the CVT can be noisy at high RPMS but how often do you drive like that? Feature for feature, thousands better deal than the Mazda CX-5. More comfortable seats than the CR-V. More shoulder room than the Edge. I drive an excess of 30,000 a year and this seems to be a long term comfort winner and a great value for the buck. Bought the SL, only downside is the location of the seat heater switches, That's where my wife like to put her purse.

Good Value with a lot of features!

by Too Picky! from Katy, Texas on December 27, 2015

The car is very nice. have a lot of features. new technology. a lot of safety features at affordable price. Around view cameras! Blind spot and many other features. But Still a crossover...Carryover powertrain. Noisy under hard acceleration

amazing ,lovely car

by arjun from AZ on September 7, 2014

I bought my 2014 rogue sv with premium pkg and huge moonroof,back on july .I test drove all other company suvs but i found rogue the best in class with roomy interior and handsome exterior looks.Nice navigation system with 7'' color touch screen which is the huge one than any suvs.lots of cargo space and amazing around view camera with moving object detection.i would recommend 14 rogue than any SUVs .

2010 Nissan Rouge- do not buy!

by Disappointed consumer from Manchester, nh on July 23, 2014

I purchased a rouge in 2010 and within the first 4000 miles the cvt transmission went. I figured I had gotten a faulty one, they replaced and now after 121,000 miles the cvt transmission has gone again! This time I went to Nissan and they said it would cost me $4000.! After doing some research I find that the cvt transmission has been nothing but trouble for many customers. Nissan even extended their warranty to 120,000 miles. As I am just over 1000 miles over this warranty I felt nissan would take care of the transmission , with this being the 2nd transmission failure!!! After calling the Nissan consumer dept, they offered me $1500 towards the repair with no warranty on the repair. Needless to say I am not a happy consumer! Until Nissan fixes their cvt issues and actually cares about the consumer, DO NOT BUY a Nissan!

Does not recommend this car!!

Very good value.

by D from San Jose, CA on December 30, 2013

I love my Rogue! Me and my family came down to a conclusion after test driving the Toyota Rav 4 and Honda CR-V. I bought a black SL AWD version. Best in class MPG and volume. This crossover does very well in every category in comparison in its class. It's very well executed with interior and exterior design. Interior is very comfortable with a lot of materials and design coming from Nissan's luxury brand Infiniti. I average 30 mpg with getting around 34 mpg on the freeway which is great. Very spacious inside and power delivery is excellent for a 4 cylinder. CVT is surprisingly smooth and is sporty when you need it to be. Love it has a sport mode for different gear ratios. Very versatile and useful all for just around 30,500$ for top of the line which in class is the best value you can get. The only complaints I do have is the horn sounds very puny, like it belongs in a FIAT & you'd think paying around 30,000$, they could've added a shifting mode or paddle shifters. That would've been nice. Fortunately those are 2 minor dislikes and wouldn't ever deter me away from this. So far no problems at all. Definitely a good buy !

Best Value, Ride, Drive, Available in a SUV ,

by Nissan Guy for Life from Savannah, Ga on December 12, 2013

I purchased the first 2014 Rogue that came to the Nissan dealership on Abercorn in Savannah, Ga. This is the Best vehicle I have ever purchased. It gets 30+MPG, drives and rides Fantastic, looks Great, handles like a Sports Car and for what you get its a Steal. Nissan has outdone themselves, Honda, Toyota and all the rest. The Honda CRV and Toyota Rav4 are a joke compared to the 2014 Nissan Rogue. Look out Honda and Toyota, Nissan is designing some fantastic vehicles these days. And Best of all, Nissan and my Savannah Nissan dealership treat me like a King.

Absolutely Love This Vehicle

by Deidominus from Slidell, LA on March 13, 2014

We were replacing a 2005 Toyota Sienna and wanted to downsize. We considered several sedans, but decided that the compact SUV class was a better fit. Along with the Rogue, we considered the Honda CRV, the Mazda CX-5, the Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV4, Chevrolet Equinox, and the GMC Terrain. We eliminated the CX-5 because of rear seat comfort and stiffness of ride. We were seeking a soft quiet ride, not a sport car feel. The Terrain and the Equinox were eliminated because of a horrific blind spot right at the door pillar. This vehicle it primarily for my wife, and she could not get past the blind spot Additionally, the interior of the Equinox was not very attractive. It was easy to eliminate the Forester as the price was just too high. The RAV 4 was eliminated because I watched the video of it come apart in the small overlap collision test. . Even thought the 2014 Rogue has not been tested, we considered it foolish to purchase a known dangerous vehicle. Other than that, we liked the Rav 4. The CRV was very competitive vehicle and the Honda dealer was very aggressive with the pricing, However, in comparing the top of the line of the CRV and the Rogue (we purchased an SL fully loaded) the Rogue offered way more than the CRV. We have put 1000 miles on the vehicle so far and there have been no problems. The ride is smooth and quiet, the seating is comfortable and the styling is attractive. The driving aids (forward collision warning, lane drift, and blind spot warning) are very helpful. Additionally, the 4 cameras assist greatly with parking and aid in the overall vehicle safety. Also, the voice command works the radio, phone, and satellite navigation, allowing us to keep focused on the road all of the time. The self leveling LED headlights with foglights light up the road like it is daytime. It is hard to drive our other vehicles now, because the other headlights almost seem like they are malfunctioning. Handling is terrific. I have read the critiques of the "sluggish performance" and can understand the complaint. It is not a turbocharged Subaru. However, its performance was really no worse than any of the other vehicles in its class other than Subaru turbo and possibly the CX-5, and the fuel economy is best. Our average fuel economy has been 27 mpg, but this has been mostly short, city drives. Our dealer was great and the pricing was competitive. So far, this is a great vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14