2005 Nissan Xterra

Will Remember This Car Forever

by from Louisville, KY on July 19, 2017

This car met all of my needs. I was most impressed with the amount of space and the ride. There was plenty of room to seat all passengers comfortably and, with ability to remove/fold-down seats, provide extra room for hauling. Never had to worry about getting stuck in any kind of weather. This vehicle is very durable,safe, and has plenty of power to keep you out of any tight spots. It also featured a surprisingly crisp sound system that great for road trips and the commute to work. I would recommend this car to anyone. Absolutely my favorite vehicle to this day.

Uses car for Havingfun

Still going strong after 12 years

by from Charlotte, NC on May 30, 2017

Still driving my 2005 Nissan Xterra. Have had virtually no issues with the car as I maintain it regularly. Dealership is always surprised how "new" my "old" vehicle seems. If it wasn't for the fact that Nissan no longer makes the vehicle, I would most likely have purchased another one as my next new car.

Love the XTerra!

by from Honolulu, HI on May 15, 2017

I've had my XTerra for 11 years and still love it as much as the first day I bought it. It's been super reliable and I love the ample storage that it provides. I spend a lot of time driving and you wouldn't think an SUV could provide comfort the way my XTerra does. It's spacious and was super convenient to have when my son was born and I found myself needing space for all the baby gear!

A rugged yet practical off-road SUV

by from Elk Grove on January 9, 2017

Have always wanted an X-Terra and have not been disappointed at all. I got a pre-owned 2005 SE and despite being designed and built primarily as an off-road vehicle it works great for daily commute and has rugged looks, a smooth and quiet ride and a surprisingly comfortable interior. I highly recommend!!

Dont get ripped off

by from on February 28, 2014

although the Xterras are awesome and i would tell anyone to get one DONT GET RIPPED OFF. i bought my for 8,000! with 130,000 miles on it!!!

Xterra Offroad

by from on January 31, 2014

Powerful, big trunk, good 4x4, bad in snow in rear drive back end comes out too easy, good in snow with 4x4. Soft brake pedal feel.

Off Roaders Dream!

by from Southern California on December 4, 2013

These Xterras are built very solid! Extremely capable off roaders and can really take a beating. Lots of room and cargo tie downs. Seats fold up and give tons of space. I have driven mine 100s of miles in off road mountain trails in all types of conditions and my Xterra has gotten out of some very tough terrain. Great values compared to SUVs with similar capabilities.

Outstsanding source ... so pleased!

by from Houston on October 30, 2013

I worked very hard at researching just the right vehicle for my needs. I looked at many different avenues and cars.com was the top for my product source information. I located the dealer with just a phone call... test drove it and bought it within the hour. THANK YOU!

Fun SUV

by from Ohio on August 13, 2013

I purchased the Xterra new in 2005. It has been a great car to drive due to its ample power and spacious interior. I have the 4wd model and it is great in the snow,...most of the time i don't even need to put the vehicle into 4wd. I have had absolutely no problems with rust or any wear and tear issues on the interior, although i'm obsessive about upkeep. However, i did have the all to common issue with the radiator breaking and leaking into the transmission around 95,000 miles. Fortunately, I caught the issue very early and was able to replace the radiator and have the transmission flushed to prevent any damage. I have driven the vehicle thousands of miles since the initial problem and have not experienced any new problems. The car is a great and good-looking car to own!

Dependable

by from Houston, TX on April 10, 2012

This is a reliable SUV and you can get lots of miles out of it. Stick with what works and stay away from American cars.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Nissan Xterra