2008 Nissan Xterra

Love the Xterra!

by from Allentown on September 19, 2017

I owned an Xterra years ago...drove it until it wouldn't drive anymore. Traded it in on a Pontiac...just traded that in for another Xterra. I love them.

First car I've ever owned.

by from Houston,Tx on July 25, 2017

I love this car it met all my requirements.Great A/C runs amazing .Just what I was looking for and it was very affordable.Great for work or traveling.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

This is a keeper

by from Silver Spring, Maryland on May 12, 2015

I have had this car for 3 years so I believe I know what I m talking about. It has a great body style - i think this is the best part of the car - style! The car is sturdy; the bumper is truly solid - I have been bashed twice - in one incident, the bumper had no single scratch while the front part of the other car almost dismantled into pieces, in the other just a dent because of something that was protruding from the other car. The car is spacious - I like hauling stuff around - it carries it all when you fall the seats and can also put on the overhead rack!.I feel the body of this car is protective - tough. The car also drives in a rugged way so if that appeals to you, you will like this car. Its maintenance Is reasonable - fairly inexpensive. Except in one instance where the tire pressure lighter comes on indicating some mechanism in the tires that is faulty. I understand it is a security control - that can be very expensive to repair -several hundreds per tire at the dealership. I'm very happy in this car - its fairly "big and imposing" but that is why I bought it in the first place! It is a far improved step up from the older Xterra model.

Lovin' Our Xterra

by from Islamorada, FL on October 8, 2013

Highly functional inside and out for people who haul sports gear and need to get off road to get there.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Exactly What I Wanted

by from Lake Wales, FL on December 12, 2012

I searched for sometime for an SUV that fit the image and function of my company and decided on a used Xtera. Great choice -- could not be happiier! I have a pickup for off road when needing 4 wheel drive, so this is 2 wheel drive. Great handling on the road, great styling, and just right on the inside. I was able to get a few accessories I needed at reasonable prices off the Internet. Gas mileage is running between 19.5 and 22.5 mpg. I have to tow long, but reasonalbly light (3000#) trailers and this does it.

recommend do NOT BUY..

by from India on October 29, 2012

A friend and we bought our cars together...in the first one and a half year the friends axle broke.....and three years down our whole gear box had to be replaced...so pls be cautious

Most satisfied

by from California on April 4, 2011

I traded in my 2000 model Xterra in 2008 for a new one. The 2000 model was a bit underpowered but was fairly well satisfied with it. The 2008 what a difference in power and actually get better gas mileage with the more powerful engine. I just took it in for the 60000 mile checkup and it needed zero hoses-zero belt-zero brakes-zero radiator flush-zero struts etc. Other than tires and new transmission fluid-my Xterra has needed nothing but regular oil changes. I am looking foreward to another trouble free 60000 miles. I have been more than satisfied with my 2008 Xterra

Ready for Anything

by from Pensacola, FL on March 4, 2011

The Nissan Xterra is for all the kids who grew up playing with tough-as-nails tonka trucks and truly understand the value of a strong and well built vehicle. The Xterra is the perfect vehicle for those who still believe their vehicle is good for having fun and not just getting around. The interior and exterior are built to allow for a myriad of options for taking your gear with you: from the durable roof rack to the fold flat or removable rear seats. Metal tie points on the interior ceiling and a tie down rail system in the cargo area floor make it easy to keep your things in place regardless of the terrain. Pros: -Size: The Xterra is big enough in all the right areas for an SUV. Ground clearance and suspension travel are excellent and the fold flat rear seats allow for enough open cargo room for any weekend adventure. It is also small enough to be easy to manage in an urban environment and the 4.0L V6 provides plenty of power. -Performance: The V6 provides plenty of power for any driving environment while still returning up to 23mpg on the highway. Acceleration is smooth and responsive and the automatic transmission manages the power throughout the power band. -Looks: Very rugged styling from the protective plastic bumpers to the aggressive lines of the body. -Seats: The driver and front passenger seats provide excellent support and are comfortable for even extended road trips. The stain resistant cloth is both durable and easy to clean. -Easy Cleaning: While the interior may lack the high quality materials found in other vehicles, it was built with the same ruggedness as the rest of vehicle and is easy to clean after an adventure leaves the passengers as dirty as the Xterra. Cons: - Rear Seats: Leg room is minimal for adults and getting in and out can be a challenge due to the large rear wheel wells. Overall it is an excellent choice for those who want a capable off-road vehicle that can take whatever abuse you can throw at it on the weekend and take you to work in comfort the rest of the week.

Tough Truck

by from Boylston, MA on November 11, 2010

If your looking for a real truck in an SUV Xterra is for you. The engine has a low growl and delivers excellent acceleration out of those rear wheels. Off road in 4WD its almost unstoppable. Great handling and visability for this style of vehicle. The only drawback is the ride, some of those highway bumps give you a kick. It's definitely a truck. If you are looking for a crossover type vehicle with a car like ride, Xterra is not for you. For people considering an FJ Cruiser, you definitely owe it to yourself to try out the Xterra. Its a comproble vehicle, but beats the FJ in most areas, especially visability, and you can probably buy one, new or used, for $5K less

Love my Xterra

by from on September 17, 2010

In an effort to replace my 1996 Pathfinder, I found myself in a later model Xterra. I couldn't be happier!

Our Expert Review: 2008 Nissan Xterra