1999 Voyager

1999 Plymouth Voyager

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1999 Plymouth Voyager?

Economical and reliable!

by minivan mom from on Mon Apr 06 2009

I've been driving my 1999 Plymouth Voyager for 9 years and it hasn't let me down yet. I recently drove a new van and noticed the handling and ride was pretty much the same as my old van. I've had to make some repairs over the last 9 years, mostly belts and hoses. I have heard of transmission problems with the 4-cylinder engine. I have a 6-cylinder and no such problems.

Sporty Minivan and Built Strong

by Mike from Bloomsburg, PA on Fri Feb 15 2008

I love this minivan. It drives and runs great...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Love this van

by lisa from wa on Sun Mar 23 2014

We have this van with 221,000 miles on it and would trust it anywhere, it has been the easiest maintenced vehicle we have owned so we bought another just like it and it only has 130,000 at this point but we are looking for a third van exactly the same model and year since we drive lots so when we retire the first higher mileage one my husband and I will still both have one, can't say enough how much I love this model

My parents are 20 yr owners

by dmslv02 from Kansas on Sun Jul 01 2018

It?s been reliable, beyond maintenance zero problems. It currently need the rubber gasket seal replaced, but that it. I bought them a mew van with an exit seat. Except for modern tech it?s not any different than the old one. Thinking I may take it home across country.

Literally The Most Reliable Car I've Seen

by VoyagerFan from Houston, TX on Fri Feb 03 2012

I have the 4 cylinder, and this car developed a transmission leak at around 140,000 miles. We never took it in to fix it, but just made sure there was always fluid. A stop leak minimized the leakage, but other than the fact I have to pay for transmission fluid regularly, the transmission hasn't been a problem. At around 210,000 she developed an oil leak, which I also just top-off. At around 220,000 the wiring became finicky and old. The AC compressor died at around 180,000 miles and seized up around 238,000 miles. This was never a problem for me, because the AC is more of a luxury and there was a way to route the belt where it didn't even need to include the compressor. Now, at 240,000 miles we are finally experiencing alternator problems. Our family has been the only owner of the car and it is definitely the hardest working, most reliable car we've ever owned. At 237,000 miles, I confidently took a 9 hour straight road trip from Waco, TX to Baton Rouge, LA. It took 140,000 miles before the first problem occurred. And now at 240,000, I'm just now starting to see the beginning of the end. I really do believe that this car will make it to 300,000 miles. It's a crying shame they don't make this vehicle anymore.

1999 PLY VAN with Low milage

by BN from North Central AR on Wed Nov 27 2013

We needed a delivery vec. for a small catering business as well as personal transportation. This 1999 Ply Voy SE came on the market as a one owner trade in with under 46,000 miles on it for a price we could afford. The dealer did an outstanding detail job on it and made it look almost new. It seemed to run real nice with a slight pull in the steering. We determined it was a bad tire and had it put on the rear until we can get a new set. We have only put 1000 miles on it as of 11-2013. Kind of hard to determine reliability in such a short time of owning it. Locally it seems to get 16-18 mpg w/o ac on although the compressor is on during the defrost cycle. The only complaint is the drivers seat is cramped, we wish it went back further. I'm only 5'8" and 160 lbs. Very nice and comfortable driving. The newer vans have stow and go seating that would be a wonderful feature to have in our case. I plan on taking to a dealer and have them go over it just because its over 14 years old and I'm a little concerned about some hoses and rubber parts with the heat in the rear. Otherwise very pleased with it. .

1999 Plymouth Voyager SE

by stooge150 from South Carolina on Sat Jun 10 2006

The Plymouth Voyager is a reliable, comfortable and economical vehicle to drive. It has enough room to carry all of my children and their things when we are going to football games, etc. The only drawback is when you put a carrier on the top to carry items when you go on a trip, it brings the mpg down substantially.

Most comfortable car

by Blue from Ann Arbor, Michigan on Sat Oct 20 2018

This mini van is good with gasoline consumption. The mini van has gray cloth interior seats. The mini van comfortable. I drive it to work.

Our Take on the 1999 Plymouth Voyager

One day a couple of years ago, I went to my favorite sandwich shop for lunch. I ended up with a meatloaf sub, an iced tea and a Dodge minivan.

I didn't go with the intention of getting the van, of course, but there it was sitting out front with a "for sale" sign in the window and the two rear seats removed. I looked inside and knew right away it could be a great vehicle for hauling around my antique bicycles. It had served Ben, the owner of the sandwich shop, well, and he was sorry to see it go. In fact, he still talks lovingly of... Read More