2009 Pontiac G5 consumer reviews

$16,980 starting MSRP
side view of 2009 G5 Pontiac
Explore the 2009 Pontiac G5
4.1

Should be brought back from GM ideal small sporty

I am very happy with his car I'm 83 years old and it's easy to get in and out of excellent handling very economical hasn't lost Style compared to the present cars on the market! Why did GM stop making them? Always wanted a car that didn't have a sharp corners at the top of the door to hit you in the forehead when you open or close the door and this car has got it rounded corners.

Outlasted every other car I've ever owned!

I purchased this car at the end of 2008, it was a 2009 base model. Bare-bones; no cruise control, smaller engine, stock stereo (not the upgraded Pioneer). I expected this car to last 4, maybe 5 years tops....... 12 years later, it was still running as good as it was on the day I got it! Not one single engine or transmission issue. It had a couple minor issues along the way, with the standard recalls and a faulty fuel pump, that died around 38,000 miles. Other than that, I didn't do anything to it, except basic maintenance; tires & brakes. By December 2020, I ended up putting 230,000 miles on my car and finally had to replace the struts, front-right control arm (was popping) and new rotors....Less than a week later, a truck ran a stop sign and totaled out my car. I probably would have kept driving my G5 until it fell apart. As a matter of fact 3 years ago, when my son was about to turn 16, that's the car he wanted. We ended up getting him a 2007 G5 with 130,000 miles, which I hope serves him just as well!

Very Happy

After driving the Pilot, Ridgeline, Highlander, Santa Fe, and several others, the Sorento EX V6 was by far the best value for my money. It is solidly built, quiet, and smooth. The ride is like a Lexus and it handles almost like a sedan. It's just the right size, has very comfortable seats and is loaded with technology! On my first 500+ mile trip, I averaged 28.8 mpg. If you're looking for a new crossover in this segment, put this one on your short list to test drive.

3.7

G5 GT really like this automobile.

Love it I have put 151,000 miles on car so far with out any failures, except a temp sensor I've had none of the issues people talk about with this car, would purchase another but this little car I believe is going to run forever.

1.0

Worst made car ever

Gas leak, ignition recalls, shocks and struts wear quickly. Inexpensive to purchase but you make up for in repairs. Will never purchase a Pontiac again

My new ride Pontiac G5.

Took the car on a test drive and loved it. Nice ride. Love the style and color. Very well maintained.

New Car with an older style

Looks good, drives well. I look forward to having something newer to drive to work. Nick & Chris are the best to deal with!

Excellent Vehicle

It was a great car to own for a single person. Only two doors, so as I got older I grew out of it. But it hardly ever needed repair which I loved. As long as I serviced it regularly, it was in perfect condition.

4.4

Nice Look!

Just the car for me. Cheap on gas and drives well. It is a coupe! Pretty! Easy to drive, heated seat really helps on winter. For an older car, ac and heater works great!

2.7

Great first car

If you are looking for a first car, kid in high school or starting college, this car will last if taken care of.