2004 Porsche Boxster consumer reviews

side view of 2004 Boxster Porsche
Explore the 2004 Porsche Boxster
Shop the 2004 Porsche Boxster

GOOGLE REVIEW

ALL THE STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL WITH TRYING TO COMPLETE THE DEAL. THEY HAVE VERY NICE CARS ON THE LOT. GO CHECK THEM OUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS HERE!!! HAPPY CUSTOMER

I love to drive again

I love to drive again, just to get in and go to work is a treat. My husband bought it for me. He is the best! We went on a few road trips down the road, and I would just drive when I needed a pick up...... :)

04 550 SPYDER ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Awesome car. The special edition has all Boxster has to offer for 2004. What great styling, and details... Right down to the painted special edition wheels, and the GT Silver paint. Great performance from the special tuned exhaust makes this the fastest Boxster to date. If you can find one of these, it will make you feel special......Love the special interior accents and full leather, in cocoa brown. Wish I would have known about this vehicle earlier.... Born to drive!

Best Porsche Yet

This is my third Porsche. Nearly 90,000 miles on the odo now. Great track and street car. My wife's flight bag fits the front trunk, leaving room for six bottles of wine. My flight bag fits neatly in the rear trunk allowing room for our Bose portable player, my computer bag and laundry. Gr8 fuel mileage and tons of power. I owned the 911 and 914 in the past. This is my fav by far. Trips to NJ, PA, IN, MO and FL this year alone.

3.9

Good value compared to competition

We bought our Boxster S with 41,000 miles and ten months left on a bumper-to-bumper warranty. It has the Tiptronic transmission. We enjoy the Tiptronic because the car is often driven in city traffic. Besides, we also have a Lotus to drive when we want to do our own shifting. The car has been generally reliable, although there have been a surprising number of non-critical issue that had to be addressed, particularly considering that we had a full pre-purchase inspection done by a Porsche dealer prior to purchase. In the past four months the alternator has been replaced, a transmission valve was replaced, and O2 sensor went bad and a leaking emissions seal had to be replaced. None except the alternator were critical to operation of the vehicle but we did have them all fixed. Parts were very expensive. Total repairs cost was $3600, with the warranty covering all but about $800. Regardless, we love the car. Handling is great, fuel economy is OK for this car class, and the car has excellent storage in both the boot and the trunk for weekend trips.

The most fun car to drive I have ever owned

Great car, fun to drive. What more do I need to say, it's a Porsche!!!! You are never too old to enjoy one.

Most reliable and best performance car i have ever

excellent braking system-has saved my life several times. excellent acceleration-best buy for the money.

A Rocket On Wheels

The 2004 Porsche Boxster "S" model engine has a very deep growl and has boosted horse power (258 HP) vs. the non-S model. With the variable camshaft control (dual cam) you can feel the surge of power most noticeable in 2nd and/or 3rd gears on the model that I drove. From a stop, you have a quick shift to 2nd and staying in 2nd, you are at 60mph in just over 5 seconds without red-lining. It's a 6 speed vehicle, so top speed of 168mph is understandable and fun to imagine, but you would want to take it to a track or other controlled site to test that high speed. Traction and stability is excellent with proper tires. Michelin Pilot "Sport" tires came with this car from the factory in Stuttgart.

Best Sports car I have ever owned.

I have owned four other well known foreign and domestic sportscar models. By far, this has been my favorite. A true eye-catcher with the top down. Handling is great, stops on a dime. Its comfort competes with other sports cars and I have taken it on long distance trips. Very good gas mileage and reasonable insurance rates. No comlaints, great car.

4.1

Intoxicating performance

In late January of this year, I purshced a 2004 Carrera White Boxster with only 30k miiles on it. At just under $21k, this car was a steal and a Porsche lovers gem. It is so much fun to drive it's intoxicating. Sure, there are other roadsters with less prestigous badges that have more power, features, etc... but none provide the overall driving experience that a Porsche Boxster provides. From the head turning exterior styling, (especially with the top dropped), to the intoxicating exhaust note when it revs, this car will provide a lot of fun & satisfaction for most sports car lovers. The interior is a bit uncomfortable with the basic seats and upgrades/options tend to be costly. However, this IS a true sports car after all... not a luxury sedan... and it feels like a sports car throughout. The steering is tight, the handling and braking are exceptional, as is the overall build quality. The flat 6 Boxer engine provides plenty of horsepower while still obtaining 29mpg on the highway. The ride is a bit rough due to the low profile tires & stiff sports car suspension, but road noise is tolerable for a convertible. Because of its mid-engine layout and front & rear "trunks", storage is surprisingly adequate for a roadster. We have used ours to go grocery shopping a few times already! Mine has the tiptronic S transmission and I love it. It just cruises along at low RPMs in "D" and it is much less cumbersome in bad traffic, (which I deal with daily), than the standard 5 speed manual transmission. This allows for great fuel economy during every day driving, yet provides a very satisfying sports car experience when you want to let it out. Just put the car in manual shift mode and have at it! Wind the gears out until the tach reaches its 7,000RPM redline and you are sure to get a thrill out of the acceleration and that intoxicating exhaust note. The car is geared so low, that when left in "D", it starts out in 2nd gear. Shift into manual mode, tap it down into 1st, stomp the gas and listen to it sing. With the top up, you get to enjoy the sound of that horizontally opposed 6 cylinder boxer engine behind you as it rockets you to 62mph in 7 seconds. Put the top down & you are treated to the symphony of the H6 & the sports tuned exhaust system singing together in unison. Beautiful music to a car lover's ears! Overall, I love this car. It's the perfect car for Porsche lovers like myself that still aren't quite able to afford the 911 they have always dreamed of. There is nothing more satisfying than driving down the road and seeing that Porsche crest on the steering wheel and knowing you are behind the wheel of one of the most finely engineered automobiles in the world. While I do still plan to "graduate" up to owning a 911 someday, this car is plenty capable of satisfying that Porsche sports car desire in the interim. I highly recommend it.