Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Cayenne Hybrid

5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
3 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2012 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid?

A wonderful SUV

by baldwin007 from coppell, tx on Thu Apr 26 2018

I owned a 2012 Cayenne Hybrid for 4 years and that is the longest I have kept a car in 15 years. It was that good. Only one issue in 4 years (timing sensor) and the dealership did a great job supporting the car with car washes and nice loaner cars whenever needed. The hybrid takes a little time to adjust to but I consistently averaged 20.5MPG for the life of the 4 years (in town and hwy driving combined) . I had 22" wheels on it and unless you really want the look (like I did), I don't recommend that due to the hard ride . Opt for the top of the line interior package because the sound system and seat comfort is well worth it. While I would probably want the V8 next time (for the sound and experience of a V8), the power of the hybrid was certainly adequate. Only downside was a few rattles that developed over time but the dealership fixed them as needed and under warranty.

Our Take on the 2012 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid

Editor's note: This review was written in July 2011 about the 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

As I promised in a separate review of the redesigned 2011 Porsche Cayenne, we've put the hybrid version, the Cayenne S Hybrid, to the test. So what's the verdict?

I suspect people who value the Porsche name and want the higher mileage — or perceived political cover — of a hybrid will appreciate the 2011 Cayenne S Hybrid, but the SUV doesn't overcome its "hybridness" enough to satisfy performance enthusiasts.

Without a doubt, the hybrid delivers... Read More