2015 ForTwo Electric Drive

2015 smart ForTwo Electric Drive

2015 smart ForTwo Electric Drive

Have You Driven the 2015 smart ForTwo Electric Drive?

Used electric smarts are a great buy.

by doug from Nantucket MA on Mon Apr 29 2019

Second generation electric smarts are slower & smaller than the latest version. The ones coming off a 3 year lease are dirt cheep to buy & run. Mileage on them generally is low, because they are typically used as a second car. For around town, grabbing a few sacks of groceries what could be better? The utilitarian ability of the little car is really surprising. The front passenger seat folds almost flat, allowing space for long stuff. It is quick enough off the line and even has a little glass roof that allows you get some sun while you are zipping around town. I average 90 miles on a charge and just plug it into the 110 volt outlet in my garage. For the cost of a 5 year old crappy Yaris, you can have a 3 year old smart EV and reduce your carbon footprint.

Great city car

by Tommy from Gilbert on Wed Oct 23 2019

This has been one of the most fun cars I have ever owned. Never had any problems, always ready to go after charging .Drive like a big car, makes you feel good.

The perfect car for short commutes

by DanGB from Gulf Breeze, FL on Wed Apr 08 2020

This is absolutely the most fun car I have ever owned! Reliable, sporty and surprising off the line Torque. It charges quickly and is a pleasure to drive in the city. If you are considering this as a highway car keep looking elsewhere.

First EV; won’t be the last!

by smart fanatic! from North Port, FL on Sun Jan 26 2020

This 2015 smart fortwo electric drive, RWD coupe has opened my eyes to the world of no gasoline and no oil changes required. I love it! I’ve owned this body style on the 2013 smart fortwo from 2013-2016, with the ICE internal combustion engine. I’ve also owned a 2016, redesigned smart fortwo with ICE and manual transmission. The 2016 was also exciting to drive from North Port, FL to South Ogden, UT; from South Ogden, UT to North Las Vegas, NV; from North Las Vegas, NV to Tallahassee, FL and from Tallahassee, FL to North Port, FL in 8 days. This 2015 electric drive (ED) vehicle is more fun to drive than the 2013 Smart Fortwo was, IMO in my opinion. The drivetrain, electric battery adds weight to the small frame and provides a more stable driving experience on city roads and highways. I feel more secure in this ED than I did in the 2013 ICE. The front wheels are still closer together than the back wheels, which proved difficult to handle on the 2013 ICE. I don’t sway as much when larger vehicles pass me on highways in the 2015 ED. Semi trucks still sway my ED but it’s less. The leg space is the same as the 2013 model. It’s less than ideal for someone with long legs, such as myself. I ignored that fact when purchasing this ED when I saw the price, color combination: white panels with alien green tridion safety cell and front DRL daytime running lights. The green interior trim sealed the deal. I love this ED. I purchased it in April 2019. It was God’s Easter 2019 gift to me. I named him Eggster also called Eggsy. The range on a full charge has been listed as 70 miles on the odometer. I have traveled for 100 miles on one charge but I usually travel 90 miles per full charge with gradual acceleration and deceleration. I’ve used the paddle shifters + and -, on right and left respectively, to increase regenerative braking and increase off the line acceleration. There is a digital bar on the odometer display that shows how efficient the driving habits are. I like it when I’m closer to 100% on each trip. In the beginning, I confused that efficiency bar with my battery’s charge percentage. The battery percentage is displayed on the dash in one of the circular gauge clusters. One if for % SOC battery and the other is % power used during acceleration, for example. I don’t like that the driver’s seat is restricted from going as far back as the passenger’s seat; passenger seat folds flat! I believe I would be more comfortable if the driver’s seat had the additional inches of leg space the passenger seat has. I love the moon roof (tinted, non-openable glass) this ED offers. I can see the stars and the moon while driving or stopped at a red light.

Fit for the use.

by Good value proposition. on Mon Jun 18 2018

Urban use with agility. Obvious easy to park and maneuver. Enough autonomy for the day. Don’t expect a V8 but delivers the proposal of a good choice.

Nice car also good on gas

by Nekie from Bainbridge on Fri Apr 22 2016

Thanks to a wonderful Lady name Mrs Joyce Day she always make my experience a pleasure. I really appreciate her for my fusion and look forward to her service again soon for my son a vehicle thanks Mrs.Day you are awesome

"BEST CAR DEAL EVER!!!

by Sue from OHIO on Tue Apr 19 2016

Hi Mr. Evans, Recently I purchased a 2014 Nissan Altima from your Poe Avenue dealership. My personal experience before, during, and after the sale was simply awesome, a blessing just for me. Although, I know that there are many, many, customers that left with a BIG smile on there faces after visiting your dealership. When you have a sale you really do produce AMAZING DEALS for all your customers. I watched how each customer was handled with their own special individual care, and attention to their personal needs. At first, I really did not come to the dealership to buy a car. I came to enter in the contest to WIN a car or cash give away. To my surprise myself and others were all " WINNERS " to a new car. Everybody was smiling.. My car has the car value I can afford, comfort, great performance, low mileage, and above all style that will make you LOOK. The car salesman, finance team(s), detailers, and Special Finance Team made it all possible for me to become a new car owner, and I am so grateful, happy, and will let everyone know about "THE GREAT EVANS SPECIAL DEALS" on the car you need and want. Everyone walks out the door with a huge smile on their faces. Can you see my smiling face as I write and end this review?