2018 Golf

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED

by FUEGO346 on May 30, 2018

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED. LOVE THE SIZE AND THE WAY IT DRIVES. The features and smart key are a nice touch. It is solidly built, quiet, and smooth. I really like the looks of this car.

Repeat purchase for VW Golf

by DSM from Dayton, TN on March 28, 2018

After purchasing a 2015 VW Golf in 2014, I decided to replace it with the same vehicle (different color) in a 2018 model. The The 2015 was a fine car, with plenty of interior room, good performance, fun to drive on twisty roads, and overall practicality. What it didn't have are the now available active safety systems. Since automatic braking in case of an impending collision, blind spot monitoring, rear traffic alert, are now available in the Golf, we decided to purchase one having those features. It is a very nice car that I hope will be as good as the 2015.

Best and most reliable car I had.

by GolfFan from Steinbach, MB on July 5, 2018

This car exceeds all my needs. The 4 motion system is espacially good for winter time. It has a good size screen with an SD card and a USB port. Overall it's very comfortable and also good an on gas mileage.

Building on previous success.

by Sparky from Atlanta, GA on June 16, 2018

My first Golf was a 2015, the year upon which the current model is based. As great as the 2015 was (and for which it won MANY awards, the 2018 is significantly improved. All the safety technology is a must have. Driveability has been upgraded by increasing the low end torque of the 1.8 liter engine. The car has plenty of power and the sure footedness of a sports car. Who needs a GTI? Not me!

We have a Winner!

by GarfieldM from Chilliwack, BC on October 22, 2017

My son is buying a Golf. I might too! Fast, quiet, comfy and for 2018, ALL the goodies are included such as a bigger screen and leather steering wheel. An article we read said that the Golf was as close to an Audi 3 as you could ever get. Test drive it and you’ll see what I mean.

Golf SE Navigation 1.5 litre EVO TSI 130ps 5 door

by Farnell from Plymouth on July 4, 2018

In March I bought a new Golf SE Navigation 1.5 litre EVO TSI 130ps 5 door Manual. Motor way performance and fuel economy are very important to me, so I compared a lot of cars and their published figures. I also talked to at least five VW dealerships: telling them what I needed from a car and what we used it for. That being regular trips to ski areas and long drives on French and German roads. I was assured that this model gave both excellent fuel economy and good performance. The brochure promised 'Maximum speed 131mph'. On a German motorway it just about got to 98mph. No power in 4th or 5th gears. Nothing extra to get you out of trouble. When overtaking a Truck, in Germany and in France, it is quite common to find another car approaching from behind at speed. This golf has nothing there to get you out of the way!! The brochure promised ' Fuel economy Urban 44.8 mpg* Extra urban 68.9 mpg* Combined 58.9 mpg' The best urban is 30 mpg, the best on Motorways is 42 mpg. There is a vast gap between claimed fuel economy and actual economy. The seats are very uncomfortable and the side mirrors badly designed (they constantly pick up an internal reflection from the air vent edging). I have owned five VW's over many years. This golf is hopeless and very disappointing. I think they have over-engineered the 1.5 engine to get better eco-ratings, but not achieved any reasonable performance or ever fuel economy! Two dealerships have checked out the car, no faults. If you do long motorway drives - avoid this car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love of my life

by Muccellij from Orangeville on May 7, 2018

This car is the most amazing car I have ever driven. This is my 6th car since the time I have started to drive and I am so very impressed. This car has power, comfort and style. Would not trade it for the world.

Most reliable car I?ve ever owned!!

by T dog from Rome, ny on April 26, 2018

I can not believe how happy and helpful the whole sales staff was! Great people, great car, there?s no doubt in my mind I?ll buy another vehicle here again!

Our Expert Review: 2018 Volkswagen Golf