2011 Volkswagen GTI consumer reviews

side view of 2011 GTI Volkswagen
Explore the 2011 Volkswagen GTI
Shop the 2011 Volkswagen GTI

Great car

Fun to drive. Fast. No issues so far. Did have to have the timing chain done out of an abundance of caution. Seats are great fod my back issues.

Best car for value by far especially with all the

This car has it all. Good looking, sporty, super fast with all the upgrades and mods. Over 100hp added. 300hp car. VW is by far one of the most reliable and safest cars. Huge air intake, bit larger turbo, headers, stage 3 software, larger dual exhaust. Sounds amazing. Sport mode and tiptronic shifting with paddles. Touchscreen infotainment, turbo gauge, all weather gti floor mats, a fully covered VW warranty available at same price as a 3yr lease coming back to dealer. Fully covered with roadside and brand new loaner if in shop. Car has plenty of space, very light, so makes it very fast with all the tuning. Car is practical. But pure fun. Everyday car, ok for winter, perfect if wanna take off and keep up with a porsche no problem, that turbo kicking in sounds great w that exhaust. Spring and summer this is absolutely one of the most fun cars out there. In amazing condition. Near perfect. Brakes, and tires are new, new maintenance. This car is just as great for going shopping, taking family anywhere with 5 seats and 5 seatbelts and nothing but fun when driving alone and shift into paddle shifting in sport mode.

4.3

Best car I've owned so far

Met all of my needs, really reliable and great on gas mileage. Took me to Quebec and back. Best purchase I have made this far.

My first car so far runs like new .

This car met all my needs. Right size for me and my son . Rides smoothly and I like the fact that it’s made out METAL BECAUSE I AM NOT A FIBERGLASS PERSON. Just what I wanted .

Great Fast Hatchback

This car was a blast to own! Good on gas, very fast 4cyl turbo. Had tons of fun making it my own, so many things can be done to this car to style it the way you want it.

Hatchback Pocket Rocket

This thing is fast, handles great, cruises the highway impeccably, stops on a dime, accelerates like a mustang, and holds all your shopping and more. Easily the best car I have ever owned.

4.0

Great fun til it starts needing maintenance

It is a great car to drive and fun to own, but it is the least reliable car ever. in 85k miles prepare to replace the intake manifold, multiple water pumps, the radiator, and more.

The best all-arounder you can ask for.

The VW GTI is the answer to almost every car need: it's practical, spacious, comfortable, compact, amazing to drive, awesome on fuel consumption (regularly get 32+ hwy, 22 city, 26-28 avg) and seats 4 comfortably (5 in a pinch). It is excellent in stop-and-go traffic due to having a very light and responsive clutch. The seats have great support and bolstering without being intrusive, and are comfortable for long trips. The back seats have a surprising amount of room and even people over 6ft can sit back there comfortably. The general ergonomic design of excellent and well thought-out. The entire car feels well-built and sturdy, with no creaks, squeaks, or loose panels. It's easily the best single car I've owned and I can't recommend any car more highly for someone who's looking for one daily driver that does it all. There are a couple downsides. Maintenance (as with all German cars)- little electronic things will go wrong, and certain sensors needed replacement (wheel speed sensor, oil pressure sensor). But overall mechanically reliable and a great little 4-banger engine. Another downside would be that the Bluetooth tech is showing it's age. It's slow and the mic picks up a lot of wind noise.

4.2

The greatest hatchback of its time.

The driving is amazing! Nothing to say about the exterior and the interior if we take in consideration the price of this car. It is very smooth to drive, confortable and pretty safe to go on road trips.

My first car, very reliable

This car has provided me everything you could think of needing in a car. It has great all around versatility and plenty of room to come along with all the traveling you've desired.