2007 Jetta

2007 Volkswagen Jetta

2007 Volkswagen Jetta

4.2

Have you driven the 2007 Volkswagen Jetta?

Looks more expensive than it is...

by jldude from SC on Mon Nov 24 2008

Don't get me wrong, mine set me back $22K, but every time I look at it, I feel like I might as well be looking at a BMW. After I get some aftermarket wheels and window tint this car will look thousands more than I paid. It comes with a host of amazing standard features including no less than 10 airbags, extensive safety features, some which one wouldn't even expect. I have to give the highest marks to this car on styling especially exterior, very nice fit and finish. Only real gripe is the CD player takes forever to load and read a CD EVERY time you turn it on and there is no repeat button. Auto trans shifts a little slower than I'm used to. But God does it have a low 1st gear It's hard to keep from chirping the tires every time I take off even WITH the traction control on. But it has a very nice high overdive which is welcome. I can cruise at 80 at the same RPM my mitsubishi was doing at 60. Kind of a rough idle, not noisy or harsh but you can feel it sitting at a light. On the plus side, this car is very tight and well built I believe and seems to hold it's value pretty well so far. It is a compact but is as heavy as an altima or accord which is disappointing when it comes to fuel economy I think it averages around 30 hwy where it should be 32 or more. But again, just take a gander at the front of this car and it will remind you of it's Audi heritage and technology.

love this car!

by Carman from Milpitas, CA on Sun Aug 01 2010

I love my VW Jetta! It is flat out awesome. I use it to go to school, work, and anywhere in between. I just got back from a 300plus mile trip with the car and it performed very well. It was comfortible with 4 adults in the car and severall bags in the car. The trunk is nice and huge, yet appears small on the outside. It can easily fit 5 suitcases (three of ours were large suitcases), and there was still room. The only downside to the car is they put the auxilery input jack in the glove compartment, and did not have it in an easy area to reach. This makes it difficult to change songs or playlists. Reccommendation, get the ipod hookup so you can control your ipod through the dash. Performance is excellant, good on gas, only filled up four times during my trip, totalled almost 1000 miles, and my last fill up still has over a 3/4 of a tank. It has a nice engine, 5 Cylinder. good for passing other cars on the freeway, i dont drive fast with it, but it is still nice. its breaks are excellant: and the weight distribution on the car is perfect. When you break the car doesnt feel like it is taking over, I feel as if I still have control. A big rig cut me off and I have to slam on my breaks. I love my car, I havent had it for very long, so this review is only from a 4 month span, plus a week of having a Jetta as a rental. My car is an 07 VW Jetta 2.5 liter 5 Cylinder engine, with 5 spoke alloy wheels, upgraded stereo, sunroof, and leatherette.

Awesome Car!

by Wolf Driver from Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY on Mon Mar 31 2008

Though I don't have too much experience with many cars being as the 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition is my first car, I must say, it's a great car. The seats are comfortable, the trunk is HUGE and the engine gives me the jump I need. The suspension is really tight making its handling amazing and comparable to more expensive luxury cars I have also driven. While shopping around for cars, I looked at the usual suspects (Civic, Corolla, etc.) but dollar for dollar the Jetta out shined the competition. My friend who drives the new Audi A4 commented that his interior almost looks exactly like mine. My only complaint I have with the Jetta is its fuel consumption. I haverage about 320 miles on a tank which could be better. Overall, the Jetta is an amazing car and I feel I'm going to be sticking with Volkswagen in the future.

Amazing car

by Volkswagen LUVVA from New York,ny on Tue Sep 04 2007

When I first test-drove the 2007 vw jetta I thought it was kind of dull...but when i saw advertizement about the wolfsburg addition i was amazed. So i orded a cream coloured wolfsburg with a nice spoiler. A few weeks later i was driving down the highway and was hit by another car. The bonnet was smashed and the windshield was shattered... the car was totalled but i wasn't. THe car saved my life.

07 Jetta

by Like to Drive from Cincinnati, OH on Wed Mar 28 2012

Bought used in Feb 2012 with 41k miles on it. The Jetta is roomier than it looks. Mileage is over 27mpg in mixed driving and that's without hitting it hard. Drops to 24-25mpg with aggressive driving. Handles great - I have no complaints and would purchase again. I was looking at hatchbacks and settled on the Jetta sedan and am not disappointed as the trunk is huge, the rear seats fold down as does the front passenger seat allowing a string bass to be transported no problem. I do like the euro feel of the Jetta as I have driven several Japanese cars in the past, while very reliable - do not have much soul. I like driving this car.

Jetta Wolfsburgh

by Farfegnugen from Florida Keys on Fri Mar 30 2012

Wow what a fabulous car, extremely economical, sporty, great looks has it all. Wouldn't' just recommend, I'll buy another one.

"... TEN THOUSAND."

by I.C. WAGEN from BALTIMORE, MD on Fri Jun 22 2007

ONE IN TEN THOUSAND... Volkswagen's popular Jetta sedan is a cut above the generic family four-door sedan, with mechanical components borrowed from the upscale Audi division, an exceptionally strong safety rating and a list of standard and optional equipment rarely found in this class. With slightly less rear-seat legroom than the more expensive Passat, the Jetta still provides the kind of "big car" feel you won't find in many of its competitors.

Love my Jetta

by Jetta fan from Austin, Mn on Fri Mar 08 2013

I purchased my 2007 Jetta from Bed Rock Motors in Invergrove Heights, Mn last month. It is a very nice looking car, and so far it is running great. It has about every option there is. The only problem I had was with the auxillary box in the glove box, but I think I just have to take it to the dealership and get the car reprogrammed. The other thing is I only have one set of keys for it, and it is going to cost 250 for another set to be made. Other than that I love the car. The guys at Bedrock Motors were great too, and I would recommend going there to get your car!!

Best First Car for New Drivers

by Jetta Driver GR from Charlottetown, PEI on Mon Apr 07 2008

2007 City Jetta Great Performace Comfortable Fuel Efficient Sporty Look Reliable Great Upgradable Options

Nice little Jetta

by VW fans from Farmington Hills, MI on Thu Feb 08 2007

This is my first VW Jetta that I owned. All I can tell you is I'm really impressed for the whole package. Handle very nice and responsive. Fun to drive! Plus very nice audio systems. Another thing that really impressed me was I couldn't believed how quiet it is in site the car. I had own many Japanese brand name cars and my new 2007 Jetta beats them all!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 Volkswagen Jetta

When it comes to rolling out special editions of existing cars, Volkswagen is giving Chrysler (think PT Cruiser) a run for its money. The Fahrenheit GLI is one of five special VWs on the market this year. It's a version of the Jetta GLI, and its bright yellow paint job is sure to generate instant love-it or hate-it reactions.

Get past the color, and the Fahrenheit has all the charm of the standard GLI — a compact car that serves up just enough driving enjoyment and premium features to justify its not-so-compact price. My biggest reservation involves the Jetta's reliability history, which is especially bad for high-performance variants like the GLI. If poor reliability doesn't faze you, act... Read More