2007 Volkswagen Jetta

Reliable, sporty appearance performance

by from Burlington, CT on September 11, 2017

I've driven this car for 150,000 miles. Its been very reliable; has required only a few repairs outside of normal maintenance. 2.5 liter turbo gives it lots of power; nimble handling. A fun car to drive.

Most reliable car I've owned, very fast!

by from Rocklin, CA on July 27, 2017

I've owned this car since 2012 and LOVED every minute of it, it's VERY RELIABLE, very fast and a lot of fun to drive, especially on long drives.

jetta

by from emeryville on July 15, 2017

fast car , makes noise, hard to smog big trunk space lots of room in the car safe under cover fast sharp onstar lights radio i wouldnt buy it again

Great Economical Vehicle

by from ARLINGTON on July 9, 2017

Its very reliable and great on gas. Doesn't take much up keeping and maintenance. Jettas have grown to be the car of choice over the past few years.

good.

by on July 8, 2017

Great on gas and good for commuting. Appearance is good, leather interior with power everything. Very safe and reliable.

best car i have ever owned so far

by from North Miami, FL on July 2, 2017

The is a car great to drive around or even work with Uber still has a lot of life left in it very reliable.

Need new transmission if it cross $100k miles

by from Fairfax,VA on June 19, 2017

The sound system is good. Exterior body is very tough. But the only problem it has is transmission problem. If the car crosses the transmission must be replaced for smooth flow of car otherwise it will give jerks while driving.

This has been the best car!

by from san diego, ca on May 31, 2017

I love my Jetta. It has taken me many miles and been very reliable. I am very impressed with the style and comfort of the seats too!

My First Car That I'll Never Sell

by from Columbia, SC on May 6, 2017

This car came at a time when Volkswagen made economy cars that really stood apart from the seemingly endless swaths of Toyota and Hyundai midsize sedans that contaminate our roads today. The engineers who designed this car are truly the mark of a company who values attention to detail. Its the little things that make you love this car. For example, wiper blades that automatically slow their speeds when you come to a stop, a smaller auxiliary heater that kicks in before the engine warms up so you don't have to wait for warm air, an instrument cluster that is purposefully difficult to see in low light to remind you to turn your headlights on, a small gap in between the main cup holders to fit smaller Red-Bull cans, and independent rear suspension (which is virtually unheard of for a car in this price bracket) that dramatically enhances ride quality . And the seats. Oh my god the seats. I work as valet attendant for a college job and I have driven virtually every car imaginable, from mid 90's junker Chrysler minivans to brand new Lamborghini Aventadors. I can still say with complete confidence that my Jetta's seats are the most comfortable seats I have ever placed my 20 year-old backside in. The interior is second to none in its class. Most domestic and Asian cars STILL haven't caught up to the vastly super interiors of these cars. There is minimal plastic on the interior, most everything is leather wrapped and stitched, including the dashboard. The trunk space is large enough to smuggle a family of 6, the rear seats comfortably sit my 6'1" 250lb friend, and the sound system has individual tweeters, mids, and bass speakers for superb (and LOUD) audio even after 10 years into its lifespan. I would highly recommend the manual transmission if you are somewhat of a car enthusiast like myself because the 170ft/lbs of torque from that naturally aspirated 5-cylinder engine is sooo much fun to drive around town. Did I mention it was a 5-clylinder? That's right. More horsepower than a 4-cyl. and more interesting than a 6-cyl :) Interestingly, the head unit on this engine happens to be the exact same one used in the 10-cylinder Lamborghini Gallerdo so you can tell all of your friends that if you want, even though most of them will think you're lying (but you'll know the truth!). Also, you can easily out race those morons with V6 Challengers, Mustangs, and Cameros who all think they're hot stuff because they have a car that looks fast. The look on their faces when this little unassuming German sedan flies past them is priceless. In addition to all of the praise I have given it, I have yet to mention reliability. I have owned this car for 4 years and have yet to have a SINGLE issue with it yet, even after putting 70,000 miles on it (currently at 135,000 miles). Well, I guess I did have a tail light burn out after about a month of owning it, and that was a massive $3 repair bill. Took me an entire 2 minutes to replace. But seriously, Volkswagen Automotive Group cars do not disappoint, and this is a perfect example.

Love Of My Life I Miss U My Darling...

by from Detroit on May 2, 2017

Well I had it for 8 days since i borrowed it from my brother... At first I looked at her then she kind of give me that welcoming but reseved look like normally they do at first date... But let me tell u it was love at first sight... She fall for me or I fall for her whatever it was mind blowing experince I had... I miss her so bad that I am in search for another one but as wise man said once "IF U GET A GOOD ONE MAKE SURE U DON'T LET IT GO" Minkiah... I guess better luck next time... I m talking abt my baby VW JETTA 2.5 2007 GLI... WHAT U THOUGHT LOL...

Our Expert Review: 2007 Volkswagen Jetta