2019 Volkswagen Jetta consumer reviews

• Exterior 4.6
Explore the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta
Shop the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta

Perfect for the price

I love my new (to me) VW Jetta. It come equipped with so many features. It has some things I'd never even heard of. It will correct steering if you drift out of the lane, it had heated and COOLED seats, adaptive cruise control, automatic headlights and highbeams are also auto, etc. There's more but I can't list it all.

Best vehicle I've owned

I bought a 2019 Jetta SEL in July of 2018 right when it came out. I have now owned this vehicle for 5 years and put 116,000 miles on it. I love it. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have had no major issues other than a bolt coming lose around 69k miles near the timing belt which was under warranty and fixed with no charge. On long trips I have gotten up to 53 MPG but average high 30's day to day. I cannot say enough great things about this vehicle.

Incredibly durable

I put 175,000 miles on my 2019 Hanbanero Orange Jetta R-Line. Unfortunately it was totaled in an accident but I have no doubts the car would have made it at least 50k more. The only repair I had to make was the heater/ac fan which cost 70 dollars at NAPA and took 5 minutes to change myself. No engine, transmission issues at all. Zero problems. The car still drove and sounded like it did on day 1! I regularly averaged 35-40mpg. Best car I’ve ever owned. I will miss it for sure!

Great car with hi tech features!

Great car with all of the hi tech features that I need such as blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic avoidance. Being a senior citizen I also like the winter package of heated seats and steering wheel. The remote start also is greatly appreciated! Gas mileage is also good and I like the engine stop feature at stop lights to save emissions!

Great Car For the Money

I have 2 2019 Jetta SELs. One white with cinnamon interior and the other Blue with cinnamon interior. One was leased for my daughter while in college and the other was mine. Both cars have performed very well and no mechanical issues other than the fact I got a flat tire once and realized I had no spare tire, that it was optional on the Jetta. The gas mileage was excellent and on a recent long trip I was getting 45 mpg for long stretches of the trip. Both are leases and I am trading one in for a 2022 Tiguan SE [I am tired of getting in a car as I get older], but the other lease I will encourage my daughter to buy out because there is no way she can get such a reliable vehicle for such a price today.

Drives drives great

Great look inside and out drives great I like all the features great salesmen and customer service price was great no pushy sales people they work with you to get you in the car you want

4.0

Really like the styling, gas mileage great!

Really fun to drive, like the looks much better than the "Catfish-mouthed " vehicles that seem so common. Great technology, and nearly 40 MPG in mixed driving without the extra cost and complexity of the hybrids. Quite comfortable, and roomy enough for my wife and I to do some long road trips.

3.0

Over 8 different rattles - degrades value

I love the way it drives, great mileage, fun on "sport" however all this is destroyed by the number of interior rattles. I have two from the dash, one from the dash/entertainment system, from the right side, left side and the top. I have had it into the shop and they fixed most of the rattles and the fix lasted a week. I have tried to take the car back but they never have time to check the rattles and for some reason, took several days last time. The noise from the rattles makes my driving experience absolutely terrible. Makes trying to listen to the radio or music impossible. I will not have friends drive with me and I have rented a car when business people come with me as well as on long trips. I highly recommend the car otherwise. My discontent is so high I would return the car is I could.

A very reliable car!

Not only did I get the car I wanted(a manual transmission car) but the car is comfortable, roomy- especially the trunk- great seats and more equipment than you would expect from most small cars. I test drive for a little bit and it was the car for me. Always wanted a Jetta.

4.0

16 months, 80k miles and still great.

Sel model. Literally, my only 2 gripes with the car as a whole, the seats can be a little uncomfortable after a few hours and the low end torque is abysmal. But the lack of torque, I kind of expect from a 1.4L. Overall great car, 40mpg easy, plenty of room for passengers and cargo, considering it’s s size, and still drives like new 80k later. I can see this car making it well past 200k