2019 Jetta

2019 Volkswagen Jetta

#6 Most Popular Sedan
2019 Volkswagen Jetta

4.3

Have You Driven the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta?

Very safe and reliable

by Maddie from Medford on Sat Jul 20 2019

Our jetta was hit head on. All 4 air bags deployed due to the impact. My wife was driving, had to be ambulances to the hospital and walked out after few hours really banged up but ok..That car did the job I paid for it to do period. Excellent on safety.

Two Week Rental

by GrouchyOldMan from Baltimore, MD on Fri Oct 04 2019

I drove the 2019 Jetta for 2 weeks while my Accord in the body shop. Comfort was geat. I experienced no back issues on my daily 3.5 hour round trip commute. Quiet cabin for chatting, listening to the radio, or mulling over your day. Power was very nice on the two lane hilly roads. It starts to get winded over 75 mph. Gas mileage at 50 mpg plus on interstate (I mostly stay at 65-70 mph) and high 40s on the hilly roads. Poor depreciation (value drops quickly). All told, this is a great car to buy used. A brand new 20k S model can be had at 1 year old for under 15k. Talk about value! If you want an inexpensive commuter car with decent room, good comfort, good usuable power, and outstanding mileage, give a 1 year old Jetta a look. I'm seriously considering trading my Accord in on one. It was that good.

Great car for price (stereo sucks so only buy Beat

by PatrickJettaR from Denver CO on Thu Mar 14 2019

My 3rd consecutive VW! Great fit & finish. 2019 R Line Jetta model I bought has best wheels & interior trim. HOWEVER, if you like music in your car, be forewarned it’s the WORST NEW CAR STEREO I’ve ever had. The next model up, the SEL has the Beats system and it’s pretty good (tho not as phenomenal as the Fender). For what it cost me to put in a new amp, replace the speakers and put in a modest sub, it woulda been less to buy the SEL! To end on a positive note, I’ve been averaging 45 mpg highway @55-70 mph: Kudos to VW!!

2019 Jetta SEL

by Cardsfan from Bardstown KY on Sat Dec 22 2018

Very nice car inside and out, handles great, love the gas mileage, you can’t beat the way these cars are made and the way they handle.

comfortable and nice looking car with up to date t

by Dot from New York,NY on Fri May 03 2019

I like the size and easy driving, the safety features, rear view and side blind spot mirrors. I also like the car play. U like the keyless entry.

Awesome Value !!! FUEL ECONOMY !!!! WOW!!!!

by Jeff & Sharon from Denton, MD on Thu Apr 18 2019

We were looking to purchase a new vehicle to improve upon fuel economy. WOW ! this newly designed Jetta hands down has really done a great job with this. Great Job VW!! Regular Unleaded fuel (the inexpensive stuff), although I only use EXXON, I do not recommend the inexpensive brand gas, VW just do not run well on cheap gas. They are more fuel efficient on quality fuel. My Jetta was predicted to produce 40 hwy MPG, I have maintained 42-43 MPG per tank since driving off the lot 4 months ago !!!! I have the 2019 VW Jetta SEL with automatic transmission. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !!! super comfortable, great sound system, heated seats are wonderful on cold days! Great smooth ride, handles very well, responsive, will "get up and go" on the highway, merging into traffic without taking your life into your hands with this turbo 4 cyl, no problem! Only remote issue, but no biggie, this is a super light car, if you think it will do great in deep snow, even though it is front wheel drive, think again, it is super light for fuel economy. She gets a little "squirrely" in snow. Love the Apple Car Play !! What have I done without this my whole life ? Oh.. one more not so crazy about item.. the wheels... hmmm .. not so sporty to me.. but, for the money, you can afford to invest in those later. LOVE MY JETTA !! Under $25,000 with 42 mpg and a 72k warranty!!!! No other Manufacturer can come close ! I will run the wheels off of my Jetta! HUGE WIN !

Love this car!

by cosmogirrly from Reno, NV on Thu Oct 18 2018

We just brought this car home today so have not put very many miles on it but we have owned 5 VW's and stand by their performance. We got the SEL model which includes the digital dash and it is AWESOME! Smooth and quiet ride on the freeway and the sound system is killer. The ambient lighting inside is very cool and you change change it to 10 different colors. The only thing is that we did not realize that our car did NOT include navigation, and we thought that was standard with the SEL. Our bad, but we still love the car and will keep it, besides, we can get navigation with the iPhone. Infotainment system seems very user friendly and the music now shows album art! Overall, very happy!

Betta Getta Jetta

by STD from PORT SAINT LUCIE on Wed Apr 03 2019

Great car! Been a VW owner for 10 years and they keep getting better! I went with an SEL Premium and it really has everything you could want

Great car!

by Transplanted Northerners from Savannah, GA on Wed Sep 19 2018

The 2019 Jetta is s great little car with lots of get up and go! My husband is over six feet tall and has plenty of leg room! The beats audio system is amazing!

2019 Jetta amazing quality for a reasonable value

by Keith from Port Coquitlam on Mon Nov 05 2018

Such a great car for the price. Love the rail to rail moon roof. Entertainment console is like having a tablet in your car. Can set the ambient lighting to whatever mood I am in. R-line package is a great upgrade. Not really complaining about the engine but would have liked to see a more sporty engine option.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25

Our Take on the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta

The verdict:

The redesigned 2019 Jetta has gotten up to speed on features, tech and comfort, as well as value.

Versus the competition:

Always competitive in driving fun, the new Jetta now offers bang for your buck that helps it go head-to-head with compact sedan leaders.

It’s an SUV world now, even for traditionally car-centric Volkswagen. Its best sellers this year have been its new SUV stars, the Tiguan (Car.com’s most recent Compact SUV Challenge winner) and Atlas mid-size SUV (Cars.com’s Best of 2018). But automakers still sell a lot of compact cars in the U.S., and the full redesign of the 2019 Jetta shows VW is serious about competing for a bigger share.

The previous generation held its own in terms of driving manners, but it was bland. The 2019 gets up to speed with features, tech, comfort and, notably, better value. If you want more driving grins, Volkswagen has the sportier Golf GTI compact hatchback — a darling of enthusiasts (including me... Read More