2021 Volkswagen Jetta consumer reviews

$18,995–$27,145 MSRP range
side view of 2021 Jetta Volkswagen
Explore the 2021 Volkswagen Jetta
Shop the 2021 Volkswagen Jetta

Ease of operations and reliable

Having driven a Beetle for 3 years, I appreciate the space that the Jetta provides. Shopping with my grandson with a car seat, is so much more enjoyable now.

Very Smooth ride and comfortable to ride in

I really enjoy this vehicle and its top notch in my book. Handles nice, rides nice, great on fuel, nice trunk space..... and the lights on the interior for everything I have to look for is all lit up... nice feature to see at night with.

A true joy to drive!

Always had a Japanese crossover suv, but wanted a change so I looked at cars made in Japan as well as other countries and thought I would give Volkswagen a try. I am glad I did. I took a Jetta for a test and loved it. I then took a manual transmission model for a drive as well. I ended up buying a manual transmission Jetta. It is so much fun to drive. Everyone loves the way it looks and it’s spacious interior with all seats heated. I look forward to driving it for a while!

3.6

Great Car Let Down by Lousy Features

I like everything about the car except the clutch and the radio. The hill hold on the clutch doesn't release when you let the clutch pedal out resulting in stalling the car, often in dangerous intersections. The radio does not have SiriusXM built in and without a 3.5 aux port there's no good way to add it. I've been using the phone app and Android Auto but that doesn't work well where phone reception is poor.

Excelent car to own

Super nice technology supreme highly recommended to buy it has all you what on a car sport elegant and fuel efficiency car to keep for many years

Jetta is supreme

The Jetta SEL premium met all my functional needs and more!. This is my second Jetta so I knew gas mileage would be optimal. Also it has features, such as a digital cockpit which I fell in love with. The driving experience was very smooth and much quieter cabin noise than my previous VW. Overall excellent!

4.1

2021 VW Jetta SEL

Purchase a new Jetta SEL in February 2021. This is my second Jetta. My first Jetta was S trim (manual) 2017 but gave that to my son a week after i purchased it. This year I need a new car to replace my old car. I didn’t want a SUV. Sedans are cheaper to own and maintain. The things I love about this 2021 Jetta SEL: It has a great powerful engine (1.5L turbo) and rides smooth. It uses regular gas. So far I have average 36 mpg and I commute 50 miles a day to and from work. The JETTA GLI would be better since it has the 2.0L Turbo and rear independent suspension but the price tag is way up there. The moonroof is nice and adds that luxury feel. The digital cockpit looks cool and actually functions well. The power seats and lumbar support is a plus. Heat seats and steering wheel is great and a must in Colorado. Rear heat seat is nice too. Huge truck space. I almost purchased the Jetta SEL Premium but couldn’t justify the extra $$$ for navigation; memory power seats, fog lights, and extra speakers. I like the Sedan as it looks good but would much prefer the wagon version which they don’t sell in USA. Things I dislike about the Jetta SEL: the radio sometimes does not work. Adaptive cruise control occasionally stops working. But I must say when it does work – it works well in stop and go traffic. This is the main reason for getting the SEL over the SE or R-Line trim. The auto stop/start engine feature is annoying – The engine will turn itself off at the least expected moment when I’m trying to maneuver into a parking spot. However, I don’t mind it turning off when shifting gear into park or waiting at stop light. One big missing Feature this car doesn’t have is “Auto Hold!” My other cars have it but this one does not. Auto Hold is great for when you come to stop light and not have to press the brake pedal the whole time you’re stopped. If I had known that then I might have considered another car. And another thing is that the SEL does not have fog light! I don’t use it much in my other car but when it’s snowing or foggy outside then it would be nice to have it. Overall; I must say this car is a good purchase for your money.

greeeeet

love the tiptronic transmission and and sportgear. also love the turbo charge and the way it handels.i would recommend this car to any one I know

Most reliable car we have owned.

This car has met and exceeded all our needs. It's very comfortable to drive, gets excellent fuel mileage. It has a big storage area in the trunk allowing us to pack everything we need for a trip.

VW TDI

BRING BACK THE WAGEN !!!!!! I don't like the 4 door less practical then a five door wagon. In order to benefit from the sedans rear folding down seats cargo is awkward to load.