2012 Passat

2012 Volkswagen Passat

2012 Volkswagen Passat

Have You Driven the 2012 Volkswagen Passat?

Greatest car I've had up to date

by Fadjei from Laurel md on Fri Mar 09 2018

This car is good on gas looks great feels nice when you're driving and it's easy in the pockets. I think anyone that has been in a car they loved and couldn't afford would love this car.

2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT -

by Zoots Alures from New England (CT) on Mon Aug 19 2013

I searched for six months for my next vehicle. Covering the New England area for my employer I wanted to ensure that I maximized the "Fun to Drive" & "Maximum fuel proficiency" factors in my next purchase. THIS PURCHASE WAS THE BEST DECISION THAT I'VE MADE IN A VERY LONG TIME - *The outside styling is very nice yet a bit introverted/understated *The inside styling is typical European i.e,. clean, logical, and intuitive. *The 140BHP/236Torque is very responsive but could stand a bump in HP/TQ to off-set the approaching 4,500 RPM Cliff of no-return When driving the throughways, bi-ways, and hi-ways of New England, I have no trouble averaging >53MPG (Even with spirited passing); Around town the worst MPG I averaged was 38MPG with extreme spirited driving - light to light.* * Reminding you that this car came equipped with a 6-speed manual For me, this car is the complete package!

I like VW diesels

by Butch from Spring Hill Florida on Mon Jun 18 2012

This is the sixth VW diesel I've owned and this 2012 Passat has the most cabin room yet. I do wish the interior was a little nicer, less hard plastic and more like the Tiquan. Love the mileage and so far I've haven't had any problems with this vehicle (7335) miles on it so far.

Nice car

by Kevin S. from Rosemount, MN on Wed May 10 2017

This car is comfortable to drive. It's large enough for 4 adults and 1 child. Nice size trunk. Came with heated leather seats and auto dimming mirror. It has higher miles on it so I'm still waiting to see about reliability, but since our purchase date it's been great. So far it's my 2nd favorite car we've owned, behind our '07 Nissan Altima which we've since traded in.

great car for this value!

by lazizjon555 from on Sun Jan 26 2014

This car has all features that you need and the quality dost it say for itself. If you compare this car with the brands like toyota, honda, hyundai this one beats all of them. The price is great and performance and quality lasts longer than any of these!!!!

2.5 S Passat a surprising value

by Mr Practical from Minneapolis on Sat Jan 14 2012

I've had my 5-speed manual Passat (2.5L gas) for two weeks now in the Minnesota winter and it's been great! This value leader should be more readily available; I had to have this one shipped from a dealer 250 miles away. Pros: -Nice handling, downgrade from my old 2002 Passat but still a much tighter drive than a Jetta. -Adequate power in mid-range acceleration; much better than the 2.5 automatic I tried originally. -Cloth interior (what I preferred) is fine with nice touches such as outside air temp, Bluetooth and dual-zone auto climate control -List of under $20k! Cons: -Wish it had turbo option -Should have more options with cloth seats including heated seats for those of us in northern climates.

Quiet Elegance

by Proud Passat TDI owner from Nashville, TN on Thu Aug 08 2013

I've owned this car since May ...without question the nicest, most value for the money vehicle I have ever owned ...the ride is superb ...handling, ditto. It truly is quiet elegance...why do I say that ....most people that are not in the know would go oh how nice a VW ...Passat ...yeah and diesel ..ho hum ....NOT ... I love this car ....far more than I ever thought I could or would ...German engineering thinks of every little detail ...buy one ...you will thank your lucky stars that you did...incredible mileage ....

sexy car, not great in the snow

by No Screen Name from Brooklyn, New York on Thu Jan 10 2019

Meh. Looked nice. Fishtailed in the snow. Overall ok. I had a diesel and when there was a gasoline shortage and lines were crazy or there was no gas, I was golden!

Does not recommend this car!!

Luxe and Affordable

by Long-Term Car Owner from Bay Hundred Maryland on Tue May 01 2012

Test drove other Brands and found the fit and finish of the Passat to be superior. Many features are standard as opposed to the complicated options packages on other Brands. The Passat holds the road extremely well, the acceleration is instant, and the instrument panel is excellent, a breeze to use. Have owned previous cars for a number of years and I expect the Passat to perform equally well or better.

2012 VW Passat

by John from Buffalo from Orchard Park NY on Sat Jul 06 2013

Bought this car lightly used from Budget Car Sales on Genesee Street Across from the Buffalo airport. 28,000 miles they put new tires on, NYS inspection, and detailed, car looks new and saved $5000 from what the dealers asked for the same 2012. And the MFG warranty is transferred 3 yrs/36,000 miles. Can't beat the service and the car- talk to Joe, he has Jetta's and Passat's I believe they will transport the vehicles.

Our Take on the 2012 Volkswagen Passat

For many car shoppers, price is king — so it’s no wonder the prior-generation Volkswagen Passat, a 2010 model that started at $27,195, didn’t have much of a chance against family sedans from Honda, Toyota and others that cost thousands less.

Now, however, its chances are much better.

The redesigned 2012 Passat combines the driving dynamics and interior quality that VW fans expect with the roominess, comfort and value that the wider public demands.

The 2012 Passat has been designed specifically for the American market, and it starts at $19,995 — squarely in the heart of the midsize segment. Expect it at dealerships nationwide by the fall.

Offered in three trim levels — S, SE... Read More