Designed to perform on nearly any terrain, the 2020 Jeep® Gladiator is the most off-road-capable mid-size pickup truck ever 1, allowing you to leave the paved road in your rearview mirror.
The Gladiator earns this accolade through its repertoire of high-quality equipment that maximizes the functionality of its standard, rugged 4×4 systems. In fact, the Gladiator’s exceptional off-road ability enabled it to also become the only pickup to ever earn the Trail Rated® badge, which is given to vehicles that successfully complete a series of grueling tests over the most difficult terrain to prove their off-road acumen. Here’s how the Gladiator’s equipment works tirelessly to earn these prestigious honors and give you the freedom to explore the unknown.
Superior off-road ability requires a tailor-made engine under the hood. To satisfy this necessity, the 2020 Gladiator is equipped with the proven 3.6-liter Pentastar® V-6 engine that packs the punch you need to withstand tough surfaces:
- 285 horsepower
- Up to 260 pounds-feet of torque
- Up to 7,650 pounds of towing capacity2
The engine also utilizes stop-start technology to maximize its efficiency. As a result, it has an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 16/23 city/highway mpg.3
Undercarriage Features Empower Unsurpassed Maneuverability and Advanced Protection
Traction and suspension articulation are other vital components for successful off-roading, and the 2020 Jeep® Gladiator delivers unmatched performance through a variety of features:
- The Rock-Trac® 4×4 system, with a 4:1 low-gear ratio, is designed to enhance your control of the 2020 Gladiator and generate massive torque to its wheels to conquer steep inclines or any obstacles in your way.
- An electronic disconnecting sway bar helps keep you moving through aggressively uneven terrain by helping to keep all four wheels in contact with the ground.1
- Fox aluminum-bodied shocks provide predictable off-road handling to help you navigate through harsh conditions.
Additionally, the Gladiator crafts innovative measures for off-road protection and durability so you can confidently take on the road less traveled. These include steel rock rails to armor both the cab sills and pickup bed, high-strength steel skid plates to avoid damage to the fuel tank and transfer case, and extra-thick tubes and forgings to strengthen the standard heavy-duty Dana® 44 axles.
Technology Puts Drivability Enhancements at Your Fingertips
Finally, the Jeep® Gladiator comes with handy high-tech systems that modernize the off-roading experience when you need some assistance:
- Front and rear Tru-Lok® electronic locking differentials can help keep the Gladiator moving forward even when three out of four wheels lose traction.
- An available TrailCam Off-Road Camera displays gridlines on the path ahead to guide you in steering through obstacles and difficult terrain.
And to counteract the inevitable dirtiness that off-roading produces, the TrailCam includes an integrated washer that lets you clear dirt or mud from the lens by simply pressing a dashboard button.
Transform Your Off-Road Adventures With a 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your truck isn’t just for utility anymore — with a legendary 4×4 system and several terrain-oriented features, the 2020 Jeep® Gladiator takes the off-roading experience to another level. Build and price one or find a Jeep dealership near you today.
1Based on the FCA US LLC Midsize 4×4 Crew Cab Segment, available front and rear locking differentials, cab and bed rock rails, a disconnecting sway bar, two front and two rear tow hooks, a 4:1 transfer case, 33-inch off-road tires, skid plates and an off-road camera.
2When properly equipped. See dealer for details.
3EPA-estimated mpg with 3.6L engine and six-speed manual transmission. Actual mileage may vary.