Cragg Motors

90 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

February 11, 2019

I bought an Outback for my daughter a couple of weeks ago, and two days ago went back to get one for myself. I love the extras I can afford by buying a... car with higher miles. Great service. The credit union they used for my loan is highly respected and the rate is great.

February 11, 2019

This was an excellent experience. We bought a great Outback for my daughter--a car we wouldn't have been able to afford if it had lower miles. It performs... great, and our experience was positive from start to finish.

• May 31, 2018

There are times in life when you just "know." You know you're dealing with an ethical person. You know you're not going to get jerked... around. You know you're being treated fairly. My experience with Cragg Motors in Belton, MO, was one of those times. Ken Cragg and his wife Kim, the only two employees, treat you like old friends the moment you meet them. There's no pretense, no "car dealer b.s." that everyone hates. Just two hardworking people who do everything themselves. My tradein was pretty rough (albeit with fairly low miles), but I got a very fair price for it. And the fixed, no-hassle price of the Ford Transit I bought, was wonderful. Absolutely none of the pressure tactics, none of the "I'll talk to my manager" crap. Ken knows the fair price of the vehicle, so that he makes a little money and you still get a great deal. THIS is how car dealing should be. As I told both of them, I've never felt more comfortable giving a check to someone for a car. It felt like I was dealing with old friends, instead of two folks I just met. After we agreed on everything and I came back with a cashier's check, I was in and out in 40 minutes! You can bet I will absolutely go to Cragg in the future. Ken and Kim know how it's SUPPOSED to be done!

January 10, 2019

Would purchase again from Cragg Motors. We also have recommended friends to Cragg Motors. Very helpful, and friendly through the whole process and made... the process easy. This vehicle was for our daughter so it was important to have a safe and dependable vehicle.

December 30, 2018

I was looking for a new car for myself because my taurus was broken down for the last time. I was weary of shopping with a big dealership because I am... a young girl and I felt that someone might take advantage of that. Kim was very easy to work with, and didn't hide anything from me. I started looking on Wednesday, and by Friday I was driving off of the lot with my new (to me) car. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Since I had little credit, she was able to get the bank to still approve me- even without a cosigner. Her and her husband were very friendly, honest, and helpful. I would recommend Cragg Motors to anyone looking to buy a car from an honest dealer. Last but not least, they have the coolest fish in their office.

December 20, 2018

It felt like it was different than all the other little shady dealerships untill it was time to work out the financing. I have a 620 credit and was told... by Kim I was looking at a 14%intrest rate but if I could get a cosigner with a better credit score that it would bring it down to 4%. So my mother that has a 780 credit score was going to cosign to get me a better intrest rate. I guess Kim didn't like that and went on to tell me and my mom that it was against the law for my mom to cosign for me since I have a mortgage and I am married. So since my mom couldn't cosign for me Kim said she would go to the bank and fight for me to get my rate down. She came back and said she was able to get it from 14% down to 11.9%. I told her no thanks I wasnt interested. She then called back 20 minutes later and said she got it down to 10.47 but I had to puchase a $2500 warranty. It felt very shady and told her I still wasn't interested with the warranty. So she came back again and said they would drop the warranty but I had to pay the financing fee of a 150 dollars. She seemed so desperate to make the deal it seemed phony not to mention all the BS she feed me on why my mom couldn't cosign and I wouldn't get a better rate anywhere. Well guess what? Went to my bank had my mother cosign and instantly got approved for a 20k loan at 3.79%. the only catch in the loan was I couldn't go to little shady dealerships and it had to be a franchise dealership. Which I was glad because it was a much better experience and ended up getting a better deal anyways. I wouldn't recommend craggs motors to anyone if you do go there don't use them for financing. I just wonder how much of that percentage rate they was going to make off that sale. I should of known better when I couldn't even turn around in the tiny lot and had to back out on a busy street

It is naturally difficult to respond to a negative review without coming across as defensive. Kim and I are extremely proud of our reputation and wer...e completely shocked upon reading this review. To the thousands of customers we have had over the last 16 years, we have no need to respond to it. They are fully aware that this is not at all the way we conduct our business. It's ironic that if we were able to share the actual facts involved, that it would attract more customers to our business, instead of scaring them away. Due to financing privacy issues however, we are unable to share this information. For all those who have never done business with us before, we feel it important to share some very important facts as to how we do conduct our business. We only offer financing and warranties to our customers as a convenience and service. We never, at any time, push these services upon our customers. We always are more than happy to show our customers the documentation that we receive from our lenders regarding the application and the corresponding interest rate that they set. We always encourage our customers to look elsewhere for financing if they have an avenue to get a better rate. If our lender charges an additional fee for a subprime contract, this is normally an expense that the customer naturally pays. "Our Interest Rates" are solely determined by the financial institutions that we use. We contractually have no ability whatsoever to adjust or alter these rates. They are determined based on the credit report and the information given by the applicant. While there are many dealers who are able to adjust interest rates with the financial institutions that they use, we do not, or can not. Our reputation and that of our lenders is extremely important to us. It has always been based on the fact that we stay far removed from the negative stereotype of car dealers and the unethical practices that have caused it.

November 13, 2018

One of the best experiences I have had at a dealership! I will be back when looking for another vehicle!!! Simple process and down to earth people.

July 19, 2018

Ken and Kim worked with me more then I could have ever imagined. You want HONEST friendly please see them. They helped make my childhood dreams come... true with a 50th anniversary Ford Mustang! The process was so easy and I have so much respect for them and their business will be going back for a truck to drive in the winter!!

June 28, 2018

My wife and I were looking for a car for our 16 year old daughter. We were going from dealership to dealership trying to find a car that would be a nice... first car for her. We were having no luck, and it was becoming frustrating. Somehow we were lucky enough to stop by Cragg Motors to check out their vehicles. They didn't have exactly what we had in mind for her on the lot that day. We gave our criteria to Ken, and he told us he would help us find what we were looking for. About a week later he called to tell us he thinks he had found the perfect car for her. And he had! It had everything we were looking for, and our daughter LOVED it! The service was exceptional, and they are so friendly. They helped us save time, and money. We never felt any pressure, and they were very fair with us from beginning to end. We will only buy our vehicles from Cragg Motors from now on.

April 4, 2018

This is the second used car we have purchased from Cragg Motors. We have since moved away from this area, but we come back to purchase Cragg cars! We... will only buy from here! These are the best deals we have ever found.