Cox Mazda

177 reviews

177 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Cox Mazda from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

June 10, 2020

I recently went into Cox and spoke with a very nice salesperson named Jesse. He let me drive the car I wanted no problem even though I told him I'd never... driven a Mazda and wasn't buying today up front. Afterward, he simply asked if I liked it. I said I needed to drive a few more and would be in touch. I didn't get the 500 calls traditionally made by dealerships after you come by. I hate that. I shopped for a few days and almost bought another car, but this place and car stayed on my mind as I had a new standard of how I wanted to be treated. I brought my family to check it out and we still didn't get hassled as I simply got some possible numbers, shared my budget and talked about the car. We drove it, loved it and said we had to sleep on it. He was totally cool about that. The next morning, I did get a call and we scheduled a time to try and hash out a deal. When we came back, I only had an hour and a half to make it happen. I told them the bottom line of exactly what I had to have for the deal to work. They went away and got me exactly what I wanted. We signed the deal and I was about 3 minutes late for my call. Jesse, Trevor and Dan were awesome. I didn't get some BS negotiation process and was treated like I asked to be treated. Interestingly enough, I bought it last night and it's NOT ON THEIR SITE ANYMORE. I read some other things on here about that past that weren't good, but my terrible experiences happened at other dealerships. See my scathing review of Venice Honda for my bait and switch story. Several days later, I checked their site and the CAR WAS STILL ON IT. Don't tell a webmaster that it's hard to make updates either. Apparently Mazda uses a different internet.

May 25, 2020

I decided to take advantage of the Mazda deals being offered this Memorial Day, and, after being disappointed with the local dealer, I decided to contact... a couple out of the area dealers. I determined what my Mazda3 was valued at in a trade for a new 2020 model. When I called Cox Mazda, and got Mark Brown on the phone, the rest was really easy. I told Mark the miles on my car, the condition, and how much I was willing to pay for an "out the door" price. Mark is a great communicated, and makes you feel that he'll do every thing possible to gain a new customer. My new Mazda was delivered (by Mark) in two days, and we couldn't be more pleased. A+ for Cox & Mark!!!

February 5, 2020

Beware!! If you pay for an oil change here, make sure you double check their work. They put a new sticker on my windshield and ignored the work. The worse... part is that they WILL NOT admit their mistake and are adamant the work was done.

May 26, 2019

I hate even walking through a car dealership because of the pressure to buy but sometimes there is no choice. Corey (and Isac!) made it all about what... I wanted and what I could afford. He (they) got me the car I've always loved and showed me that it is within my budget! I even felt confident sending my daughter there and my husband now bought a car from them too. We all love our cars and the reasonable payments as well! Keep up the great work! You are redefining the car buying experience!

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience working with our team on the purchase of your pr...e-owned Mazda. It's reviews like this that makes us love what we do. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for choosing Cox Mazda!

May 2, 2019

From sales to service and parts, all of the employees were helpful, informative, and happy to assist me. I had a great experience at Cox Mazda.

Thank you for the kind words, Rebecca. Our goal is to provide top-notch service in all areas of our business and it makes us happy to see that you fee...l we did exactly that while you were here. We have loads of 2019 Mazda's so when you're ready for a new vehicle please stop in and take a look.

May 1, 2019

Great Dealership, had a great experience with Jesse and Frank. They were easy to work with through the entire process. Thank you to the entire team!

We appreciate the 5 stars and the recommendation! We are pleased to know that Jesse and Frank help provide a smooth and easy car buying experience for... you. Thank YOU Eric! Thank you for choosing Cox Mazda. Please come in and see us again!

April 17, 2019

So I've been looking to buy a CX-5 Touring and today we went to dealerships looking to make a deal. Cox Mazda had multiple listings for the car I am... looking at priced $24,850 which is a great deal. There was a stock number and VIN number listed as well. *INCLUDING ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE AT COX MAZDA* (as well as Autotrader, Cars.com, etc) After driving all the way to Bradenton, we get to Cox. The guy, Jesse, right off the bat seemed shady. He was trying to ask what other colors etc I wanted instead of the car I came in for. I told him I'm looking for this specific car and won't discuss anything until we've met on the bottom line price out the door for the car. Multiple times Jesse kept leaving stating that he had to look for the car as he didn't think it was there yet. (I have seen it listed for about 5 days now). We sat and waited through the games. After three times he came back and said it hasn't come off the truck yet. I asked him when it would be there as that was the car, trim and color I was looking for at a price point that I liked. He said "let me check" and left for about ten minutes. While we waited I sent my mom the VIN and told her to look for the car on the lot and Dad and I waited for Jesses return. Low and behold while Jesse was "looking" my mom found the car on the lot. A few minutes later he comes back now with his manager. The manager states it's mispriced online (again even though it's on multiple car buying websites). I say to the manager "well that's interesting because Jesse said it wasn't here yet but the VIN was listed and my mom went out and found it on your lot.. but now you're saying that it's a misprice?" They couldn't explain themselves. When we shared that we would be reporting them for false advertising the manager replied "good luck trying". Classic bait and switch. I'm glad I wasted my time, gas and mileage to go there. Be careful where you shop from and do your research.

April 17, 2019

So I’ve been looking to buy a CX-5 Touring and today we went to dealerships looking to make a deal. Cox Mazda had multiple listings for the car I am... looking at priced $24,850 which is a great deal. There was a stock number and VIN number listed as well. *INCLUDING ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE AT COX MAZDA* (as well as Autotrader, Cars.com, etc) After driving all the way to Bradenton, we get to Cox. The guy, Jesse, right off the bat seemed shady. He was trying to ask what other colors etc I wanted instead of the car I came in for. I told him I’m looking for this specific car and won’t discuss anything until we’ve met on the bottom line price out the door for the car. Multiple times Jesse kept leaving stating that he had to look for the car as he didn’t think it was there yet. (I have seen it listed for about 5 days now). We sat and waited through the games. After three times he came back and said it hasn’t come off the truck yet. I asked him when it would be there as that was the car, trim and color I was looking for at a price point that I liked. He said “let me check” and left for about ten minutes. While we waited I sent my mom the VIN and told her to look for the car on the lot and Dad and I waited for Jesses return. Low and behold while Jesse was “looking” my mom found the car on the lot. A few minutes later he comes back now with his manager. The manager states it’s mispriced online (again even though it’s on multiple car buying websites). I say to the manager “well that’s interesting because Jesse said it wasn’t here yet but the VIN was listed and my mom went out and found it on your lot.. but now you’re saying that it’s a misprice?” They couldn’t explain themselves. When we shared that we would be reporting them for false advertising the manager replied “good luck trying”. Classic bait and switch. I’m glad I wasted my time, gas and mileage to go there. Be careful where you shop from and do your research.

January 2, 2019

We had communicated with Tim through the internet about looking at a CX-3 while my other Mazda was in for service. We didn't think we'd prefer the MX-5,... but Tim was very helpful making sure we both test drove both models and understood the vehicles. Unfortunately the dealership did not have a used Touring or Sport model of the CX-5. We test drove and bought the Touring model we preferred elsewhere. However, we wanted to give Tim and Cox Mazda the excellent review they deserve, and we will relay this experience to friends and family.

September 28, 2018

I've been involved with many service centers over the last 50 years, and they are so professional and organized that it is always simple and non-painful.... They don't waste my time, the waiting area is excellent, and I'm treated real well. Highly recommend them!