Chesrown Chevrolet Buick GMC

Sunday Closed Closed
New (740) 990-8287 (740) 990-8287
Used (740) 990-8288 (740) 990-8288
Service (740) 513-2566 (740) 513-2566

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Best Dealership!!

Tom was a great salesman!!! Found our truck on the Internet, Best experience with a dealership in years, no hidden fees, no hassle, everything right up front!

new vehicle

Friendly helpful service great customer service got the exact vehicle I wanted very happy with my purchase will return and will definitely recommend this dealership.

Best car visit I've ever had. Only dealership I will use

Had Tom Stevens as my salesman. Very friendly and no pressure. Answered all questions and was very polite to my family. Free oil changes and tire rotation for life, was a very nice surprise. I will be sending all my friends and family to Tom. I drove an hour and a half from home due to Toms kindness and professional salesmanship. When talking to Tom I felt like I was talking to a long time friend and we just met.

2.5

Poor customer service

I have been searching for a particular vehicle and saw that Chesrown GMC had what I was looking for. I called to confirm and work a preliminary deal as I live about 3 hours from this dealership. I also read many of the reviews which indicated that this dealership has a good reputation. I drove 3 hours on a Saturday to look at the vehicle which was sitting outside in the rain. I asked for the salesman that I was working with (Tom Stephens). After a few short minutes we mutually introduced ourselves and I told him I was here to look at the vehicle. He went and got the keys and said here...take it for a drive and take your time. After about 15 minutes I returned and decided to purchase it (2016 GMC Sierra SLT). However, I noticed it did not have a jack under the rear seat and was told its under the spare tire. WRONG! This was September 2nd and to this day and several emails later no jack. I was basically blown off, after all, chances are real good they wont see me again right! Now on to the finance... I had pre approval from my lending institution but with out a title they could not release the funds. If I wanted to wait until Monday (meaning drive home then come back again on Monday) there would be a title. My second option was to use one of Chesrowns lending partners. I choose to do that knowing that I could refinance at a lower rate with my lender. (4.99% vs 3.09%) Upon signing the papers the Finance person asked that I NOT refinance for a month otherwise they Chesrown would have to pay a penalty. Well it would seem to insure this they are holding up my memorandum of tile and registration. Its now 31 days since i purchased this vehicle and no paperwork! I called 2 weeks ago and was told it would be Fedexed to me by that Wednesday and if I did not receive it to call. I did not receive it and called. The next person I spoke with told me it sometimes takes awhile because the BMV is slow.The last person I spoke with last week told me the previous lease holder has not released the title yet but assured me I would have it by Monday the 2nd of October. Well, the 2nd has come and gone still no registration or title!!! It would seem if you from out of the area they are not as concerned about your business. I have purchase many cars in my life and have never...never had it take this long to get the paperwork. I'm not sure what to think about this dealership, in spite of all the good reviews.I have been told so many stories I wonder if they have the title. Lastly, when I got the vehicle home and washed it, it appeared that there was some body work done to the drivers side fender and door. The carfax said some emblems were replaced and a tire! I emailed Tom Stephens about this and he told me....OH there was a scratch on that area and it was touched up. Why was this not on the Carfax and why was I not told about this? There was overspray everywhere. It was on the windshield, hood and sunroof. It looked like it was painted in a barn. In my opinion very unprofessional and deceitful. Well this is my experience with this dealership...take it for what its worth. I don't normally give such bad reviews, I try to give the benefit of doubt. However in this case I see no other choice,

1.8

Disappointed

Love the new GMC!!

Great vehicle...awesome dealership...great people!!! What more can you ask for!! Overall, it was a good experience, David was very accommodating and showed me several vehicles. My only disappointment was the lack of a nice shade of blue, but that wasn't their fault.

Excellent! JoeMeyer was fantastic to work with!

Very smooth transaction. Quick and to the point with a great deal! Very pleased with my purchase and will visit very soon to purchase another vehicle for my wife.

Dealer response

We can't thank you enough for the business & the excellent review! We hope you two love that new Terrain! Thanks again for everything, please feel free to reach out to us or Joe anytime we can assist you in the future!

1.5

Dishonest dealership

Inquired about a used truck salesman called me back next day gave me a great deal after talking to his manager so as agreed upon I show up to get and my salesman was visually upset as they were in process of trying to sell truck to another and I was told I was being used as leverage that they went ahead after my agreement and sold for higher price this was one of the most disrespectful things with no regard for my time it was see ya now owners blame situation on inexperienced salesman which my salesman was honest about what just took place and there belief he was inexperienced was only because owner obviously had not taught him how to lie and deceive people yet as he has his manager

Dealer response

Mr. Mccabe, I completely understand why you are upset and that's exactly why I made a point to call you personally to apologize for your experience. It is always a difficult situation when two customers are interested in the same vehicle at the same time. By default, there is only one car available to sell and one of the parties will always be on the losing end. Unfortunately, in your situation someone physically showed up at the dealership prior to you to buy it and my Management was forced to make a judgment call and sell it to them. Like most retail businesses, we have a first come, first served policy. The only time we will hold a vehicle is if all terms of the sale have been 100% agreed to and the guest is 100% committed. Since you hadn't driven the vehicle yet, you hadn't indicated that you were 100% committed to buying it (until after the fact), and you didn't request that we hold it, we had to make the tough choice to sell it to the customer who arrived nearly an hour prior to you. I do apologize and hope you find what you are looking for.

new truck purchase

over all very pleased with my purchase. your services were great . finding the truck I wanted was easy. I would not hesitate coming back or recommending you too my friends. It was a pleasure working with you.

Dealer response

Thank you for the fabulous review Sierra! We're so glad that David was able to help create such a nice experience here for you. It means the world to us that you would recommend us to your friends. We can't thank you enough. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime you need us in the future Sierra!

Impressed!

I tried to make a deal with another dealer and couldn't . That dealer told me his deal is the best that I could find. In 15 minutes you beat their "best" deal by quite a lot. Our whole time at Chesrown was very pleasant! Joe made the whole trip great.

Dealer response

We can't thank you enough for the fabulous review! We are so glad you had an enjoyable time at our store. We are very glad that we were able to do business with you. Please feel free to contact us anytime we can assist you in the future!