Land Rover Jaguar Houston Central

160 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

August 21, 2014

I highly recommend Patrick Cummings as my car guy. Finding the Jeep Wrangler that I wanted was no easy task. For three months, Patrick would sent me emails... of different Wranglers that became available in Houston. Patrick’s hard work didn’t stop after I signed on the dotted line. He also helped me arrange all the aftermarket accessories that I wanted to add. Patrick’s customer service and follow up skills are the main reasons I will buy my next vehicle from him.

August 20, 2014

We have been purchasing cars from here for quite some time now. Walking into the dealership, you are instantly greeted. You are constantly surrounded by... very helpful, genuine people. One person that really stands out is Patrick Cummins. He is SO very helpful, honest, and an overall good person to work with. I recently moved out of Houston and I am confident to say that I can still count on Patrick to help with any questions/needs I might have. A text/email/phone call away, Patrick is capable of providing me with anything and everything. Words can not explain how convenient and easy he makes everything. I highly suggest this dealership and of course, Patrick Cummins. An overall wonderful man.

July 16, 2014

I called to inquire about a car they had listed for sale and was told it was avaliable .I asked for and received pictures . I then called back and said... if the title was clean I would like to buy Marie said she would check with her manager and call me back in 15- 20 minutes to let me know. An hour later I called her back she said she spoke to her sales manager and he said it was so I offered full price to buy the car . She took my info and said her out of state manager would call me back to do paper work and shipping. Then 30 minutes later Marie calls me and all of a sudden after checking with her manager twice ( once when I asked if it was avaliable and again about title) it was being sold to someone else ! WAY TO COMMUNICATE PEOPLE!!!! Then I looked at reviews only to see Marie seems to have a history of not communicating should I be surprised ?

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and will look into this matter.

April 20, 2014

While back I took my 2007 LR3 to this dealership for a an electrical issue. I was told an hour labor was needed to pin point the problem. First of all... it was almost impossible to get an appointment. I dropped my car and waited for a call back from the service department. My service writer seemed very inexperienced. I think they hired him so that they could have a warm body behind the desk. He called me the next day and asked for 10 hour labor authorization to figure out the problem. At almost $200 an hour labor, you can do the math. Obliviously I told the him to stop everything right there. I picked up the vehicle and took it to another shop and was told that a low voltage was the problem. Ended up replacing my alternator and the issues was solved. Highway robbery! Do yourself a favor and stay away from this establishment.

April 15, 2014

I had a great experience dealing with Patrick Cummings and will certainly visit him again. He is a class act and being in sales myself I expect to be treated... as I treat my own customers. Many high end dealers get a bad rap from time to time but I would certainly recommend seeing Patrick if you are in the market for a vehicle.

March 17, 2014

Bought a used vehicle their and had a only two weeks and the alternator goes out and takes the battery along with it. I reasonably asked them to split... the cost. I mean i just bought this vehicle from you being told it has been looked over and is it great condition. Alternator shop told me it was already on the way out and the dealership would of know if they had did a true inspection of the vehicle. It has been nearly a month and still haven't recieved the bottle of Crystal Clear for the windows as promised . Shady practices from a shady dealership.

November 2, 2013

Called this dealership and spoke with a woman by the name of Marie. I told her i was interested in their Maserati Grand Turismo. Was asking basic questions... about the price of the car and told her that i was interested and that i had a large down payment ( I would have been ok paying full cash for the car as well) Marie said " I will see what i can do and call you back". I never head back from her or anyone else from the dealership! BAD MOVE! Not a few hours later i bought a beautiful Aston Martin V8 Vantage at a competitor! =). There is no recession........People just don't wanna work and grab the opportunities that are right in front of their face.

Luke, (like we responded to your yelp review) Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not consistent with the quality of customer servic...e that we pride ourselves on. We would love to talk to you more about your experience, Please contact Carson Bryan at (877) 695-8262 or carson.bryant@landroverhouston.net. We would look forward to hearing from you.

September 15, 2013

We are very happy with our buying experience at Land Rover Houston Central. We visited several other luxury car dealers (BMW, Mercedes, Audi) and on a... relative basis our experience here exceeded all others. We contacted the dealership through an Internet posting, somebody called us right away, we came in the next morning and bought the car. Unlike all other dealerships, we spoke with our salesman, the Sales Manager and the GM. Nobody was too important or too busy to take the time (and courtesy) to meet us. Our salesman, Elton Love, was great. A true professional who stayed on top of our purchase. We were scheduled to pick up our car on his day off, but he had an associate call to update me our vehicle (we bought certified Pre-owned). The only issue we had was when my wife called their service department directly to ask about our car. My wife said her name and said she was calling on her white Range Rover...the guy who answered responded "well, I have about 20 of those here right now"...to which my wife responded "how many of those 20 have my name associated with them?" My wife is a busy business executive with little tolerance for this type of talk. This said, she was delighted with the purchase process otherwise and our salesman, Elton.

August 24, 2013

I WILL NOT EVER be taking my car back to this dealer!! Thanks for ruining a great driving experience. Great car - POOR SERVICE. The buying experience was... good. Salesman wasnt too pushy & let the vehicle speak for itself. We bought an XF Supercharged. Great look, feel & performance. From that point on, my experience of owning a Jaguar has been somewhat marred by the customer service & service advisors knowledge. On at least 3 ( possibly more ) occassions we have had problems with the service department. Firstly, Jaguar issued a service bulletin update to replace a part. This was close to our 50000 mile service ( & end of warranty period). I spoke to the service department & they advised they did not have the part instock & would have to order it in. They also advised rather than booking the vehicle in for its 50000 mile service & then again for the part replacement - to wait until the part arrived & book the vehicle in & have both completed. While we were waiting for the part to arrive, the vehicle went over 50000 miles ( by about 300 miles). When the part finally arrived, we booked it in. I received a phone call from the service advisor saying that the tyre sensing system needed to be replaced. I said "OK, replace it under warranty". I was advised that the vehicle had gone past its warranty period of 50000 miles. I explained what had happened & after some snide comments from the service advisor about "not being his problem", I asked to speak the the service manager. After several hours of trying to be put through, we eventually spoke. The service manager was very helpful at face value & said that the problem should not have escalated & he should have been advised earlier. After some investigation, the service manager contacted me & advised they had no record of the order ( how very convenient!) but would give me $300 as a "good-will" toward the replacement of the system. I declined & took it to another repair garage - who amazingly fixed the problem for no charge. The latest problem, with the same advisor ( obviously this dealership promotes through incompetence as this person is now a manager), we had a flat battery after returning from holidays. We contacted this person & after 20mins on the phone to my wife ( I was at work) couldn't explain how to manually release the gear selector. Eventually we got the car to the dealership, where after some diagnostics, confirmed it was the battery & replaced it for almost $300! This guy also informed my wife that the altenrator needed replacing as well, as the brake pads & rotors & the water pump ( which has been replaced within the last 12 mths already). My wife rang me, almost in tears to explain the scope of repairs. They wrote out an etsimate of over $3000 for this work & pressured my wife to have it done immediately to avoid catastrophic failure. I rang back to speak to this person but could not contact him. Again, I declined repairs & took it back to the other repair garage for a second opinion. They had the vehicle for a full day & ran a comprehensive diagnostic report on the vehicle. Results - They tested the alternator 3 times - under load & not under load & could find no fault with this part. They inpsected the brakes & found that all pads had inexcess of 20% wear left on them not the 2mm that this service advisor had told my wife. Lastly, they checked the water pump & advised that there was evidence of a SLIGHT leak around the gasket but was not leaking at time of test. The shop advised that for piece of mind, as it was my wifes car, that we should plan to have it replaced IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I decided to replace it at that time. It was finished the same day & was about $200 cheaper than Jag Central & used the same OEM parts. Very disappointed. Obviously thought he could con my wife into getting these additional repairs done - even though they were not needed.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We pride ourselves on providing each customer the most accurate diagnoses of their car issues. We apolog...ize for any mis-communication that we had regarding our labor fee's, being transparent and giving each customer an upfront cost for any work we do on vehicles is a core value at our dealership. We would love to talk to you more about your experience, Please contact Tim Durham our New Vehicle Sales Director at timothy.durham@landroverhouston.net or 713-293-6106. We would love the opportunity to earn back your loyalty.

January 21, 2012

Met with a salesman who showed me the car and answered all questions I had with ample time for test drive. Got a call when plates came in and got them... on. Overall a good buying experience having bought several cars before.