Whitney Motors

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

1.0

Worst dealership Ever!!

My husband purchased a truck cash and the buying process was very easy however after three weeks the truck started leaking. We took it back because they provide you with a guarantee.They kept the truck charged us $700.00 because the guarantee didn't qualified for what was wrong with the truck. We got the truck back and its still leaking. Now they are saying their is nothing that they can do. Save yourself some money and go somewhere else!!! Worst dealership ever.

4.5

Best Car buying experience

Bought a used Impala today and it was one of the easiest and stress free buying experiences. I was allowed to have my own mechanic inspect the auto and he gave it a thumbs up. In the past 7-years I have helped find several used cars and this has been the best experience ever! Whitney will be my go to dealership in the future.

4.5

Very nice people. Would buy from again!

Very small personal dealership. Clean and well maintained. Would buy from again. Only reason they got 4/5 stars for buying process is because when we looked at the car on a Saturday, the guy was not there to discuss about buying, so we had to comae back Monday. However on Monday, he as very nice, honest and not pushy.

Missouri Buyer

Very pleasant and smooth buying experience without a pressured sales pitch. Friendly and trustworthy.

A trustworthy Used Car Salesman?

A big YES on this one!... Our family has bought 3 vehicles from the Whitneys and have had nothing but good experiences. Any issues we've had with the cars were taken care of in a timely manner and to our satisfaction. I like their new, well-lit and easy to find location at the corner of Merriam Lane and Antioch. Hope my review helps them continue to sell cars. They're very trust-worthy....

Our "Go-To" Friendly, Honest, Auto Dealer

Whitney Motor Co. has been our trusted dealer for over ten years ,last count our family had purchased six vehicles for work, school, and pleasure. Brett ,always treats his customers with respect and honesty. Answers any questions you may have and takes pride in offering good clean, mechanically sound cars, for his new and returning customers. Check out the new location at 5020 Antioch Rd, Merriam, KS . You will be glad you did!

The Rare Sort of Dealer One Hopes For!

From the start, it was evident that this dealer is different in very positive ways. They took time to really listen. I was VERY impressed with the professional way in which they worked with my college student daughter. The price was quite fair, and they did not hesitate to let us take it to our mechanic for a check-up before deciding. They even performed a minor repair that the car was found to need before completing the sale. Whitney is a family operation in the best sense of the term: we watched the family really work together, as they have done since, I think, the late fifties. There was no pressure, and they answered all questions thoroughly. Brett was careful to explain each aspect of the paperwork to my daughter so that she knew exactly what she had to do to tag the car. (They are in Kansas and we live in Missouri, but he was familiar with both processes.) A customer feels genuinely welcomed when entering their office. This is a place that has a well earned reputation for quality. I sure wish we had known about Whitney when my two sons bought their first cars. We recommend them without hesitation!

We are very happy!

We went to this dealer due to a recommendation from our mechanic. Our mechanic thinks that the dealer sells good cars for a fair price and that means a lot to us. In all of our interactions with this dealer we were never hassled, pressured, or led to a particular car or decision. We were treated with respect, honesty and a sense of calmness that made our dealings with him very enjoyable. He was very open to having the car we were interested in checked by our mechanic and was happy to repair/address the concerns that were identified. We obviously went into this knowing the car was used and that it was not perfect, but it is a wonderful car that we bought at a fair price. We will go back to this dealer if and when we need another car.

Mr. Robert Jenkins

I had purchased several vehicles from the Whitney Motors. I like the fact that it is a family run business and that they have been in business for 50 years. They deal with integrity and have always been willing to work to make anything that is found wrong with one of their vehicles "right" before or after the purchase. They don't finance and I think that is why their vehicles can be bought for a lower price. LOVE the new location (at the corner of I-35 and Antioch in Merriam. Very accessible and the new building is beautiful. Highly recommend them to friends and family.....

Family Business which Values Honesty

It is usually quite difficult to buy older used cars with confidence. Today I purchased a quality one-owner vehicle from Brett Whitney at Whitney Motors. I have been looking around for awhile and feel confident that I got the very best quality vehicle I could get and at an unsurpassed price. He doesn't play games or pressure the customer in any way. He just puts great cars out on the lot and offers them at exceptional prices. He offers a limited warranty and made it clear to let him know if I have any problems at all with the car. I drove away with no thought whatsoever of, "Should I have kept looking?" or "What if I see something better somewhere else." I will start at Whitney Motors every time a family members needs a vehicle. Whitney has been in business for a very long time. They obviously value their reputation and do business in such a way as to encourage return business. I am so glad I happened to find out about Whitney Motor Company!