McLeod Auto Sales

386 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

November 19, 2017

Did an online preapproval. Got $25,000 but it must have been a computer generated bait trick. Got a call later from a sales person. Did the full application... online. Never heard another word. Been a week, still nothing. I guess if you don't have good credit your not worth the extra work it might take to get approved.

August 16, 2017

This is the worst place me and my husband when to. We tried to get a 2nd vehicle they wanted a lot of money down and they wanted us to pay 5,000 more... then what the car is worth and sold for at other places. We gave the car back and have been trying to get our money back since sat and they keep saying come back Monday we will get it for u so we did then it's come back wed we will have it ready now it's oh we are still waiting to give u ur money back this place is ridiculous they only work with u if u bring in a lot of money or great credit worst place we have went to.

April 17, 2017

I know auto salesmen have a reputation for not caring, but I did work with Aldean, a young man who genuinely cared. He was kind, patient and understood... what I had to work with. I certainly wasn't a big sale customer, but he still treated me like I was. I would recommend him to everyone who is interested in buying a vehicle!!!

April 14, 2017

Warning Warning Warning - Do not do business with this place!!!!!!! We purchased a truck back in January part of the agreement was we needed a spare tire... and they gave us an IOU documentation. We paid in full at the time of the purchase. Within a couple weeks we had to purchase all new tires (as the ones on it were patched with a homemade patch and filled with sand) and replace the U-Joints. We had to keep calling weekly to get the status of our spare tire and our license plates. We kept getting the run around, different excuses each week, and they kept asking us for more paperwork and documentation needed by the count to get our license plates. We call both Bell & Burnet Counties and ask about the documentation needed, they said they did not need any such documentation. In April once my husband wrote a bad review online, they finally responded that they were able to get the license, but now they said we owed them more money for sales tax as they incorrectly calculated and undercharged us. Really four months later after all these conversations they suddenly realized there was an error and we own them $1000 more? They even were holding our license plates and tire until we paid the additional money. When my husband went to talk to they he was told to get off their property and a few days later they had some kid working for them contact us to say he would meet us in Copperas Cove to exchange the license plate and tire for a check. We told him on the phone we were not going to pay anything further. When they met, the kid said he was to stay until we gave him a check. Well that did not happen. Now they have a lawyer calling us saying we signed a document that we agreed to pay additional money. Get real. Stay far far far away from this place!!!!

We usually do not respond to these types of reviews. But in this case I think it is very necessary. We were told by customer that they were tax exempt... and could provide the proper documents to take to the tax office. Customer did not bring in proof of ownership and did not bring the supporting documents for the taxes. It had nothing to do with the tags . We made every attempt to get customer to bring documents in but never brought correct documents. There is no reason for us to not get someones tags unless that person is trying to get a exemption for taxes but will not provide info stating they are owner of farm trying to exemption. We should not have to pay other peoples sales taxes and thats what customer is trying to get us to do.. Im sure there are true complaints out there and we like any good business try and resolve these issues...but sometimes there are just lies that have to be responded to....we wish we could ad our supporting documents as proof of these false statements but we cannot due to privacy laws.

January 21, 2017

I want to say a great big THANK YOU TO MICHELLE AND DEAN IN THE FINANCE DEPT. FOR ALL THE HARD WORK FOR GETTING US INTO SOMETHING I THOUGHT WAS NEVER GONNA... HAPPEN, you truly made and mine and my dad's come true

December 1, 2016

Rene was my salesman he was very profession and informative. I went in there hoping to purchase a truck, Rene quickly gave me the the numbers and options... with in my price range. I was in and out of there with the truck I wanted in no time. Very comfortable experience.

November 22, 2016

Had a very pleasant visit with Mcleod Auto Sales. I was worried I couldn get done and they proved me wrong. If anyone can get the job done its Mcleod Auto... Sales. If you are in need of a nicer car then you have now contact Reed up here he is great and will get the job done shout out to the whole Mcleods Team Thanks

November 22, 2016

Had credit issue did not thing I COULD GET A 2013 OR BETTER AND I DID, Thanks Julius and Dean.

November 22, 2016

Fast and easy approvals. Great cars trucks suvs to choose from. Friendly place all round Thanks Julius.

November 22, 2016

I came in with an expectation that it couldn't be done and with a little faith in the sales rep and approval department they were able to get it done... and I got a dependable vehicle that I needed. For that I am truly thankful. If you want to be apart of a family dealer ship then Mcleod Auto is for you! Thanks so much! -Sassy Home Manager for The Company of Rock House