Cochran Volkswagen South Hills

Sunday Closed Closed
New (412) 265-1084 (412) 265-1084
Used (412) 265-1536 (412) 265-1536
Service (412) 265-1543 (412) 265-1543

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Worst service experience

I own a VW Tiguan and after the 'check engine light' came on in July 2020, I took it to Cochran South Hills expecting the same professional service I had in the past at the Falcone dealership in Indianapolis. It could not have been a more difficult or worse experience at Cochran South Hills. The communication was horrible, often condescending in person and many times no one called back when I left a message on the phone. The wait times were very long on the phone and when we walked in to drop off or pick up the vehicle. At the end the problem was not fixed. Once I picked up the car and on my way back to work (while trying to enter an interstate) had to find out it would not go faster than 25 mph. I called them and this time they picked up the car and determined 'someone did not connect the cables correctly'! They did not charge for the repair of this mistake, but also did not apologize. Over a 2 months period, we ended up taking the car to Cochran South Hills 5 times, spent a total of $3118 and were without a vehicle for a total of 21 days. I was planning to buy a new VW this year, but this experience changed my mind and I bought a Tesla instead. The customer service there is what I expect: professional and respectful.

Dealer response

We’re sorry to hear that we weren’t able to provide you with the best experience possible. We will connect with management on this matter. If you would like to speak to our Customer Care team about your experience, please email feedback@cochran.com.

Definitely recommend

Wow....I am usually pretty cynical about car dealerships and car shopping but my experience at Cochran Volkswagen was truly fantastic. I was able to deal plainly and fairly with my sales person Jon and I was given both a great price for my trade-in and for the Tiguan I purchased based on my research of values and costs of both. There was no need to haggle, the purchase & paperwork process was efficient and quick and Jon gave me all of his attention and time I needed. It was honestly one of my best car shopping and purchase experiences ever.

Dealer response

We greatly appreciate your kind words & recommendation, Will! It's our pleasure to create a smooth buying experience for you. We look forward to seeing you & your Tiguan on the road!

Dodge Affiliate & Volkswagen Associate

I Had 2015 Dodge Dart I Purchased Here VW Took Care of Me With Scheduled Maintenance They Show Exceptional Customer Care And Were Very Nice I Highly Recommend!

Dealer response

We appreciate your recommendation, Corey! It is our pleasure to take care of your service needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great people and great service!

I have had my 2003 VW Beetle serviced at Cochran VW South Hills for years and each time it has been a terrific experience. Great people and great service that you can count on each and every time! The service reps are exteremly informative and helpful and the technicians are top rate. I've never been disappointed.

Dealer response

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is our pleasure to take care of your service needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

My experience at South Hills Volkswagen !

Everything about the South Hills service department was great. Everyone was so nice and professional. I alway get treated with class . The waiting room and bathrooms are also clean.

Dealer response

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, Evelyn. It is our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

1.0

Didn’t know what he was doing

Andrew was assigned to help us. Nice guy but didn’t know how to read the customer. We knew what we wanted but he made us sit and look at pamphlets and showed us a car that wasn’t in our initial request. When we got to a car in our budget, he walked us to the end of the lot just to tell us we would have to walk all the way back down to fill out information then come back to drive. The lack of efficiency lost the dealership any potential sale. We left and drove to another dealership that had better people and inventory.

Dealer response

Thank you for letting us know, and we apologize for the experience you had. We will use this as a learning experience on how we can improve.

Great service, easy to work with.

Went there to look at the car, they had it pulled in the garage for me to look at. Car was detailed and fully serviced perfectly. Easy to work with staff and very kind.

Dealer response

Thanks so much for the kind words. We're happy to help you find the right vehicle. Hope to see you again in the near future!

A great shopping experience

I recently bought a new VW Tiguan from the South Hills Cochran dealership. To be honest I was worried about the sales people being too pushy, but they were very welcoming, informative, and gave me the space I needed to make a decision. Joe W. was a pleasure to work with, keeping me in the loop and providing detailed information throughout the process. We had very candid interactions and I felt like he had my best interest in mind the entire time. I would definitely recommend.

Dealer response

The decision to buy a vehicle is stressful enough; we certainly don't want to add to that. Thank you so much for your kind words, and the opportunity to help you find the right vehicle. We look forward to seeing you and your new Tiguan on the road!

Still waiting for pictures

Went through Cochran Collision center. Had electrical issues with sensors after a accident. Cochran VW was to recalibrate sensors. Front assist did not work at pick up. Sent back to VW for them to recalibrate and took a week. Rear sensor and blind spot weren’t working this time. Collision said not their problem. Had car back over 7 times for door issue as well. Finally got manager to bring car in and send back to VW. Tech called saying would be $240 my cost to fix because mud and debris was up under bumper and caused sensors problem. They had never seen anything like this. Would need to clean and recalibrate. Sounded fishy to me. Asked for pictures to send to my insurance so I could pursue payment and was told they would be sent immediately. Within minutes I received a call saying Cochran was going to do the work at no cost to me. Beware of being charged extra for unneeded work and get a second opinion if possible.

Dealer response

So sorry we did not meet your expectations. We will pass along your feedback to management. If you would like to speak to someone, please reach out via feedback@cochran.com to reach out Customer Care team.

Great service!

Brought my vehicle in for a recall. The appointment was Easy to schedule online, tons of availability for appointments and the employees are always professional to work with.

Dealer response

It is our pleasure to create a pleasant service experience for you. Thank you for your kind words & we look forward to seeing you again soon.