McDonald Mazda South

307 reviews

307 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of McDonald Mazda South from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

January 3, 2021

Donovan was super friendly and not pushy at all. He was very knowledgeable. He has even offered to help us learn more about the car on his day off. He... is top notch!

Sarah, we are thrilled to read this great feedback about Donovan! Thank you for choosing McDonald Mazda South and taking the time to write a positive... review. Have a wonderful day!

December 31, 2020

If I could give a 0 I would have. I went into the service department for a few minor items to be corrected after buying the vehicle used (24k miles on... it) under the factory warranty (front speaker not working and rear USB ports not working) and was told they would not honor the warranty due it being in a minor rear fender incident. Unbelievable the way I was treated, I've bought over 20 cars in my lifetime and have never been treated so rudely as I was at McDonald Mazda service department. Never will I go there again for anything and will tell everyone I know not to go there. I'm just getting started with this. I'm calling Tom Martino, your dealer manager and then Corporate.

Shawn - We strive for friendly and accommodating service here, and I'm disappointed that we didn't leave you with that impression. I would be more tha...n willing to speak with you directly about your warranty and get some more details regarding what happened here. I'm going to look up your contact information, but please don't hesitate to give me a call.Thank you,Michael Brossard - Service Manager - 303-928-7319

• August 31, 2017

Joshua answered my call and told me how to start the car to bring it in. I told him my wife has a handicap (between knee surgeries) and we MUST have a... car. He put our car in right away. A call later in the day and I had our car back. Joshua went overboard to help out. McDonalds...............Take good care of Joshua......he's a keeper

December 19, 2020

lifetime and this was the most enjoyable, easiest car buying experience I've ever encountered. I highly recommend buying a new or used vehicle at McDonald... Mazda South and make sure you ask for Donovan. Donovan was the single nicest salesperson you will ever meet and to top it off he drove the vehicle to our house so that we could test drive it during a time when we were working from home which was fantastic! In addition, when I had questions about the vehicle and sent him a text message on his day off he replied right away. I expected he would reply when he got back in the office but it was pretty incredible the high level of service he provided. If management is reading this, Donovan deserves a giant bonus for what a valuable asset he is to the organization! Thank you to everyone at the dealership for making what is normally a very long, drawn out ordeal a quick, easy, and positive experience. We drove away with a phenomenal deal on our vehicle and I highly recommend making your next purchase at McDonald Mazda South.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at McDonald Mazda South! We are very proud to have Donovan on our team, and it is wonderful to ...hear that he delivered such a seamless purchase experience. We will be sure to let him know how much you appreciate his help. Congratulations on your new vehicle, and we are wishing you many safe and happy miles down the road!

December 14, 2020

I cannot begin to say enough about my experience at McDonald Mazda, but here are a few highlights: - I called to make an appointment and ensure the car... I was looking at online was still available. I was connected to Donovan in sales, and he was extremely helpful over the phone, and was flexible with my work schedule. - When we arrived, everyone there was very friendly, and the building was spotless. I appreciate cleanliness above all, and was quite pleased. - Donovan quickly joined us after arriving, and showed us the car I was interested in. He gave a full tour of the outside and inside, and answered all of our questions. I had just one question he was fairly certain of the answer, but needed to double check, which I greatly appreciated. I hate getting "yes, yes, yes" just to find out that isn't the case, and he gave all the answers without over promising. - I decided to purchase the car, and the process of getting the final numbers was quick and easy. There was a little bit of a line for the "checkout" so they offered for me to leave and come back. I had to return a leased car, so I ran home and completed that process before returning. - The checkout was a breeze. I worked with Lilly, and she was just wonderful. She made the process so easy, and significantly faster than I have experienced at other dealerships. She was also really fun to talk to, which made the whole experience that much better. - I was out the door and driving my new car home in two shakes, and absolutely LOVE my new Mazda. It met every single one of my requests (heated seats, remote start, sun roof) and is stunning. McDonald Mazda is my new go-to for a new car (although I'll be keeping this one for a good while, I love it!) and I'll be highly recommending them to anyone I know (and like). Thank you Donovan and Lilly, you were absolutely amazing!

Paige - thank you for trusting us with your business. We strive to find the best option for guests and it is wonderful to hear that Donovan and Lilly ...walked you through each step of the process. It was a pleasure to work with you at McDonald Mazda South and on behalf of all of us here, we wish you safe travels!

December 14, 2020

I cannot begin to say enough about my experience at McDonald Mazda, but here are a few highlights: - I called to make an appointment and ensure the car... I was looking at online was still available. I was connected to Donovan in sales, and he was extremely helpful over the phone, and was flexible with my work schedule. - When we arrived, everyone there was very friendly, and the building was spotless. I appreciate cleanliness above all, and was quite pleased. - Donovan quickly joined us after arriving, and showed us the car I was interested in. He gave a full tour of the outside and inside, and answered all of our questions. I had just one question he was fairly certain of the answer, but needed to double check, which I greatly appreciated. I hate getting “yes, yes, yes” just to find out that isn’t the case, and he gave all the answers without over promising. - I decided to purchase the car, and the process of getting the final numbers was quick and easy. There was a little bit of a line for the “checkout” so they offered for me to leave and come back. I had to return a leased car, so I ran home and completed that process before returning. - The checkout was a breeze. I worked with Lilly, and she was just wonderful. She made the process so easy, and significantly faster than I have experienced at other dealerships. She was also really fun to talk to, which made the whole experience that much better. - I was out the door and driving my new car home in two shakes, and absolutely LOVE my new Mazda. It met every single one of my requests (heated seats, remote start, sun roof) and is stunning. McDonald Mazda is my new go-to for a new car (although I’ll be keeping this one for a good while, I love it!) and I’ll be highly recommending them to anyone I know (and like). Thank you Donovan and Lilly, you were absolutely amazing!

Paige - Thank you for trusting us with your business! We strive to find the best option for our guests, and it is wonderful to hear that Donovan and L...illy walked you through each step of the process. It was a pleasure to work with you at McDonald Mazda South, and on behalf of all of us here, we wish you safe travels!

October 2, 2020

I feel like this place is really still in tune with the type of shady sales tactics that make people nervous about car dealerships. Make sure you ask for... a break down of the work being done before you actually let them do it. I came in for just an oil change and the service sales man Zack was trying to get me set up for warranty stuff right off the bat. He later told me, after my car was already being worked on that my cabin air filter was trashed from all the smoke and ash in the air. He then proceeded to explain that this filter is going to run me about $100 because it's a special filter for my car that only Mazda makes. I hope other customers are smarter than I am and ask for a break down of all charges before they allow any work to be done. My grandfather worked in the automotive industry for thirty years and warned me about salesmen like this. They give you inaccurate information and don't quote what you're actually paying for. I wasn't shown a breakdown of what I was actually being charged for just told that my car needed this very specific thing that could only be done there. I don't trust this type of business practice of bait and switch tactics. (The filters are very cheap and can be purchased pretty easily online.) I'll be more careful about doing my research before accepting any last minute recommend work on my vehicle in the future. I spoke with a manager about the issue and he was very rude and dismissive. I'm very very particular about where I have my car taken care of for this reason. I have so far only done business with the West location and they've always been honest and upfront with me. I've never once felt like they were trying to dupe me or up sell me so this was very disappointing.

Lindsey - we run our business to be straightforward with guests, so it was hard to see your feedback. I sincerely apologize for leaving the wrong impr...ession during your visit and I would be happy to go over any outstanding questions that you may still have. We would hate to have this instance cost us your business, so please give me a call if you would consider giving us a chance to make things right. Thank you, Michael Brossard - Service Manager - 303-928-7319

June 19, 2020

Schedule a couple of maintenance items on my 2008 Mazda Mx5. Over the phone I was quote a price and 1.5 hrs. for the time it would take. Rolled in a 1:15pm... and was joking with the Kyle about it been done at 2:45 and we said make it 3:00pm. I will wait then. Two hours in, I checked with the service department and I was greeted with "what do you need" and I will have Kyle call you. At 4:00 pm, no call from Kyle. 4:15 my car is sitting out on the lot done. I again wanted to pay and was told by the department something has come up and you have to wait. Customer service is not there specialty. On my afternoon off what I loved to do is sit in a dealership for 3 hours for a air filter change and a brake fluid flush. I will go to Schomp Mazda, Sill-TerHar in Broomfield, Courtesy Mazda in Longmont or a independent shop before I ever give McDonald Mazda another penny.

Haben - I'm so disappointed to hear that we lost your business but I can understand why you are upset. We should have been more communicative here and... I sincerely apologize that we kept you waiting. I will speak with my team about your feedback so we can improve for future guests. Thank you, James Zielonka - Service Manager - 303-738-4837

June 19, 2020

Scheduled a couple of maintenance items on my 2008 Mazda Mx5. Over the phone I was quoted a price and 1.5 hrs. for the time it would take. Rolled in a... 1:15pm and I was joking with Kyle about it been done at 2:45 and we said make it 3:00pm. I will wait then. Two hours in, I checked with the service department and I was greeted with "what do you need" and I will have Kyle call you. At 4:00 pm, no call from Kyle. 4:15 my car is sitting out on the lot done. I again wanted to pay and was told by the department something has come up and you have to wait. Customer service is not there specialty. On my afternoon off what I loved to do is sit in a dealership for 3 hours for a air filter change and a brake fluid flush. I will go to Schomp Mazda, Sill-TerHar in Broomfield, Courtesy Mazda in Longmont or a independent shop before I ever give McDonald Mazda another penny.

June 13, 2020

Literally the worst experience I've had, and it was my first. My dad came with me to test drive, and we very clearly told our associate Jake that we would... not be buying the car today. Not only did he know nothing about the car, (we don't blame him because it was obvious he was new and wasn't trained well) but after the test drive he gets his General Manager, who comes over to say his owner is in a contest and tried to hard sell us into buying the car today. Also held our keys hostage (we got an appraisal). Worst place ever! Totally lost our business. Totally condescending and won't be surprised if they go under.

This doesn't sound like the knowledgeable and accommodating service I expect from my team. I'd like to speak with you directly about what happened dur...ing your visit to ensure that we are living up to our values here. Would you consider giving me a call?Thank you,Jason Sharp - General Sales Manager - 720-644-5851